twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2
Author Topic: Starting a new 14 day fast 5th Aug

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
Starting a new 14 day fast 5th Aug
on: July 22, 2013, 21:38

Hi all I'm planning a new fast, I have fasted before, but never done a 14day one before. I planning to lose about 5kg/10lb. The thing is I can't convince my wife to do it with me, even though she herself is dieting with Swimming World. So I'm going to go it alone and see how it goes... Rob

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Starting a new 14 day fast 5th Aug
on: July 23, 2013, 00:16

Welcome to JOJ Rob, and congrats on deciding to start your fast. I'm sure once she sees how well it works out for you, she'll jump ship and start juicing with you. I'm here if you have questions Rob.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
on: July 29, 2013, 17:01

OK, so I've got a week to go, my juicer is out I'm going to print off the shopping list and maybe try a couple of juices before hand, mix them up bit, add some chilli and garlic to some (I'm addicted to them)and see what I like. Anybody with me??

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 29, 2013, 17:07

I'm with you Rob! I'm planning the next group fast and it may fall during this time. I'll keep you posted.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

t0ph0id
Juicer
on: August 1, 2013, 12:24

I'm planning to start Sunday 4th or Mon 5th, so will join you for this. My aim is just for a cleanse/detox, any weight lost is a bonus, but it's not my primary goal.
I'll be going for 5 days as that's all my diary will allow. Still awaiting on my juicer, hopefully it will arrive before the end of the week! I usually exercise regularly but will give it a break for a week for the fast.

Excited to get started!

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: August 1, 2013, 16:44

Hi Robp, I'll be fasting with you. My husband and I started our juice fast on Tuesday the 30th. I've already lost 7 lbs. after just 2 days and am doing the happy dance! I did a 3 day fast without my husband a few weeks ago and it is a little more difficult, but it can be done. I'm surprised at how easy this one has been so far. Sometimes I open the fridge and look at the juice and think, "ugh". But once I've poured a glass, sat down and intentionally taken some time to drink it, I'm so satisfied and my hunger is gone. We'll be fasting for at least 60 days, probably more because of the amount of weight we each need to lose....and we really want to get our health back for ourselves and for our 7 grandchildren! I wish you the best!

Amanda
Juicer
Amanda
on: August 2, 2013, 02:37

Hey folks!! I'm starting my first ever juice fast with you on Monday! Super excited for it, but a bit nervous also. I've already been juicing a little bit over the last two months, I have one juice in the morning for breakfast and I love it! My only worry is when I bring juice to work for lunch, I've heard that mason jars work well. Would a metal water bottle work as well? Any suggestions would be amazing and I look forward to this journey with everyone!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 2, 2013, 03:39

Welcome to JOJ Amanda, congrats on deciding to start your first fast! Don't be nervous, be excited for what you're about to experience!

I used a air tight metal thermos when I was bringing my juices to work. They kept just fine. I'm looking forward to watching you all succeed on your fasts! Keep us updated and remember, I'm always here if you have questions.

agne
Juicer
on: August 2, 2013, 13:27

Hello my dear folks! I am really excided to start this journey with all of you too!I am starting from 4th of August. Honestly I have never tried anything like this before, so I am a little bit nervous. But, I am really positive about fast and I even decided to move near the sea for this period, just to focus on my goal of juicing! Hope to have good vacacions, cleaner body and mind!.One thing I know for sure, nobody will understand our emotional situation better than those who gonna do this. Good luck for all of US and I am looking forward to start!!

p.s. sorry for my possible english mistakes and greetings from the other part of the world!!! =]

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 3, 2013, 04:02

Welcome to JOJ Agne! Congrats and starting your fast on the 4th! Don't be nervous, be excited and get ready for some real positive change. I'm always here if you have questions. Keep us updated.

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 3, 2013, 08:55

I'm on the fast already this is day 5 and am excited for you, make sure you are cleaning up your diet in preparation and it will probably be easier. Apart from a low level headache for a couple of hours I've had no major problems but i'm already off gluten/dairy and not addicted to caffeine. The recipes are delicious even when i've had to swop out certain veg as they are out of season here. This is my first juicer and first fast and I love it! Wishing you luck and a gentle start!

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
on: August 3, 2013, 13:31

OK, thanks guys for your replies, they mean a lot, even if I can't see you it's nice to know there are others out there in the same boat.
The wedding is over, and the big party, now I have a couple of days at the in-laws (they're meat n two veg folk and wouldn't understand), but mentally I'm preparing myself for Monday. Here's to a great detox folks!!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 4, 2013, 05:21

Monday is right around the corner Rob! I wish you the best of luck. I'm always here if you have questions or just need some motivation.

Amanda
Juicer
Amanda
on: August 5, 2013, 02:28

Hey Donnie just a couple quick questions. I was making up all my juice for my big start tomorrow and I noticed a lot of foam at the top of my juice. I know that is pretty normal with a centrifuge juicer but I'm wondering how is that going to affect how long my juices will keep for. And should I be trying to pour off the foam before I seal my container up? Also I noticed the recipes on the fast plans call for a good amount of kale. I'm not the biggest fan of kale since it gives my juices to much of an earthy taste. Can I cut back or even fully cut out the kale and replace it with more spinach? Thank you!!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 5, 2013, 05:44

Amanda, I have a foam removal cup that removes the foam as I pour it into a glass but you can just scoop out the foam if you don't like it. You don't have to use Kale at all. Feel free to use only spinach if you like. They both have plenty of benefits and contain protein.

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
on: August 5, 2013, 09:17

Well I've started. Feeling pretty toxic right now, but thats to be expected after the weekend I've had. Anyway I had a Morning Glory, though I had to sub the kale/spinach with celery as what I had bought had gone over which is a big shame and waste, I'll just have to get some more. But it went down well and washed down with a pint of water as well. Off for a swim in a bit with my 4yr old

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 5, 2013, 17:25

That's great Rob! Make sure to get more spinach/kale as you'll need the protein. Enjoy your swim!

Amanda
Juicer
Amanda
on: August 6, 2013, 14:07

Its day two! How did everyone do yesterday? Honestly it was difficult, I had so many cravings mainly cheese which I found odd. It was hard getting up this am I was pretty tired but just finished my workout at the gym and I'm feeling pretty good. Haven't had really bad symptoms just a grumbling tummy and cravings! I played around with my juice recipes last night so I'm excited to see what they all last like today. Let me know how its going for all of you!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 6, 2013, 14:35

Amanda, it gets easier after the first few days. After a while you'll start to crave the juice. Let us know how your recipes turned out and what you did.

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
on: August 6, 2013, 17:29

Today has been a breeze really, compared to yesterday, and compared to other fasts I have done in the past. What I really like about this one is that you can have a wide variety of flavours, in fact its encouraged. So I'm just juicing what I have really. I love beets, and I love juicing chillis and garlic and ginger. I think I might try to invent a Thai influenced one, using chilli, garlic, ginger/galangal, lemongrass, tomatoes, cucumber, coriander leaf (cilantro), Thai Holy basil, and lime juice. Could be a cracker..
So I woke up at 8.00, feeling quite achy but as though I'd slept well, got up had lemon water, then a blueberry, grape influenced breakfast juice, In all of my juices today I've been adding spinach for its benefits. I had time for another power-packed juice before we went out for a family day rambling and playing in the Yorkshire countryside. It was hard stopping at the cafe where my wife and daughter had ham and cheese toasties and I had nothing (I know Amanda, cheese on toast was what I had yesterday when I was ill, see my Worst Prep Ever thread and you'll know what I mean!).

By the time we got home after a good 2.5 hr ramble and me driving I dived straight into the juicer, it was about 3pm, it did sort me out, I've also been following every juice with a pint of water, I have had a low-level headache, but its manageable.

Now at 6pm I've just had a tomato, celery, carrot influenced juice, and a mug of green tea, the headache is gone, wafts of pesto are coming from the kitchen, but its OK. I'll put our littl'un to bed and have another juice after that, that will give me 5pts of juice today. I am hoping energy levels will rise by the end of the week, in time for my 12hr night-shifts...I am dreading them!!!!

JuicingNewb
Juicer
on: August 7, 2013, 06:40

Rob I started my first ever fast on Monday. Started it on a whim so that means no prep. I had fried chicken for dinner the night before so that tells you how much I didn't prep for this. Day 1 wasn't too bad. Had 4 juices. Not too hungry during the day and no caffeine headaches. That surprised me quite a bit as I'm a 3 coffee day person. But around 9pm it all hit me. I began to feel nauseous and my head was pounding! I took one motrin and went to bed. This morning I woke up perfectly fine. Not hungry and headache was gone. I upped my juice intake to 5 today and I feel great.

JuicingNewb
Juicer
on: August 7, 2013, 06:52

My phone decided to send that last post before I finished... Anyway on day 1 I cooked dinner (my fave pasta dish) and did not give in. I was sipping on my juice ad I cooked. So that probably helped. Today my family and I went out for sushi. They ate while I sat and sipped on water. I had juice before we left the house. That has been the toughest part for me. I'm glad though that I have my family's support. My daughter helps me by putting my fruits and veggies out. And even puts them in the juicer. I hear day 3is the worst but if today is any indication of what's to come, I am looking forward to the next few days. I haven't decided on how many days to fast. Just playing it by ear. Day 3, here we come!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 7, 2013, 06:56

Rob, it sounds like you did really well today! Post some of your recipes, I'm always interested to see what other people come up with. I have access to a wide variety of produce so I can use pretty much anything. I love good Thai food but never thought to come up with a Thai inspired juice!

JuicingNewb, good call on deciding to take a motrin and go to bed. Sleep plays such an important part in weight loss but it's often overlooked. Glad you're doing great! Keep us posted.

Amanda
Juicer
Amanda
on: August 7, 2013, 13:33

Day two completed! Yesterday was so much better than the first. Since I messed with my juices a bit they tasted better for me. Work seems to help alot with this proccess since i'm so busy recently that I don't even notice that its already time to have another juice. Then when I realize it its super easy to just grab a glass and go. Also since I make all my juices at night I get to sleep in an extra half hour in the morning...double bonus!! I'm hoping today goes just as well as yesterday then its all down hill from here. JuicingNewb its so great that you have your family's support! I'm sure it makes it a whole lot easier. The one issue i'm having with all of this is the negative comments from coworkers and family members. They think this is a fad diet, i'm starving myself, or that this is super unhealthy. I've tried explaining that i'm getting about the same calories I did when I was dieting plus all the nutrients i'm getting from the fruits and veggies. And my personal trainer suggested I try this so it can't be all that bad. If anyone has some talking points for me that would be great!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 7, 2013, 15:42

Congrats on day 2 Amanda! It's great to keep yourself occupied during a fast. It helps to take your mind off things. Negative comments are going to happen. People get jealous and they don't understand. Also, since eating is a big social thing now, some people don't want to lose their eating partners and they get upset and become negative about it.

People that don't juice don't understand it. You have two choices, you can either ignore them or you can inform them. One way that I got people to stop with the comments was to simply ask them why do you think it's unhealthy, or why do think I'm starving myself? Then I explain to them the difference between hunger and cravings and how you get plenty of nutrition while on a fast. That usually puts an end to it.

Here are a few good talking points.

Hunger is how your body tells you it needs nutrients. You get plenty of nutrients from the juice and probably more so than with the foods you used to eat. So how are you starving yourself?

Tell them the health benefits of juicing and that it's not just about losing weight.

One thing that always made me laugh is when people would tell me "you're not eating any food". I'd usually come back and say food is nutrition and I'm getting plenty of nutrition from the juice.

You'll find that most people are uneducated when it comes to the topic. You just need to not let it get to you. Know that what you're doing is betting yourself, betting your health, and making a change in yourself that will last. I bet they won't be negative after they see how much weight you lose.

As I said, don't let them get to you. You're doing this for you and you don't have to explain yourself and your health to them if you don't want to. You're doing fantastic Amanda, and all that matters is you! Keep us posted on your status and know that I'm here for you.

Pages: 1 2

Tags: , , , ,