twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: What would cause salty taste?

chiwalker
Juicer
chiwalker
What would cause salty taste?
on: September 10, 2013, 18:22

Hi,today for lunch I made the bruschetta Tang...I used tomatoes,some basil,a little squash and used up a little leftover spinach and kale. It tasted really salty,but I used no seasonings whatsoever. What would cause the salty taste? My doc wants me to avoid salt.Thanks!

Chiwalker

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: What would cause salty taste?
on: September 11, 2013, 18:22

Well, in actuality you didn't have any salt in that recipe. Let's clarify a few things that might make it more understandable.

Many people use the words "salt" and "sodium" interchangeably but they are not the same thing. Salt is a mix of 40% sodium and 60% chloride. While sodium is an essential mineral, you only need small amounts of it for good health.

Tomatoes don't contain salt, but they do contain sodium. Tomatoes contain about 9mg of sodium which is considered very low.

Since you've been juicing, what happens is that your taste buds start to readjust. You'll notice things taste stronger the longer you juice.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

chiwalker
Juicer
chiwalker
on: September 15, 2013, 03:06

Thanks,Donnie I think you mentioned that yesterday and my taste buds are making a comeback! Another question...what is the best way to juice bananas and mangos? I juiced a banana today and it like just disappeared...poof. I cleaned what I could find out of the top of the juicer and rejuiced it, but I didn't notice much banana flavor and I have a feeling mangoes will follow the same pattern. Also I made the bruschetta recipe today and added half a bell pepper,and subbed some kale for some of the basil and it was pretty good. LOts more energy today, and my vision seems a little better, and best of all, not hungry. My hubby has a stack of reeses cups and butterfingers on the coffee table, and he bought pizza for the company we had this evening, and I wasn't even tempted...yay, me!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 16, 2013, 16:07

Chiwalker, some juicers cant' handle bananas at all. In most cases you wont get much out of them at all. It's best to run a cucumber or something really juicy afterwards to help push out some banana. I get just enough flavor out of one to add a nice creamy taste to my juices.

Congrats on holding back those temptations! I know how hard that can be at times. Well done!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,