twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2
Author Topic: Starting a new 14 day fast 5th Aug

Amanda
Juicer
Amanda
Re: Starting a new 14 day fast 5th Aug
on: August 7, 2013, 15:58

Thank you so much! That will for sure help in trying to explain this to them.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 7, 2013, 19:47

Anytime Amanda! Good luck and don't let their negativity get to you. Stick to it and you'll not only prove them wrong, but they'll probably be asking for your help in their own fasts.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
on: August 7, 2013, 21:02

My day today. Got up at about 8.30, had warm lemon water and juiced what I had. In the mornings I tend to make a sweeter juice, using blueberries, or strawberries or some other sweet fruit as a base, then add some earthier veg to give it body and make sure I don't just overload on sugar. I washed this down with a pint of lemongrass and garlic infused water, lovely. I had time for a second juice before setting off from my in-laws for the 2.5hr drive home to Shropshire (A long way in the UK and takes lots of planning, especially with a 4yr old), in fact it was me that needed a toilet break half way. I have noticed that with all this extra water going in, obviously there is extra water coming out, but I remember from my original detox that was also the case and its another outlet for the toxins in the system. Being a nurse and being obsessed with bodily functions my bowels seem to be settling down, check out the Bristol stool chart, I have a mix of 4 & 7, and it is pretty rank to be honest, though after all the red meat I've been eating lately I'm not surprised...anyway I digress...

The drive was blissfully unneventful and as soon as I got home I got to the juicer and juiced what I had, the last of my spinach, celery, apples, cucumber and a few other bits. Then it was time for tea for everyone else and another juice for me.

After getting my daughter to bed I nipped off to the (not-so)Supermarket (nothing super, and nothing market for that matter!!) and loaded up with kale, spinach, cucumbers, beets, red cabbage, toms, basil, got home and made a righteous purple juice with red cabbage, beets, cucumber, garlic, ginger, pineapple, with a bit of cracked black pepper...Cor!

Loads of energy, feeling good :)

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
on: August 7, 2013, 21:09

@ Amanda, I didn't bother telling my in-laws about my fast ( they went on holiday while we stayed at their place). I'm not going to bother telling my neighbour either, he's a meat'n'two-veg and a beer man (which I am normally), and he's just rib me or think me weird. I'm happy doing this for me, my wife is tolerating it but won't join me, I wish she would, but she has her reasons

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 8, 2013, 03:35

Rob, when I started my fast I almost couldn't make it into work without having to pull over and find a restroom. But just think, every time you go, you're losing a little weight each time. Glad you got to the "not-so" supermarket to get your needed produce in time. I need to start adding pepper to my drinks. I love the taste of pepper but don't use it enough.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

JuicingNewb
Juicer
on: August 8, 2013, 19:09

Day 3 was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I am juicing for my detox and my husband like to drink them just to get his veggies in, so I ran out of supplies. I ended up walking down to this vegan/organic store down the street from my work and grabbed kale and cucumbers and my afternoon juice. Based on the ingredients on this bottle, I know that I don't like mustard or collard greens in my juices! I should have added pepper to it. Wednesdays are busy nights for my family (dance for my daughter and work for my son) so we tend to eat out for dinner. They went to dinner and I sat there again, sipping my water. I did take a sip of my daughter's broth to ensure 1) it wasn't too hot and 2) that it wasn't too salty. Let me just tell you that this soup that I normally love, tasted way to salty to me. It's interesting how your tastebuds adapt to the juices. After they finished, since I was getting hungry, we headed down the street to Whole Foods to grab another juice (apples, kale, cucumbers, parsley & wayyy to sweet in my opinion).

I'm glad to say that I was just going to stop after the third day, but I'm continuing today. I'm not missing the coffee and especially am not missing the tightness of my clothes. I am loving the energy I'm feeling and suprisingly, am loving the juices. I wonder why I didn't start this sooner.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 8, 2013, 23:29

It is interesting how your taste buds re-adjust to everything. I noticed everything was so salty after my fast. When I originally started I planned to go for only 3 days and was loving the results and how I felt so I ended up planning on 7 days. After 7 days I decided to go for another week. I really wish I would have discovered juicing much sooner. But it's better late than never when it comes to our health. Congrats on your success so far. Keep juicing and you'll really feel wonderful.

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 9, 2013, 01:00

I've had a few people look askance at me when i said the last time i ate solids was 10 days ago at breakfast but they can see my skin clearing up, my waistline shrink and when i explain how I had come to dread eating because it felt like i had gravel in my stomach, all the time, they have begun to see the point. I don't have the stamina that i did but I feel SO much healthier. I can also see how i was over eating-emptying the girls packed lunches after school was a classic moment of mindless calorie intake, didn't even think to add that to the daily calories. I'm hoping to continue fortnightly 3 day juice cleanses to keep reminding me of how clean and healthy feels so getting me down to my preferred weight and relaxing my obviously over taxed digestion regularly. Apart from hummus I am not missing anything, any chance i can juice chickpeas with garlic and lemon i wonder!?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 9, 2013, 15:18

Leomie, a 3 day cleanse every fortnight is a good way to keep cleansed. Some times you may even go longer. You're doing fantastic and congrats on 10 days! That's a real big accomplishment!

While I've never tried to juice chickpeas I don't see a problem with it. Give it a shot and let me know how it turns out.

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
on: August 9, 2013, 16:50

So, I'm on day 5 now, one thing I've noticed is the hit on the wallet, the amount of produce I'm getting through is phenomenal, to be honest I don't think I have the best juicer, sometimes the pulp is quite wet so I pass it through again. It seems every day I need to get something, whether its sweet juiceables such as berries, or the green veg, and cucumbers!! Wow I don't even like cucumber normally but I must be getting through about 3 a day!. I think I now have enough Kale, carrots to get through, will need some more berries, cucs obviously, apples, red cabbage, maybe some beets, celery. But it is all adding up!!

Yesterday the neighbours took our daughter for the day, and I actually got bored, but I got through it and had a long soak in the bath in the evening with a good book.

Today was quite a stressful day, we all got up at about 8.30-9.00 and decided to have a morning out then my wife could bake cakes in the afternoon for her shop on Sat (yes my wife has a cake shop http://www.mamapie.co.uk, she can make vegan, gluten-free and normal cakes. Sorry shouldn't advertise I know, especially cakes on detox fasting site...) and I would take littl'un out for the afternoon.

Well, we went to a local beauty site and big hill, just as we reached the top 20mins from the nearest anywhere our daughter tripped and skinned her elbow, cue lots of tears and a speedy piggy-back from me down the hill to the tea-shop where she was made better with wipes, a plaster and ice-lolly.

When we got home at about 1.30 I'd only had one juice and was certainly ready for another, just as I finished prepping it I checked my phone and had a message telling me my old friend, neighbour and surrogate-type grandfather of my youth had passed away. I know I'm a nurse and deal with this regularly, and I know he was in his late 80s and had suffered a long-time with cancer and it was his wish to have no intervention, but it still hit me like a train...

Anyway, my daughter still needs entertaining, and while my wife is at work tomorrow I have organised a day at the zoo for us both. I'm really going to have to get myself prepared, its about an hours drive, plus the day spent at the zoo, I have my thermos at the ready....

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
on: August 9, 2013, 16:53

@ Leomie what juicer do you have?? I wouldn't fancy juicing chickpeas in my centrifugal one, but if you have a masticating/cold press juicer it might just work, but hey!! You've only got a few days to go...

JuicingNewb
Juicer
on: August 9, 2013, 21:54

So... I just returned from the restroom for the umpteenth time today and when I looked in the mirror I noticed that I'm starting to break out on my face!! I'm 38 and even in my teen years, I never had acne issues. I hope that they do go away soon. I've read that this is normal, as my body is releasing toxins through my skin. Other than that and day 1, no major issues. I am glad to announce that while my husband isn't doing the full cleanse, I have managed to give him one for breakfast and one to take to work for lunch.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 9, 2013, 22:03

Rob, I'm sorry to hear of your friend. It's very unfortunate and you're right, it does hit like a train. I hope your daughter is all good to go, I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun at the zoo. I often take my boys to the zoo and let them pet the stingrays. They have a blast. Bring plenty of juice with you!

When I first started juicing I looked at it as expensive. But when I added up how much I was averaging per day to feed myself before the fast, I realized I was actually saving a good amount of money juicing as opposed to eating how I was.

JuicingNewb, sometimes that will happen as toxins make their way out. Unfortunately it's a good thing and it means your body is detoxing. Most toxins make their way out through urine but they can also come out through your skin. Congrats on getting your hubby to take a few juices! How does he like them?

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
on: August 11, 2013, 08:23

Well the big news is I broke my fast. Again it was a case of listening to my body. After spending the day at the zoo with my daughter I got home drained, despite taking juice and coconut water with me. Then my wife made a deliciously tempting prawn stir-fry. It was then I decided I was denying myself, with the prospect of three stressful night-shifts looming, so I gathered the ingredients I wanted in a juice and chopped them and made a broth with a little stock and spices, then roughly blended it and ate a small bowl.
Now in the morning I feel good, I've had a good sleep, my stomach is fine, and I'm looking forward to getting back to solid food gradually.
I don't know how much weight I've lost, that wasn't the modus operandi, but my belly is flatter, I feel brighter, now time will tell

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 11, 2013, 20:22

Congrats on your fast Rob. Getting back to solids can be shock to your body so it's best to plan it out. Most importantly, you don't want to fall back into old habits. Make sure you go over this article a few times as it explains about coming off your fast.

http://www.justonjuice.com/how-to-eat-after-a-fast/

Congrats Rob!

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
on: August 14, 2013, 10:58

Wow! Just finished those 3 night shifts I was dreading, and with good reason too! To be honest I don't think I could have completed them while fasting. Due to various factors beyond my control they have been among the most stressful night shifts I have done. Glad I listened to my body!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 14, 2013, 16:18

Good call Rob. It's best to juice with little to no stress. When you have a ton of stress your body knows it and adding juicing to the mix just makes it that much harder.

Pages: 1 2

Tags: , , , ,