twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2
Author Topic: Starting Fast February 1 - Join me?

eb7228
Juicer
Starting Fast February 1 - Join me?
on: January 29, 2014, 01:38

Hi All,

Recently found this forum and think it's great. I was going to start my fast last Sunday but wasn't properly prepared. Will be starting on February 1st and would love to have a group to share the experience. Right now I plan on doing 30 days but may go longer depending on how I feel. I'm hoping to lose weight and to regain energy. I'm always really exhausted even when I don't do much but all my vital stats say I'm in perfect health.

Anyway, hope some of you will join me. Hope to hear from you.

chaz143
Juicer
Re: Starting Fast February 1 - Join me?
on: January 29, 2014, 07:43

Hi Guys,

Have you got room for a 43 year old English man?

Currently starting day 25, start weight 345 Ib, weight as of last Sunday 312 Ibs and next weigh in this Saturday :) Good luck to everyone on their journeys :)

Regards Chaz

eb7228
Juicer
on: January 29, 2014, 12:49

Hi Chaz,

Welcome. It's amazing what you've already accomplished. Congratulations! Glad to have you. How long are you planning to go?

Elizabeth

chaz143
Juicer
on: January 29, 2014, 18:47

Hi Elizabeth,

February 1st I will be starting day 28 and I intend on doing 60 so I will be able to share the experience right the way through your 30 days :) I'm due to finish March 4th but I'm literally taking it week by week :)

Regards Chaz

eb7228
Juicer
on: January 30, 2014, 01:05

That's good to hear, I've fasted before. I found that being on the fast is easy but beginning is the tricky part for me. If I can get through the first 3 days, I'll be good to go. Any tips that you found useful, Chaz?

chaz143
Juicer
on: January 30, 2014, 07:49

Well you have already accepted the first 3 days of so will be hard as your body adjusts but you can do it :) I kinda struggled the first week but jumping on the scales and seeing them move down is the catalyst I needed :) I drank plenty of water, had earlier nights and what I also did/do is sip my drinks over an hour or two and I find that helps me get through :) I spread 5 dinks of 16oz throughout my day starting with my first at 7:45am, 10:45am, 1:45pm, 4:45pm and my last at 7:45 pm and that has now become habitual :) Elizabeth I feel for you, push through and remember what your goal is :) I'll catch up with you soon :)

Regards Chaz

thelmav89
Juicer
on: January 30, 2014, 22:16
[b][/b]Hello everyone,
My name is Thelma, I will begin day 1 of my juicing tomorrow 1/31/14. I teamed up with my co-worker Dulce for support! She is joining me on this lifestyle change. I am very nervous but at the same time very ready to begin. My goal is to loose weight during this juicing process as well as to make some healthy life style changes! Any advice for me ?

Dulce1229
Juicer
on: January 30, 2014, 22:17

Hi Guys,
I plan to juice for 14 days begining tomorrow Jan 31, any advise? This is my first time juicing im doing this as a motivation to myself. I want to loose weight and have energy to get myself back into the gym and focus on my body alot more for I have let myselg go.

eb7228
Juicer
on: January 31, 2014, 01:18

Hi Thelma and Dulce,

Looking forward to fasting with you. My last fast was for 12 days and it was pretty easy after the first few days. I lost 18lbs and people kept asking me what I was doing because my skin looked so great. I started having more energy and thinking more clearly as well. It was a fabulous experience. The only advice might be to make sure you have a variety of juice combinations that you like before you start and make sure you've read as much as you can about juicing and what to expect. Other than that, do whatever works best for you. Good luck tomorrow!

Elizabeth

chaz143
Juicer
on: January 31, 2014, 07:27

Morning Guys,

First of all good luck to both Thelma & Dulce, we will all be going through the same journey together and although we're not physically together, in spirit we will be :) Advice I would give is pretty much what Elizabeth has already advised just be strong stay focused and things will gradually fall into place :) I'm day 27 today and I'm enjoying the healthy changes my body is going through :)

Good Luck :)

Chaz

thelmav89
Juicer
on: January 31, 2014, 15:04

Good morning everyone! Thank you for the support Elizabeth & Chaz! I am very happy to hear that you guys have come this far :) It helps to keep myself motivated! I let myself go, gained about 50lbs & I am working at shedding it off! Let day 1 BEGIN 😀

chaz143
Juicer
on: January 31, 2014, 16:57

Hi Imav,

Good luck on your journey its gonna be a bumpy ride but you'll get there in the end :)

Chaz

eb7228
Juicer
on: February 1, 2014, 12:42

Hi everyone,

Just started my first day. I've decided to have lime water as my first drink every morning. It is supposed to be really good for you. It purifies the liver, helps with digestion, provides potassium, calcium and magnesium, helps elimination and has a general alkali zing effect. I plan to wait an hour then have my first juice.

Grapefruit, basil, cucumber and kale.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Would love to hear from you.

Have a great juicing day!

Elizabeth

ketflower
Juicer
ketflower
on: February 2, 2014, 04:42

Hello guys, I started 7 days juicing last Friday, jan 31st and today is my second day
Surprisingly I don't feel hungry at all!
I cannot drink more than a 4 drinks per day. It fills me up really good, in addition to that I drink lots of water and DeTox tea.
Also before going to sleep I treat myself with a half cup of light Almond milk.
Sooo... I have not lost any weight, I started with 107 on jan31st and today it remains the same.....

ketflower
Juicer
ketflower
on: February 2, 2014, 04:50

P.S.
I didn't stop my yoga workouts and still have a lot of energy after.

chaz143
Juicer
on: February 2, 2014, 09:25

Morning Gang,

Welcome ketflower and the best of luck on your journey, good luck Elizabeth I'm right with you all :)

Today for me was weigh in day. I have lost another 6 Ibs :)

Start weight 345 Ibs and today the start of day 28 I'm 306 Ibs :) a total loss up to now of 39 Ibs :) If any of you need motivation that should help :) Now I'm gonna crack for next week :)

Chaz

ketflower
Juicer
ketflower
on: February 2, 2014, 17:40

Wow! Congratulations Chaz!

ketflower
Juicer
ketflower
on: February 2, 2014, 17:43

My juicing nightmare! Literally )))
I had a dream last night that I was eating an orange ))))) it was frightening )))

eb7228
Juicer
on: February 2, 2014, 19:06

Chaz, you are so awesome. It's definitely a great motivator to hear something like that.

Hi, Ketflower. Welcome! 4 drinks a day sounds like a good amount. My limit is three and I feel full. Everyone is different. I like the idea of the almond milk at night. I actually found a recipe for cashew milk that I might try. I'll post the recipe if it's any good:) Also, don't worry about not losing after one day. Sometimes several days go by with nothing and then you lose what seems like a lot of weight in one day.

andrea87
Juicer
andrea87
on: February 3, 2014, 13:53

I'm so nervous...today is day 1 for me.

thelmav89
Juicer
on: February 3, 2014, 13:58

Good morning everyone, just to give everyone an update on my progess. I started juicing 1/31/14 & as of today 2/3/14 i've lost a total of 7 lbs! I was so shocked but also so proud of myself! Looking forward to weighing in Friday :)

welcome andrea :)

eb7228
Juicer
on: February 3, 2014, 15:59

Hi Andrea,

Welcome! Have you fasted before? I've found being on the fast to be a really pleasant experience. Everyone here would be happy to offer support, don't worry. You'll be fine.

Hi Thelma! Congrats on the weight loss. I thought it would be nice if we shared some of our favorite juice recipes. Have you tried any that you really enjoy?

Dulce1229
Juicer
on: February 3, 2014, 16:09

Good Morning Every one.
Welcome Andrea you can def. do this.
Thelma im so proud of you.
Elizabeth & Chaz How often do you weigh yourself?
Update on my progress:
Start 01/31/13 144.2
Today 02/03/2014 139.3
The First two days were the hardest especially with it being the weekend but im really looking forward to the end result. Elizabeth how soon did your skin start clearing out...Im exicited about that I have very oily acne prone skin?

I want to hear e

andrea87
Juicer
andrea87
on: February 3, 2014, 17:39

Eb7228 this is my first time ever trying this juicing thing. Thelma and dulce introduced the idea to me and now I'm doing it too. Today is my first day and it's been good, had a headache in the morning but it went away.... It's lunch time already and I refuse to go to the cafeteria bc I don't want to see food.
Thanks Thelma and dulce for the support.

ketflower
Juicer
ketflower
on: February 4, 2014, 03:16

Thank you for the support EB7228
Today is my 4th day of juice fast. I don't feel hungry or light headed. No headaches either.

Yesterday I had a lot of water , assume that's because I went to yoga earlier that day and sweat a lot.

So today I had only two drinks, plus detox tea. I noticed that farther I go less I drink. First day I had about 5 drinks, second day 4.
Third day 3 and today only two.

Interesting

Pages: 1 2

Tags: , , , ,