twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: I am a Brand New Juicer starting today!

CarolLee
Juicer
CarolLee
I am a Brand New Juicer starting today!
on: August 13, 2013, 15:26

This site is wonderful.
I am just starting my first ever 7 day (committing to that) fast.

This week I watched the movies on Netflix explaining what this is about as a way to get healthy.
I found your site a couple of days ago.
Yesterday I shopped with your list (added a couple extra items) and I have just this morning purchased my New Juicer.

My very first Blend is
Broccoli
Kale
Granny Smith
Red seedless Grapes

DELICIOUS!

I am easing into the dark greens with a little fruit but I will use more of the greens as I go.
I just wanted to say I so appreciate your information and I hope to report back with my success!

Thanks so much!
Carol

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: I am a Brand New Juicer starting today!
on: August 13, 2013, 16:19

Carol, welcome to JOJ, I'm glad you enjoy the site! Congrats on starting your first juice fast! That sounds like a really delicious recipe and a great first juice! I wish you all the best, I'm here if you have any questions Carol.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

CarolLee
Juicer
CarolLee
on: August 14, 2013, 13:01

Good morning. Day 2.
By the 3rd large juice yesterday (they tasted good and were mostly veggies) my stomach had had it. The only way I can describe it, it feels harsh. Like it needs a coating of something to calm it back down. Drinking lots of water for sure!

I slept ok. I got up this morning and headed back to the Juicer. Decided to start the day with a mild fruit drink and work my way through the rest of today. Apples, Lemon, Red Grapes and Blueberries. Very good. Going to try the Tomato Basil Spinach combo later...yesterday I used too much garlic! One clove is more than enough. LOL!

Let you know how it goes. :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 14, 2013, 16:00

Carol, drink a smaller amount of juice and more throughout the day. It also may be a particular ingredient that is causing you to feel that way. You may look into making substitutions to narrow it out. http://www.justonjuice.com/juicing-substitution-list/ Try substituting or cutting back on the amount of ginger first, and then try replacing kale with spinach. Those two are usually the culprits to harsh juices.

Yeah, I'm going to adjust the recipe to call for 1/2 - 1 clove of garlic as 2 is usually way too much unless you heat it up as s soup. Have a terrific day Carol and thanks for keeping us updated. I'm here if you have questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

CarolLee
Juicer
CarolLee
on: August 14, 2013, 16:45

I want to make note that after the morning juice I made a cup of hot water with lemon slices and ginger root.
I think that calmed everything down. I know Ginger is good for calming digestive issues. Anyway, it worked.
I had the Tomato, spinach, cucumber,parsley, celery drink and that seemed to work ok.

Now I am doing a carrot, apple, ginger,strawberry one. That is very great tasting by the way. :) The next one with be a Green drink.

Took your advice and made a smaller batch. I can always make another when needed. I think I had it in my mind to "get it done" while it was fresh. Slowing down and enjoying this one.

I also need to tell you that on Friday (mid way through my 7 days just about) I have a lunch date with my 83 yr old Mom and my 85 yr old Aunt...that was planned before this 7 day plan...I had forgotten about it.
I can't back out. I will do my best to either choose a salad or do a Soup. I have to see what is on the menu...they have not decided where we are eating. :(

This is putting a crimp in my efforts but it is not a perfect world. I will stick with veggies or soup and make the best of it.
Any other suggestions are appreciated in this instance.
Thanks so much. You are a great help. :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 14, 2013, 17:17

Carol, good call on the lemon and ginger. Both help to promote digestion and ginger is great for easing nausea and stomach cramps. As far as your lunch date, just stick to fresh fruits and veggies and you'll do fine. Most soups will have oil and other things in there that you don't want. If you just stick to the fruits and veggies chances are you won't interfere with your fast at all for that one meal. You will do fine Carol! Get a nice fresh salad and ask for a few lemon slices to use as dressing. You're doing fantastic! I'm looking forward to your updates. I'm here if you have questions.

CarolLee
Juicer
CarolLee
on: August 15, 2013, 12:25

Day 3 has begun.

Learning as I go. :) Starting the morning with hot water and lemon and ginger root is SO helpful! I really like the way I felt this morning. My stomach was calm. And generally I feel very calm.

What worked for me yesterday seemed to be alternating fruit drink with veggie drinks and I ended the day on a fruit note. That may have also helped my stomach this morning.

Garlic is a problem even with only using a small piece it was too much. So I will eliminate it and avoid that issue. Plenty of other things to use. (I love garlic and use it a lot...just not working for me in the drinks.)
Would garlic powder added with some pepper be ok?

Started this morning with Apple, Blueberry, Strawberry, Romaine, Carrot combo. Very good.:)

Taking some time to figure out my plan after the fast. I like the idea of starting out with meatless meals. I hope to make that my next challenge keeping the juicing as part of my daily intake.

Have a great day! :)
Carol

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 15, 2013, 15:49

Carol, congrats on day 3! The warm water with lemon is awesome isn't it? If garlic is a prob then just eliminate it completely. I see no problem with garlic powder or pepper.

You'll do great if you include juicing as part of your every day routine. Your body will get used to it the longer you are on your fast. It's a great way to get nutrition. Keep me updated on your fast Carol. You're doing really good!

CarolLee
Juicer
CarolLee
on: August 16, 2013, 19:54

Thanks Donnie.
Day 4 in full swing.
The dining out for lunch went very well. First of all...it was HEAVEN to CHEW food. Will so appreciate my meals when this is done.
I was able to chose a Field Greens salad. No dressing. I had plain grilled Portobello mushrooms and red pepper and spinach. And water.

Reading a menu with things I would have loved to eat was not as bad as I thought it would be. I would have preferred to not have this one interruption but the company and day out with my Mom and Aunt came first. Plus I don't think I did that much damage.

so back to the program and a target date of Tues (7 day fast) to end the Fast and start the better choices for better health.
:)
Carol

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 16, 2013, 23:56

I'm glad you had a fantastic day out with your Mother and Aunt. I don't think it will effect your fast too much once that stuff passes through your system. Just get back on it and you'll do well.

CarolLee
Juicer
CarolLee
on: August 19, 2013, 19:43

Well...I made it. DAY 7!!!
:) I have to say on Day 2 I thought...this may not happen. This was a real challenge for me.
Thanks for the help and support. So appreciated.

I have been preparing the kitchen for good food. I am going to start tomorrow with juice LOL! But will have a Salad for lunch and a Juice for afternoon...then a veggie and salad meal for dinner. We will see how that goes...starting slow and paying attention. Reading labels and ready to go.

Reading so many different Plans is so confusing. I am a meat and potato eater.I am Italian and Portuguese decent...we love to cook and love to eat...many things have meat and pork especially in the recipes.

Now I Love the idea of Plant based eating. They say "No Oils at all, no animal products, no milk products or cheeses etc" I understand the concepts of Forks over Knives. I like the Engine2 diet plan but am not sure it is something I will do 100% I do not know if I can. But I mean to start from there. The Straight Up Food site has many good looking meals.

Vegans have many different view points of view.

Some of their products have oil and milk in them, some eat eggs and fish, use oils. etc.

So trying to navigate through that maze is a challenge. I do like the idea of mostly plant based meals best. I cannot say I will never ever eat a piece of cheese or a steak or an Italian dish. I don't really want to make that commitment and fail.

But I have learned a lot in the last 2 weeks and hope to carry it forward and think of it as a great foundation about what I will feel like eating a whole different way with whole foods.

I will check in again. :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 20, 2013, 03:11

Carol, congrats on making it 7 days! That's really fantastic! As far as coming off the fast you have a good plan of action. It's great to eat a plant based diet but it's okay to include some meats here and there. But for the first three days off your fast keep it strictly juice along with fresh fruits and veggies. Then you can start incorporating meat into your diet. Keep me posted Carol. I'm really proud that you went a full 7 days and made a really positive change.

CarolLee
Juicer
CarolLee
on: August 20, 2013, 12:48

Thanks Donnie...and I would share with you what I think the benefits have been for me in just one week.
My weight dropped 8.8 lbs.
My feeling of calm has been remarkable. I have come to think that it is from my body not having any HFCS from any packaged product or in foods that it has been added to.
I imagine also there have not been any other toxic chemicals but I think that hidden sugar had more effect on me than I knew.

I am not a panicky or nervous person but I had this feeling of mild anxiety that had been building under the surface and had remarked about it several times in recent months. As my weight climbed I guess the more junk in my system. Makes sense.

Next, the biggest thing. I was taking 800mg of Advil 2 to 3 times a day. That is a "Motrin" dose. That is excessive. It was for my knees. I took a total of 3 tabs in the last week.

15 more pounds would put my weight in a perfect place for me. I have done this before. This time I am determined that it is a life style change for good. When my MD sees me in Dec she is going to flip! LOL

I hope that encourages others to make changes.

This morning I had my hot water Lemon/ginger "tea" then a Green Drink of Romaine, Spinach, Cucumber, Broccoli, Spear of Pineapple and half a Granny Smith Apple.

Having a bowl of fresh fruit for lunch...peach, slice of cantalope, spear of pinapple, handful of red grapes, handful of blueberries. Of course lots of water between everything and later this afternoon another juice.
This is just the beginning. I feel very positive about this change.

So happy I found Juicing and all the information here. :)
have a great day.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 20, 2013, 16:50

I'm glad things are going well for you Carol. Just keep adding the juices throughout your day and you'll continue to lose weight along with eating solids. I was taking all kinds of medications before my first fast. I'm off all of them now. What we eat plays such an important role in how we feel and how our bodies react. Have a fantastic day Carol!

CarolLee
Juicer
CarolLee
on: August 23, 2013, 12:19

Good morning! Just wanted to check in and say all is going very well. I am eating just fruits and veggies along with juicing. (Plant Based diet) with a self challenge of doing this one week at a time. Of course I am just juicing away! LOL

The meal is mainly supper. Roasted veggies, huge salad, Veggie Chili and a huge salad, strir fry veggies with Quinoa and a huge salad....you get the idea.

Do a juice fast and appreciate eating food one bite at a time!
:)
What is really good is that after doing the fast, I listen to my stomach and only eat when I am hungry. I also fill up fast.
so all is good and just wanted to update in case it should help another.
have a great day!

Jensx
Juicer
on: August 23, 2013, 19:59

Hey! Well done on starting and committing to the juice fast! I am doing a 60 day juice fast and I am writing a blog on my experience! Feel free to read it, also please leave comments and let me and everyone else know how you are doing! :)

Happy Juicing!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 24, 2013, 20:25

Carol, I'm glad all is going well for you! Just keep listening to your body and you'll continue to lose weight and feel wonderful! Thanks for updating us on your status!

CarolLee
Juicer
CarolLee
on: August 28, 2013, 11:32

Hi Donnie, I am checking in...still juicing at least twice a day faithfully. :) Also eating all Plant Based and no animal products, sugars or oils. Just plants.

Interesting challenge for me. I love to cook so I am trying new recipes and some old faves leaving out the meat. I will not say that I don't think of cheese and olive oil. Miss that more than meat.

but for now this is the plan. I have lost a pound in a week+ since the juice fast but that is fine. I feel good and think this is the sensible way to do this and will probably do a 3 day Juice Fast every month. What is 3 days after doing 7? and I love the juices! so things are fine.

have a great day!
Carol

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 28, 2013, 16:03

Carol, 3 day fasts are easy after you've done a 7 day. There's really nothing to it! It sounds like you've found a plan that works for you. Keep it up and keep me posted!

CarolLee
Juicer
CarolLee
on: September 8, 2013, 18:17

Checking in just to say that the weight loss has stalled since adding a bit more food. But my plan is to do the 3 day fast to give my system a little kick. I continue to juice minimum of 2 times a day. Truth is that I have been making plant based recipes and eating all veggies 99% of the time with no added oils, sugars or animal products but I think it is time to remind my body that I need to juice a bit more.

I have no problem with eating this way. No excuses. :)

Wed Thurs and Fri this week is Juice Fast time. Here we go!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 9, 2013, 17:18

Carol, it's a good thing to maintain juicing when you start to incorporate solids back into your diet. The weight loss may have stalled but you also aren't gaining any weight. Give it some time as your body will adjust to the normality of eating again. The weight will start to fall off again as long as you keep eating healthy.

Good luck on your 3 day. It's going to be a breeze for you!

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: September 9, 2013, 21:01

Carol, I started adding some homemade vegetable soup with a little chicken along with my juicing about a week or so ago. My weight loss has slowed down BUT I went down another size in my clothes AND I'm now able to wear my wedding ring which I "outgrew" 4 years ago! I was very happy and surprised at the loss in inches, while still maintaining that weight. The good news is that my body just "let go" of a couple more pounds and it feels like I'm going into another weight loss cycle.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,