twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: juicers and juice quality?

kwells
Juicer
juicers and juice quality?
on: October 29, 2013, 15:44

Greetings! I have a question/concern I hope someone here may be able to address. I just "upgraded" from a very old Juiceman Jr. (centrifugal) to a new Omega VRT400 (masticating), because my understanding was that masticating juicers yield higher quantities of better quality juice. However, I'm tending to get significantly less juice with the Omega than with the Juiceman, it's a warmer temperature, and it separates more quickly in the refrigerator. I've experimented mostly with carrots so far, but I get over 4 cups of almost refrigerator-cold juice from 5 pounds of carrots with my Juiceman, and only about 3 cups of warmer juice from 5 pounds of carrots with the Omega. Can anyone speak to the issues of quality of juice if it's warmer and separates more quickly in the fridge, and why I'm seeing such a reduction in yield? Many thanks in advance for any words of wisdom and advice you might offer!

andy4879
Re: juicers and juice quality?
on: October 29, 2013, 15:49

hello kwells,

the omega is great for extracting and getting out the pulp but the heat makes the nutrients decrease. i use the one joe cross used on his dvd which is the brevelle juice fountain. it is only 150.00 and from what you are saying, mine does not do what yours does so i would take it back and get one like mine. read this article below:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/juicers/buying-guide.htm

if you need anything else, let us know,andy

Hamilton2008
Juicer
on: October 29, 2013, 16:46

ive got this one the oscar vitalmax 900 which yields loads of juice for my liking

http://www.livingpure.co.uk/oscar-juicer-vitalmax-900-p-287.html

andy4879
on: October 29, 2013, 17:15

that is almost 400.00 u.s. dollars! i can't see spending that much on a juicer unless i owned a health food store.

Gary
Juice Expert
Gary
on: October 29, 2013, 22:10

Kwels, just a thought but your older juicer is probably leaving some pulp in the juice which would look like a higher yield. I have the Oscar masticating juicer and I have never had any noticeable warmth in the juice. Maybe because masticaters are much slower the veg has time to warm up a little, again, just a thought.
As for separation, I have never left a juice long enough to separate until a couple of days ago when I got chatting to some-one! Not sure why this would happen or whether it means the juice is somehow worse or maybe better.
I agree with Andy that the masticaters are expensive but they do come with very large warranties, 15 years on mine! I also think that most things in life are best done slowly but that's just me:-)
Good luck.
Gary.

andy4879
on: October 29, 2013, 22:18

hey kwells,

gary brings up a good point. after you do your kale,celery,carrots,and any greens, put something hard through it before going to the next thing as that will clean the filter. i did kale and it got stuck in my strainer and i got a lot of pulp but i fixed that.

this is what we all need:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/321109802919?lpid=82

Gary
Juice Expert
Gary
on: October 29, 2013, 22:39

Nice looking juicer Andy but at 4 times the cost of my Oscar it can stay on the shelf at ebay.com!!
Looks like a twin gear and with stainless parts will be a slightly better juicer. Probably great for commercial use.
Gary

Hamilton2008
Juicer
on: October 30, 2013, 12:02

i paid 350 pound for the green power kempo juicer before and the amount of juice it produced was unreal!

thing if you want good juice you need a half decent juicer, these centrifugal ones are awful in my opinion.

andy4879
on: October 30, 2013, 14:12

where did you get yours for 350 and what model is it ham? thanks.

Hamilton2008
Juicer
on: October 30, 2013, 16:01

Andy, heres the link http://www.ukjuicers.com/green-power-kempo-gpt-e1305-exclusive-pro-juicer-red

andy4879
on: October 30, 2013, 16:04

thank you!

andy4879
on: October 30, 2013, 16:07

ham,

that is almost 600.00 u.s. dollars! i have that kind of money but i would rather make an extra house payment! lol.

Gary
Juice Expert
Gary
on: October 30, 2013, 16:24

Andy, the Oscar Vitalmax is one of the cheapest masticating juicers. It's also one of the best and often overlooked. Comes with a large warranty usually.
It will juice almost as well as a twin gear and is happy doing wheatgrass and herbs.
The slight downfall with the masticating and twin gears is that they are not as good with soft fruits as a centrifugal juicer. When I juice cucumber or soft apples I need to follow it through with something harder like carrot, beets or celery. Otherwise they are brilliant and very easy for clean-up.
Would be around $us300.
Cannot paste a link here so will post on next page.
Gary.

Gary
Juice Expert
Gary
on: October 30, 2013, 16:26

Here is a link so you can take a look Andy.

http://www.energiseyourlife.com/products/Oscar-VitalMax-900-Juicer.html?gclid=CJab5b35vroCFWTHtAodmk8Axw

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,