twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2
Author Topic: The Juicing Journey.

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
Re: The Juicing Journey.
on: October 16, 2013, 11:17

Hello all,

Sorry I haven't responded for a while but i fell off the wagon after day 5 and really struggled to mentally get my head around "just juices". Got to the stage where the juices were quite monotonous to drink.

The best news is that i have not put the weight back on (heard so many people state that you will put the weight straight back on) and proved that i can maintain it after the fact.

My thoughts were to have another run at it, but i would like to see what other juice recipes are out there that i can use on the program (I was really getting sick of the look of the green juices and one of those beet juices almost did my head in).

Great to still see the others chipping away.

Regards
Rob

caroline0205
Juicer
on: October 16, 2013, 11:51

Quote from JustOnJuice on September 29, 2013, 23:24
Rob, stay away from adding honey into your juices. It will just slow down your weight loss. Just think that anything with sugar will slow down your weight loss. Less sugar is better on the juice fast. You can have a juice as late as you want really. I try to have my last juice 1-3 hours before I go to bed. Sometimes the juice will give you a lot of energy making it hard to sleep. You'll get used to the juices and how they effect you.

I have been making smoothies for a while now, but I was getting concerned about the amount of sugar in them and I agree with you that it will just slow down your weight loss.

andy4879
on: October 16, 2013, 12:42

hey rob,

congrats on keeping the weight off! that is the hardest part. if you read my 60 day journey and keep going post, you will see that i got to the point where it was over at day 65 but through these forum members and god's will, i am still on it and it is paying off. i told someone yesterday that the first week is the hardest and the rest is easy. i got sick of the mean green but i tweaked it with lemon and lime.

since you have a lot of weight to lose, it will not be bad trying carrot,apple,and celery which is really good. you do 2 apples,4 carrots,4 stalks celery and it is awesome and you don't have to do all mean greens if you can't tolerate them all day long because just juicing anything will be better than what you were eating. i hated the mean green last week but the next day, i was fine. i quit using the foam and it made it better!

i do mean greens only because i am don to the last 20 pounds or so and i want that weight loss now but you don't have to do that. the beet drinks did me in too! talk about drinking dirt. there are plenty of recipes on the internet that you can try but at your stage, don't make yourself get sick of the mean green and have 3-4 different ones a day.

let me know how it goes.

glad to see you back,
andy

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
on: October 18, 2013, 07:53

Thanks Andy.

I have decided that i will give it another shot starting this Monday.

In regards to the variety, I am happy to drink similar juices as long as they taste good :) I do like the idea of the 2 apples,4 carrots,4 stalks celery to get me through the day and i found the morning sunrise drink pretty good.

My other concern, which i mentioned earlier, was the amount i was drinking. I think i was down to 4 drinks a day (2 litres) and was worried it was not enough to sustain a healthy intake. Let me know otherwise.

Regards
Rob

andy4879
on: October 18, 2013, 14:56

hey rob,

what i have learned through this is that if you want it badly enough, if you believe in god ask for the will power because i had none except for my little stint on weight watchers but i asked and he answered me back with all the will power i could have.

also,
when you do it for a week, you can't just go back to eating junk food or you will get sick! that kept me going and the more i did it, the further away i got from being able to just get off of the wagon.

if you don't want to do a juice fast, just do some juicing and eat fruits and vegetables. i am still on my crazy long juice fast because i am hard-headed and want all the fat gone but i need to start eating fruits and vegetables.

i will be going to florida this christmas and i will be carrying the apple,carrot,celery drink with me while driving because i can't stand the mean green while i am out. it does not taste good to me after several house of being juiced.

i only get 3-4 juices a day in me and i juice when i am hungry. there is no right or wrong amount but you need to have at least 3-4 small juices or more if you can tolerate it to keep your metabolism going which will help you lose weight. i tried cheating and only drank 2 juices and i gained weight because my body was not letting anything go because it was hungry. if you can do 4 drinks, that is great and do a variety so you don't get burned out. you will still lose weight if you have a variety but just remember that the more fruits you have, the more natural sugar you intake, which means less weight will come off but it is ALL better than what you were eating before!

don't think of this as a weight loss program because the weight loss is a side-effect of juicing. the reason to juice is to detox your body and retrain your taste buds to like fruits and vegetables and not the junk food you ate before.

i made my wife dinner last night which consisted of grilling sausage,sauerkraut,and a salad that i made for her and out of everything, i wanted the salad. the sausage was dripping fat but the salad looked healthy,vibrant,colorful, and tasty to me so you will change what you like after doing it a long time if you like.

remember i said that this juicing was making my anxiety better and no amount of money can pay for that so i know i can't eat fried foods,sweets,breads,processed foods or i will lose this feeling and i am already on medicine so this extra high i am feeling is worth eating fruits and vegetables and lean proteins and healthy fats for the rest of my life. you will also feel better because people have said that they eat less portions after a juice fast so you won't feel tired,bloated,and sick after eating a whole pizza or 2 burgers like i used to do and then wanting to go to sleep.

keep in touch as i know i ramble on but just do what you feel like doing and don't force yourself into anything. you are not a failure because juicing has got to be the hardest thing to do.

take care my friend down under,
andy

Gary
Juice Expert
Gary
on: October 19, 2013, 08:53

Great words Andy.
Gary.

andy4879
on: October 19, 2013, 21:27

thank you sir!

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
on: October 21, 2013, 02:10

Well g'day all and here we go again.

After reading some wise words on here have decided to give it hard earned try and make it work for a little longer than the last time.

Just working through the first day and prepared my breakfast fresh and juices over the day (not including dinner) in the morning sealed and ready to go. Overall i think i think i will be taking in about 2 litres of juices with anything between 2-4 litres of water. Is this going to be healthy amount to intake?

Next step is to incorporate the early morning warm water with lemon in the morning and i think i read it should be fine to take some herbal tea at night.

Well, that is the plan and i will not be measuring on a daily basis, as the reason i am doing this is to get into a healthier regime and the weight loss is merely a side effect.

Let the good times roll.

Regards
Rob

andy4879
on: October 21, 2013, 16:06

rob,

you keep asking about intake amounts and i told you above that you need to juice when you are hungry(or need nutrients) and to do it about 3-4 times a day. there is no less or more amount that is the perfect science. juice however much you want to keep yourself full and don't drink so much water you gain water weight. you need to get 6-8 8 ounce glasses of water in a day. i don't that because now it is cold here and if i did that, i would gain weight. when i drum, i drink a lot but there is no right or wrong amount. just juice when your body tells you to and drink water after every juice and you will be fine!

take care,
andy

MichelleSteel-
e
Juicer
on: July 15, 2016, 07:35

Quote from sputnick on September 29, 2013, 13:32
Hey Rob my name is Nick I too just watched the famous Fat Sick and Nearly dead movie and it also opened my eyes! I am 38 years old and I have already started my juicing journey I am waking up on day 5 its been a tough go I won't lie... Some days I feel like chucking in the towel... But I haven't yet!!

I have very similar goals to what you have... I like the way you will document everything.. I haven't weighed myself since 5 days I will weigh myself later today... I have almost the exact goal weights as you!

Ok Rob I look forward to hear how you do.. Good luck and hurry up and join me ! Lol

Cheers

Nick

That's sounds amazing. I really don't have any idea about losing weight being on juice diet but yes my cousin lost about 24 ponds in a month. She had a simple routine of regularly exercise for about 45 mins a day, eating boiled food and sprouts. She also added nuez de la india original dietary supplement which helped her reducing weight easily without any side effects and also boost up her metabolism.

mantishugo
Juice Expert
on: July 23, 2016, 05:43

I have introduced a little physical activity in my healthy lifestyle. Besides taking a glass of juice in the morning and in the evening, I have started walking for 3 kms every day. I walk 1 km in the morning after having green tea and then at evening I walk after consuming a glass of pure acai berry juice. I have seen reduction in my weight in three days. I lost 1.5 kg in 3 days.

juicermoz
Juice Professional
on: August 3, 2017, 06:00

Juice is a beverage made from the extraction or pressing out of the natural liquid contained in fruit and vegetables. It can also refer to liquids that are flavored with these or other biological food sources such as meat and seafood.

Pages: 1 2

Tags: , , , ,