twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: starting juice fast tomorrow 10 april 2014

chrisgr
Juicer
starting juice fast tomorrow 10 april 2014
on: April 9, 2014, 12:36

hi
i start tomorrow my first juice fast and i plan to keep it for 15 days or maximum 25,15-25 days.
i am 1.80 cm and i weight 86 kilos/189 pounds
i already lost 4 kilos in one month of dieting so i dont expect to lost crazy ammounts the first week as others do.
i want to lose about 7-8 kilos/17 pounds,i dont really care about losing weight that much as i do to lose fat,thats my main goal,to lose fat.
i know that the first few days might be a lil hard so if anyone starting a fast let me know.

Halley
Juicer
Re: starting juice fast tomorrow 10 april 2014
on: April 10, 2014, 21:03

I started today - so far so good - how's it going for you?

chrisgr
Juicer
on: April 11, 2014, 07:25

good luck halley!

things going great for me so far

yday i drank 5 juices 16oz and almost the same water after every juice

didnt felt hungry,tired,or pain at all

i weighed today,
from 85.7 i am 85.3 kilos
and from 27.0 i am 26.8 fat

i tried the warm water with lemon this morning and it was nice,it gives the feeling that u drinking tea or something :)

so how things going for u and what your goals are?

Halley
Juicer
on: April 11, 2014, 11:26

Chris -
Good luck to you too!

I managed 5 juices yesterday and a fair amount of water. I too tried the lemon water this morning instead of coffee - this is hard for me but I am trying not to cave on that one - I really love my morning coffee. I'm doing Joe Cross' 3 day cleanse so I was able to have edamame for dinner - I wasn't hungry all day, I had a mild headache but that may have been from allergies but otherwise felt pretty good.

I weighed this morning- am down a pound which is about 1.1 kilos.

I have about 40-50 pounds to lose to be where I feel fit and healthy. I also have to get back to exercising as this always helps me both physically and mentally. I am in a bit of a transition right now - I lost both my parent within 2 months about 2 months ago so my life has basically been turned upside down. I am trying to make positive changes and really work on myself for now and juicing is part of that plan. So being more healthy mentally and physically are my goals.

For me the key is always cutting out the junk and really taking the time to plan healthy meals - once you get in the swing of it it becomes more of a habit and then it is easier. I actually don't miss the junk - I am so tired of eating bad things and just feeling badly. So that's a little about me - tell me more about you!
H

chrisgr
Juicer
on: April 12, 2014, 05:30

hi halley

sorry about your loss,i think after what happent to you,the strength you have and the goals you set are amazing.

i have a headache now so i will tell my story in the next msg(3rd day sucks)

review of day 2
second day was very good,i drank 4 juices,had some cravings for food but it wasnt strong at all,some headache come and go but it was very light.

i weigh today and i was a bit stunned

from 85.3 yday i am now at 84.6
and from 26.8 i am at 26.4% fat

thats 1.1 kilos/2.4 pounds in 2 days wow!!

how was your 2 day ?

Halley
Juicer
on: April 12, 2014, 11:27

hey chris-

day 2 sucked for me - had headaches and was starving by the evening - fell off the wagon a little but still lost weight. Down another 0.4 pounds so doubt I did too much damage. I'm back on the train again and am currently having lemon water and then will take my juice when I go to my son's soccer game. I took a long walk yesterday with my dogs which was the first exercise I have done in awhile - I used to be completely shredded at 17% body fat and very fit but that all fell apart. Since my parents have died I have been having some problems with motivation (which is to be expected) so I am trying to be patient with myself and take things step by step.

Great job on the weight loss - keep it up! Very proud of you!

Today should be active so I will have less time to worry about not eating - don't really miss the junk - my body really wants better things - the issue is between the mind and the body! I also have to fight the urge to fill the hole of my loss with food which will not work because that is a hole that cannot be filled by anything.

I'm off to get ready for soccer - check in with you later! H

chrisgr
Juicer
on: April 13, 2014, 07:15

hi halley

3rd day suck so much!

all day long i had headache,i had a cold too so that made things a lot worst!

i had serius thoughts of stoping the fast but i didnt (i still have some :) )

at the end of the day i had some burst of energy but it wasnt for long

scale didnt change much either

from 84.6 yday now i am at 84.4 kilos

and from 26.4 i am now at 26.2 fat

how was yours 3rd day?

Halley
Juicer
on: April 13, 2014, 10:58

3rd day was hard - had a headache too. I think I have learned some things - I am not a "fast" person - I can incorporate juicing into my life to replace some meals and to add additional nutrients to my diet but my plan from here forward is to work on moderation in my diet and balance that with exercise. It was good to experience this but I don't think it works for me. I will stay here to support you and see how it is going but for now my "fast" comes to an end. H

chrisgr
Juicer
on: April 14, 2014, 07:18

hi halley

i think you did the right thing,listening to your self and your body is very importand in life,if you dont feel like doing it the dont do it.
i believe you will find another way to lose the extra weight.
few days before starting the fast i was 67.8 kilos,i had replace afternoon and night meals with juice,i lost that way in 5 days 1 kilo,so i think is absolutely possible to lose weight like
that.

4 day review :)

4 day was so much better then 3rd day,i havent had any pain,just some itching in the legs that come and go for an hour.

in the afternoon i had some food cravings.

after the afternoon i felt more clear emotionaly and mentally

generally i was in very good mood almost all day long.

now the weigh in
from 84.4 yday i am now at 83.9 kilos
and from 26.2 i am now at 25.8 fat

the results so far in 4 days 1.8 kilos/3.96 pounds and 1.2% fat

chrisgr
Juicer
on: April 15, 2014, 12:05

5 day review

5 day was very very good,i didnt had any pain or headache,only a few food cravings and mabe i felt a little discomfort for a lil while

i think the hard part of the juice fast is now over,i wait the energy burst that other describe,but i think it will come after the first week.

weigh in

from 83.9 i am now at 83.6 kilos
from 25.8% i am now at 25.6% fat

total loss 2.1 kilos in 5 days
total fat loss 1.4%

Breezed
Juicer
on: April 16, 2014, 13:02

Hi chrisgr. I started my fast yesterday 14th. I made a new topic for myself so feel free to follow along. I am glad to see your progress and well you are doing. How are you measuring your fat percentage loss? I am doing this to lose some weight and more importantly be healthier. I didn't set an end date for myself because I want to see where and how far this journey will take me. It may be 5 days, maybe 5 weeks. :) Best wishes.

chrisgr
Juicer
on: April 16, 2014, 14:18

hi breezed and good luck with your juice fast

happy to know that someone read and understand my english lol

at the moment i measure my fat loss with an electronic scale which is horribly inaccurate as one site decribe lol so few days ago i ordered something called accu-measure fitness 3000,and it supposed to be super precise and cheap too but i will have it next week.i payed a year long membership last week to the gym so i will need it anyway after my fast is over

i enjoy and get motivated by reading other people stories too,i have already read almost everything at justonjuice and now i start to listen stories at youtube as well.
i type juice fast day (7..) and i listen to ppl that they are in the same day i am,mabe that will help u too.i am in day 7 and this is what i will do later today.

i have a friend that started the fast 1 day after me,she didnt had any headache or pain and she is in day 6,weird i know but proves that nobody have the same symptoms with the others.i hope your bad ones pass as fast as possible.after day 5 you will be so much better.believe dat.

one of the things that motivate me to continue when i had thoughts of stoping was the goal i had set before i start the juice fast to do at least 14 days,which then became at least 7 lol but anyway all that helped me to overcome thoughts of stoping earlier.

one advice that help a lot whatever you try to do in life is listen motivational video at youtube.pain is temporary,glory is foverer type things u know lol i dont know why but they help me a lot mentally and emotionaly when i am scared and i think i will not make it etc
i listen to that one this days :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgmVOuLgFB0

hope that helps and good luck again!

Breezed
Juicer
on: April 17, 2014, 17:54

Your english is fine. Thanks for the measurement info. I'd be curious to get one of my own and see how it reads.

Thanks for all of the support and suggestions. I will certainly do whatever it takes to stay motivated. Keep up the good work. One question, do you prepare all of your veg/fruit ahead of time? I've been prepping my food each night for the next day but I was wondering if it would be ok to prep everything for 2-3 days in advance or if that loses nutriets, etc.

chrisgr
Juicer
on: April 17, 2014, 19:03

hi breezed

we smoked almost the same lol,i smoked 40 cigs per day for 17 years and i quit 1.5 year ago.quit smoking rules!! :)

i prepare everything the time i want to drink it so i have no idea if it loses nutrients when stored sorry.

chrisgr
Juicer
on: April 17, 2014, 19:04

day 6 7 review

day 6 i didnt write a review cause i didnt lost any weight,generally it was better then day 5,but i felt some impatience at the afternoon.

day 7 was really bad,i had diarrhea 3 times and i was feeling bad so i thought something is wrong and decided to quit.

my friend that we start together have no bad symptoms yet so she continue her juice fast,as i said before i realise nobody have the exact same symptoms as others.

weight in

from 83.6 i am at 82.7
and from 25.6 i am at 25.2

i started april 10 at 85.7 kilos and 27.0% fat

so i have lost in 7 days 3 kilos/6.6 pounds and 1.8% fat which is amazing !

i will certainly continue juicing once per day and i will do again a juice fast for detox.i didnt had the time to feel the good effects of this diet only the bad ones,thats a lil sad.but detox and weight loss have happent so thats the good part.

hope my review helps.good luck to anyone starting a juice fast.

chrisgr
Juicer
on: April 20, 2014, 06:52

hi,i have to write at least one more post because an amazing thing happent this days after the fast.the truth is that i was a little concern about gain weight after the fast,many ppl seems to believe that(especially dieticians) so i was thinking about it.in the 3 days i have quit my juice fast i have lost a total of 1.3 kilos/2.8 pounds and 0.7% fat

my weight from the day i stoped fasting and the weight i have now is
from 82.7 kilos i am now at 81.4 kilos
and from 25.2% fat i am now at 24.5%

i will write now what i have been eating this 3 days.my meals is almost every 3 hours.i know they look like kids food but after 7 days fasting my stomach closed and i feel full much faster now.

day 1
apple
juice
apple
juice

day 2
apple
banana
white rice soup
white rice soup
apple

day 3
apple
salad lettuce
white rice soup
banana

today day 4 in my lunch i will have some protein,probably chicken fillet with salad

note that by eating this my stomach never complained.it is importand to end the juice fast properly.

i will write again in few days to see how my weight change with my full diet.

Breezed
Juicer
on: April 20, 2014, 17:38

Wow, you are doing great transitioning. The diarrhea is normal for some people. I haven't experienced it myself. So Saturday April 19 was back to Day 1, starting over since being sick. I continued to juice through the day but ate food Friday night. Anwyay, today is Day 2 and going great. I've dumped most of the recipes from this site and went to the Joe Cross website where there are SO many great recipes to choose from. You should visit that site if you haven't already. It's great. Not that this one is bad. I like both.

chrisgr
Juicer
on: April 21, 2014, 15:35

hi breezed

how many days will you juice fast?

yea i have all the top rated recipes from joe cross website,i almost do the 15 day guided reboot,but since a friend of mine came and we did the fast together i didnt.

she quit her fast too,she did 10 days and she lost 7.7 kilos/17 pounds.

juice fast is amazing at loosing weight thats my conclusion + you detox which we all need it with all the crap they feed us! :)

i did stop when my body told me to stop,i think if someone listen to his body he will have no problem do this fast for few days.

Coco
Juicer
on: April 22, 2014, 20:38

Hi to all you fellow juicers.

I am a scottish lass in Germany, just found out about the juice fast. Went shopping (kitchen looks like a green house) bought a juicer and am ready to get stuck into it tomorrow, together with my daughter. 😀 Do not know of anyone that has ever tried this, but I am up for a challange.

Breezed
Juicer
on: April 23, 2014, 17:56

chrisgr, I am now on Day 5 and doing great. I haven't set a number of days. I'm going day by day.

Coco - good luck. I hope you succeed.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,