twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2
Author Topic: The Juicing Journey.

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
The Juicing Journey.
on: September 29, 2013, 11:35

It is the night before i start out on a minimum 14 day juice program, with view to extended if all goes well. My first goal weight is 220lbs (100kg) with the ultimate goal to get down to 190lbs (87kgs). Achieving even the first weight should have me feeling a lot better and push me onto the final destination.

I plan to document the whole journey so that others can compare, comment and give any and all feedback, as it it most welcome.

I will try to give as much details as possible so others can see what i have put in.

Day #

Starting weight #
Current weight #

Daily loss #
Total loss #

Juices used #

Comments #

Wish me luck and will update with starting weight when i jump on the scales tomorrow morning. Feel free to join along and happy to share the experience and help push each other along the way.

Regards
Rob

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
Re: The Juicing Journey.
on: September 29, 2013, 13:32

Hey Rob my name is Nick I too just watched the famous Fat Sick and Nearly dead movie and it also opened my eyes! I am 38 years old and I have already started my juicing journey I am waking up on day 5 its been a tough go I won't lie... Some days I feel like chucking in the towel... But I haven't yet!!

I have very similar goals to what you have... I like the way you will document everything.. I haven't weighed myself since 5 days I will weigh myself later today... I have almost the exact goal weights as you!

Ok Rob I look forward to hear how you do.. Good luck and hurry up and join me ! Lol

Cheers

Nick

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: September 29, 2013, 14:20

Hey Rob!! I just got off the sales!! I am down 17 pounds!! Wow crazy eh!!

Ok that should be enough to keep us both motivated!! I am sipping on my hot lemon and ginger for my morning drink!

Keep me posted!

I am wearing a shirt I haven't worn for many years!! I wil keep going!!

Cheers

Nick

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
on: September 29, 2013, 21:21

Awesome work mate. I also look forward to fitting into the "old" favorite shirts again.

The lemon drink first thing this morning was tough to be honest but i did read someone saying that you could try honey instead ? Anyone else confirm that may be true....I hope so
:)

Anyways, up early and have prepared my morning juice as well as 2 juices while i am at work. Bought myself a brand new travel mug for those days where i might be pressed for time in the morning and using one of those soda stream bottles to store my drink for the day (holds 1ltr) until i get home. I figure 3 drinks over 9 hours should be good, one when i get home, one for dinner and then one for the night which will give me 6 in total.

What time are people taking their last juice at night? Have heard that you should not be eating (juicing?) anything just before bed. I hear a lot of things
😀

Anyways, will log everything in tonight and see how we go.

Regards
Rob

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 29, 2013, 23:24

Rob, stay away from adding honey into your juices. It will just slow down your weight loss. Just think that anything with sugar will slow down your weight loss. Less sugar is better on the juice fast. You can have a juice as late as you want really. I try to have my last juice 1-3 hours before I go to bed. Sometimes the juice will give you a lot of energy making it hard to sleep. You'll get used to the juices and how they effect you.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: September 29, 2013, 23:28

Hey Rob! Good luck man!! I am anxious to hear how your day goes... I was telling others that day 4 was the hardest day for me but today I am great!! Ok keep us posted wish you best of luck!

Talk soon Mate!

Nick

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
on: September 30, 2013, 08:42

Day #1

Starting weight: 277lbs
Current weight:

Daily loss:
Total loss:

Juices used:

1x Carrot/Apple/Lemon, 2x Mean Greens, 1x Un-Beet-able, 1x Purple Passion

Comments:

Well, this has been a tough day. To drink just juice is quite the challenge and a lot harder than i thought it would be. I am a fairly focused person when it comes to these sort of things, but this will test me for sure. I would also say that i have broken my water intake record with about 4 litres today. Many stops to the toilet over the course of the day.

I will be using a mix of recipes from both JOJ and Reboot whilst adding more as i get comfortable with mixing them up.

Weigh-in will be tomorrow morning so i can compare weights at the same time of day. I am not going to be disheartened by any little to no weight loss as i progress but to make sure that i stick to it 100%

At the same time i will also be checking my sugar levels and post them for those that might be interested. Currently i avg about 7.6 - 9 which is the Australian measurement if anyone wants to convert.

Until the next time.

Rob

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: September 30, 2013, 14:44

Hey Rob! Keep it up! I am on day 6 now and to be honest I feel great!! Day 4 was the hardest for me.. I never thought I could get to day 7 and tomorrow is day 7 and I know I can do this and I might even keep going!! Wow crazy eh! I have meet some really nice people on here.. and if it wasn't for this site I don't know how I could of done it!

Anyway I still have a long way to go with my weight but hang in there buddy! This has been an amazing journey for me..

Talk soon keep me posted!

Nick

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
on: September 30, 2013, 21:20

Had to check the scales a couple times as i thought that it was quite a drop, but it is right.

Also rapped that the sugar count was where it is at, as usually hovers around high 7s.

Current weight: 272lbs

Daily loss: 5lbs
Total loss: 5lbs

Sugar read: 6.3

Will update in the mornings now as i can put all the information in.

Keep it up Nick. Hopefully it is stories like these that will encourage people to "fight" through it and give it a real go.

Until the next time.

Rob

andy4879
on: October 1, 2013, 16:33

great rob,

keep it up and donnie is right about the sugar. i started gaining weight because of too much fruit instead of the 80/20 ratio so be careful with that. take care,andy

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
on: October 1, 2013, 21:18

Day #2

Starting weight: 277 lbs
Current weight: 267.5 lbs

Daily loss: 4.5 lbs
Total loss: 9.5 lbs

Sugar read: 6.6

Juices used: 1x Carrot/Apple/Lemon, 3x Mean Greens, 1x Purple Passion

Comments: Loved the loss but sitting down at lunch with a juice and smelling all the other lunches was a little too much :) Feeling a little tired late in the day but that picked up after the Purple Passion (i gather a little sugar rush). Headaches aren't too pronounced but from what i have read, days 3-4 are the toughest grind.

Thanks for the heads up JOJ and andy about using too much sugar having a reverse affect. Still working on putting together some different recipes and hopefully have an answer in another thread about whether warming up some of the juices as a soup is OK.

Thanks for the support Nick, as i am looking forward to hitting days 5+ when it gets a little easier. Really want to stick it out for 30 days but will see how i am traveling after day 7.

Until the next time.

Rob

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
on: October 2, 2013, 21:40

Day #3

Current weight: 265 lbs

Daily loss: 2.5 lbs
Total loss: 12 lbs

Juices used: 1x Jolt Juice, 2x Mean Green mix, 1x Tomato/Carrot juice

Comments: Tough day at the office. It was a real grind to get through today and i struggled with the afternoon meal to be honest. I thought i would mix it up a bit to make it a little different (extra celery, carrot) but it just ended up tasting fairly ordinary to be honest. We had some trees fall over from some heavy winds and i think i burned myself out on cutting them up that i was in bed by about 8:30pm.
Another drop and have almost crept under the 120kg mark which i havent been for many, many years.

Feeling a little bit better for the start of day 4 and after checking my sugar levels i am very happy where it is sitting. My next doctors appointment should be interesting.

I have also set the Skype up so feel free to add yourself (kolonel71).

Until the next time.

Rob

andy4879
on: October 2, 2013, 21:56

congrats rob,

once day 3 is over, it is a breeze!

let me know if i can help.

andy

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: October 3, 2013, 01:42

Way to go Rob!! You are doing amazing!! Keep juicing buddy!!

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
on: October 3, 2013, 07:59

Hit a bit of a wall.

Have lost my appetite overall and don't really look forward to having to drink another juice tonight.

Have had 4 juices over the course of the day and struggling at the moment to consider another one. Tried the Tomato/Carrot juice as a soup last night and it didn't quite cut it. It's not that i want to go off and binge on some junk food but really not looking forward to getting into a juice.

My fear is that i am not taking in enough daily and body going into starvation mode (read that somewhere, could be wrong). I was really traveling well after my breakfast juice this morning and laboured with 3 juices during the day.

At a bit of a crossroad but not succumbing either.

andy4879
on: October 3, 2013, 15:20

rob,

as long as you are getting 3 juices in, you are not in starvation mode. you are just still in the first phase of your journey and it can be up and down. if you can't drink any juice, drink plenty of vitamin water(5 calories each) and have some alka-seltzer. i felt the same way after a couple of weeks and i just had 1 juice one day but i had decaffeinated tea to make me feel better. try some soothing teas and warm lemon water. you WILL get pass this! i promise. it is part of the detox process.

drug addicts go through similar but of course far worse symptoms. your body is fighting you because you are not giving it junk food and it wants that instead of green juice. keep your will power strong and KNOW that this will pass SOON!

if you need to private message me, go ahead. i am at my computer mostly all day and night. just relax and don't force yourself to drink juice if you don't feel like it. it took me a couple of days to get back to it but you will not go into starvation mode as long as you get some a lot of water,tea,and if you have to, have a piece of peppermint which will settle your stomach.

i am here for you buddy,
andy

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
on: October 3, 2013, 22:17

Day #3

Current weight: 262 lbs

Daily loss: 3 lbs
Total loss: 15 lbs

Juices used: 1x Jolt Juice, 2x Mean Green mix, ?????

Comments: Well, i will admit i caved a little and ended up making a garden salad for dinner last night as i was really struggling with my energy and i suppose, a little will power. Looks like back to the drawing board as i imagine the goal is to only intake juices.

Back on it this morning but i feel i may have undone all the hard work?

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: October 3, 2013, 22:43

Hi Rob, just pick up right where you left off! A few days into my juice fast I developed a Urinary Tract Infection and had to take anti-biotics. They made me really sick to my stomach, so I had to eat a couple of crackers with each pill to keep from throwing up. I continued to juice the entire time, and after I was done with the medication I stopped eating the crackers. After 28 days I had lost 25 lbs and my husband lost 35 lbs. In September we continued juicing, but we weren't fasting. We just started fasting again in October, and I've already lost 7 lbs.
You are doing great! Remember that this is a journey that you're on and you're making an investment in your health and your future. This is a great time to learn the difference between cravings and true hunger. It hasn't been easy, but I know it's worth it....keep up the good work and don't quit now!!

andy4879
on: October 4, 2013, 00:33

rob,

look at my recipe for an energy juice and like pattirob said, this is a journey and things will happen like getting sick and other problems so don't feel that threw away your time. you are still on the journey and look, all you had was a salad! that is so much better than you were probably eating before. you could have had a burger or pizza but didn't so you ate the best thing you could and that is a great accomplishment in itself!

don't beat yourself up. you are doing more than most people out there won't do and quit doing so keep on brother!

sincerely,
andy

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
on: October 4, 2013, 03:58

Thanks for the support !!

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: October 4, 2013, 11:37

Keep going Rob!! You are doing great... Just pick up where you left off... I know you can do it! Let me know how today was for you...

Cheers

Nick

andy4879
on: October 4, 2013, 14:26

no problem rob,

i am here when you need me!

andy

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
on: October 4, 2013, 22:47

Day #4

Current weight: 261 lbs

Daily loss: 1 lbs
Total loss: 16 lbs

Sugar read: 3.9

Juices used: 1x Jolt Juice, 2x Mean Green mix, 1x Garden salad

Comments: Really struggled to take juice in all day so had another garden salad for dinner again. This is definitely a test working through all of this. Would love to be able to say that i have been taking juice all day but after those first 3 days it was an immense struggle.

Drinking plenty of water which i think is making a difference where in the past i would have 3-4 coffees, 1-2 cappuccinos and up to 1 litre of diet soda. My blood sugar has dropped immensely and will need to keep an eye on that.

Weekend is here and have a bbq at the parents. Have worded them up not to lay it on strong and figure i will have my juices around this. Not sure what sort of affect having a solid meal will do but will make sure i limit the size and portions of what i eat. Hopefully doesn't make to much of a difference.

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words and support.

Until the next time.

Rob

andy4879
on: October 5, 2013, 03:45

read this rob before you eat any bbq:

http://www.justonjuice.com/how-to-eat-after-a-fast/

you are doing great! keep the faith and just know that you already lost 16 pounds in a few days! no other diet plan can do it and this diet plan is healthy!

take care,
andy

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: October 6, 2013, 13:19

Hey Rob how is it going? Day 12 for me I am trying for 14... Then will introduce small healthy meals..

Keep me posted how did the BBQ go?

Talk soon

Nick

Pages: 1 2

Tags: , , , ,