twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Going to start tomorrow!

Deb
Juicer
Deb
Going to start tomorrow!
on: July 22, 2013, 14:43

Hello! I am going to start a juice fast tomorrow and today I am off to buy the needed ingredients. I watched the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and was truly inspired. I'd like to do the 7 day fast and who knows...continue? Well, maybe I'd better not get ahead of myself and hope that I can make it 3 days!

Question - can I drink club soda or sparkling water? I really like to drink that with squeeze lime - I like the bubbles.

It's going to be very, very difficult for me to give up coffee. I am not looking forward to that.

But, I have an image in my head - one of me getting fit and healthy and just sparkling with vitality.

I look forward to participating on this forum.

Thanks,
Deb

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Going to start tomorrow!
on: July 22, 2013, 19:55

Welcome to JOJ Deb! Congrats on starting your juice fast! Sparkling water is okay to have during your fast. As far as coffee, switch to tea. Just avoid the black teas. Keep that image of you in your head and think of it anytime you're tempted to go off the fast. You're going to do great Deb! I'm here if you have questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Deb
Juicer
Deb
on: July 22, 2013, 21:32

All set - just got back from the grocery store. Most likely will have to go back in again in a couple of days (I live in the country). My own garden is not going to be ready for awhile. The only thing that is ready to eat right now is lettuce. Can I juice lettuce?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 23, 2013, 00:10

Deb, you can juice lettuce. I juice Romaine Lettuce very often.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

Deb
Juicer
Deb
on: July 23, 2013, 20:50

Just over the 1/2 way mark today. Have a headache - not too severe and I am quite sluggish. I am not feeling hungry though. I am working on my 3rd juice. I think I made a mistake by juicing an orange with the peel on and the juice was a on the bitter side, so next time I will peel it. I don't know what planet I was on yesterday when shopping - I am already running out of kale and apples. So, I guess it's off to town tomorrow to pick up a few more supplies. I live in the country so shopping involves a 1/2 drive in and back.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 24, 2013, 04:00

Yeah, it's best to peel anything that has a rind. Oranges can be so bitter if you leave on the rind! Congrats on day 1 Deb! Keep us posted.

Deb
Juicer
Deb
on: July 25, 2013, 00:38

Just finishing my 2nd day and no headache. I had to take a couple of advil yesterday. I juiced some watermelon today and my that was tasty. The juice is satisfying my hunger. I did look rather lovingly at the coffee pot this morning - I do miss my coffee.

Apart from the "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" documentary, can anyone recommend some good Youtube or Netflix videos to watch for motivation?

Thanks,
Deb

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 25, 2013, 03:26

Deb, it sounds like you are doing really great! Keep it up! Here are a few really good documentaries that you should watch:

Hungry for Change
Food Matters

Those two are really good and I believe they are both on Netflix and Amazon. Let me know how you liked them Deb.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,