twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Frozen (Thawed) Fruit

CrawllyFlower
Juicer
CrawllyFlower
Frozen (Thawed) Fruit
on: July 22, 2013, 18:25

So when I prepped my gallon bags Sunday, I threw in a cup of frozen blueberries, knowing they'd thaw in time to make my juice this morning. This is the only time I've experienced a 'thick juice.' What happened? How would thawed fruit make a difference. I won't be doing it again, because clearly something went wrong.. But, can someone explain this to me? Also, as I went to push the pulp through a second and third time, it was very wet. Usually the pulp is quite dry, even after one time through.

Thanks in advance!
-Holly

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Frozen (Thawed) Fruit
on: July 22, 2013, 20:00

Holly, if this was the only time it happened I'd be inclined to say it had something to do with the blueberries. Try using fresh blueberries and see if you get the same results. Keep me posted.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

CrawllyFlower
Juicer
CrawllyFlower
on: July 23, 2013, 17:55

Oh, I'm sure it was the berries. Was just wondering if there's a general rule to NOT use frozen/ thawed fruit? Or does this actually work out fine with other fruits?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 23, 2013, 19:30

It's actually fine to use frozen fruits. When fruit is frozen it retains it's nutritional value so it should be fine to use if thawed out.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

CrawllyFlower
Juicer
CrawllyFlower
on: July 24, 2013, 22:40

I don't know.. I did it again and something funny happened with those berries again..The only possibility I could think of (Why it's thickening up..) is that I'm throwing the juice leftover from the frozen blueberries in the bag into the juicer.. Maybe that is flushing some of the pulp into my juice?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 25, 2013, 03:28

Hmmm, try using fresh berries and see if it does the same thing.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,