twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Started today, June 2nd

Spiff
Juicer
Started today, June 2nd
on: June 3, 2014, 01:05

So today I started my juice fast. Prepared myself by drinking nothing but water all day and then went grocery shopping. The first juice that I made was the Sunset Passion Juice. I had never juiced before in my life... let me just say I honestly didn't even know how to cut up vegetables properly before this. (I had to watch youtube videos, lol!) It took a surprisingly long time to cut everything up and then clean the juicer afterwards. I'm sure i'll get faster at it but it was a little bit of a pain compared to those nasty microwave-ready meals that I'm used to feeding my body. Plus the fast food.

The juice was RED. Like, really red and it didn't taste the best. I was able to stand it, but maybe I didn't do something right. It was, however, manageable, and I was able to get all of it down. I drank it with ice. I will probably start by juicing only 3 times a day because my mom is the one buying the fruits and vegetables and they were really expensive for her.

I'll continue to write my experiences and thoughts on here as the days go on! Happy juicing, everybody!

-Spiff

Spiff
Juicer
Re: Started today, June 2nd
on: June 3, 2014, 21:16

I slept unusually well last night. Everything seemed a little foggy and I felt sort of 'out of it' like I was drunk before I went to bed and I was giggling a lot for no reason. This morning I woke up and juiced again. I drank the 'jolt juice' and it was pretty good. It was way better than the Sunset Passion Juice I drank last night. (My mom tasted the sunset passion juice and said it tasted like rabbit food, but she liked the jolt juice). I weighed myself in the morning and I weighed the same as what I weighed yesterday. So no weight loss yet! For lunch I had the 'mean green' juice and that one was okay as well. Like someone else had posted, it is a 'lot' of juice to drink!!! It's two whole cups worth and it has been really hard for me to force myself to drink that second cup. It takes a lot of forcing it down, but I am able to do it.

Today my dad picked me up and took my family out to eat at Broadway Bar and Pizza and I had to sit there, drink water only, and not order anything. It was tough. And then, since it was my brother's birthday, I came home to brownies and cake sitting next to my juicer and everyone had brownies and oreo ice cream except for me!! Today has really been a test, but I am hanging in there!

Spiff
Juicer
on: June 4, 2014, 02:07

It was really hard for me to have motivation tonight to make that last juice... but I made it. It was the green machine juice. It tasted a little bit better than both the sunset passion and the mean green juice. I just can't believe how long it takes to make the juice and then clean the juicer. My family calls it a "full time job" and they make comments like "wow, that takes FOREVER". At least I am done for the night. I can't stop peeing! I really hope this gets easier. It was hard to watch my stepdad make homemade popcorn tonight and not be able to eat any :(

Spiff
Juicer
on: June 4, 2014, 20:25

Day 3. 4 pounds lost

Today is the third day and so far it has been pretty easy. I haven't had any cravings until I watched Cake Boss.. and then I craved cake. After cake boss, Honey Boo Boo came on and all of my motivation came back to me and hit me like a ton of bricks! lol. The juice that I had this morning was the Morning Glory juice. It was really good and very easy to drink all of it. The one I just had for lunch was the Bruschetta Tang juice. It didn't make very much juice... only half of what the other ones made so maybe I am doing something wrong. Anyways, it tasted like spaghetti sauce. Which was sort of nice for a change. I closed my eyes and pretended I was eating spaghetti!!

I've still been going to the bathroom normally but I had a little bit of diarreah last night. It cleared up this morning though, so that's good. Just so everyone knows, I am a 22 year old female who goes to college at home and still lives with her parents. Haha. I thought I would try this juice cleanse because I have to go back to school on Monday the 9th, so it was a good time to detox while I was on break so that I can be sick at home if I get sick at all - which I really haven't. Just the diarreah and some very small headaches that only last for a few minutes.

If I can, I am planning on juicing until a few days before the 4th of july. My whole family is getting a cabin in another state. Apparently it will be far away from a town and kind of in the middle of nowhere, so I plan to stop juicing right around then so I can eat normally with the family for my vacation. When I get home, I will probably start juicing again until my birthday, July 30th. Then it's off to meet my internet boyfriend on August 7th (which is why I wanted to start juicing in the first place. I want to look good when I go meet him. Wish me luck everyone!

Spiff
Juicer
on: June 5, 2014, 02:21

Still on day 3. I'm craving REALLY bad tonight. During the day was easy, but it's always after 5:00pm that gets me.. I even considered making a list of all of the food that I am going to eat after I am done fasting. I'm craving so bad it's unbelieveable. I also broke down crying a bit earlier for no reason and I am a roller coaster of emotions!

bredja
Juicer
bredja
on: June 5, 2014, 11:16

I'm no expert but As far as Ive read that is normal and expected part of detox. Poisons are being released from your tissues, making their way into the blood stream so for the first few days you are more toxic than before you started. And this also becomes a mental/ emotional detox as well. I never realized how much the foods I eat effect my emotions and brain as well. Hang on. Hang tight. Realize how sucky this is and guess what. When you make it through this and stay clean you will never have to go through it again. Peace.

Spiff
Juicer
on: June 5, 2014, 17:07

Thank you bredja! It's nice to hear from somebody. I'm glad to be getting rid of all of the yucky poisons in my body and I can't wait to be back to normal again. Eating really is an emotional thing... I'm so used to eating while I watch my favorite shows and now I even feel like I can't enjoy my shows as much because I can't eat while I watch them. Isn't that sick?! That's how bad it is. Thank you for the pep talk. It will definitely help me as I start my day today.

Day 4 today. 8 pounds lost so far.

I lost another 4 pounds, I realized, as I stepped on the scale this morning. I was shocked! I have never lost weight so fast in my life. Last night was very hard for me, but I pulled through it by watching inspirational youtube videos. Just have to take it a day at a time (and sometimes an hour or even a few minutes at a time, when it really gets tough) The juices have started to taste better to me. This morning, when I drank the jolt juice, I practically gulped the entire thing down it tasted so good. Morning to mid-afternoon is always the easiest for me so I'm having an easy time right now. We'll see how the rest of the day goes. It's nice to journal my thoughts on here.

Spiff
Juicer
on: June 6, 2014, 02:50

Tonight is a tough one again. I was still in a bad mood, but not as bad as last night. Again, it was really difficult to juice in the kitchen while the rest of my family ate chili dogs and macaroni and cheese for dinner. Watching them eat dinner is always really hard.

DonnaB
Juicer
on: June 6, 2014, 12:43

Hello Spiff,
I started my juice fast on 3rd June - so I am on Day 4. I have lost about 6 pounds so far!
Day 3 was hardest for me as I was really tired and light headed. I just keep myself thinking about how much I have lost each day and how much I could potentially lose in 10 days - that is somehow keeping me going.

Just think - it is not forever. Get to your goal and you'll feel so proud of yourself. Keep yourself busy as much as you can and it will get easier.
Good Luck
DonnaB

Spiff
Juicer
on: June 6, 2014, 22:29

Hi DonnaB. It's good to know there's someone out there who has started around the same time as me. 6 pounds is amazing! Good job. I am on day 5 and the hardest part for me is when my family is eating food around me. Today they were eating BLTs with chips and potato salad and it looked so good! And then my mom made cinnamon bread and the whole house smelled like cinnamon. Oh and then I have my boyfriend on the phone telling me about all of the yummy food he's eating. And he just doesn't get fat. He has an amazing metabolism and food just goes right through him. So on top of me being emotional, I get super jealous that he can eat whatever he wants and I feel sorry for myself.

Day 5 - No weight lost today. 8 pounds lost total.

What has been keeping me going is what you said. Thinking that it's not forever. Knowing that soon I will be back to eating solid food again. Even a salad sounds amazing right now! College break is over on Monday so maybe it will be easier once I start up classes again.

Good luck to you as well! Although it's not really luck, it's willpower. And boy, do we have a lot of it!!

Spiff
Juicer
on: June 8, 2014, 16:40

Day 6 I ran out of tons of fruit and veggies and I don't have any money so I drank half of the amount that I normally would for lunch and I had to skip dinner completely. It really sucked and I was hungry but I got through it. Didn't lose any weight yesterday. Woke up and lost another pound.

Day 7. 1 pound lost today. 9 pounds lost total.

Not enough juice for breakfast but now my mom is finally going grocery shopping. I offered to go for her but all of my parent's money is in their bank account so I couldn't go. I can't wait to finally juice again. I have been super hungry and I don't think I could have made it 24 hours without juice without caving so hopefully we get more fruit and veggies soon!! Already had to go without breakfast this morning.

DonnaB
Juicer
on: June 9, 2014, 11:19

Hi Spiff,
WELL DONE for not giving in - sounds like you've had a rough couple of days. 9 pounds is amazing.
On Day 6 I had lost 9 pounds then today (Day 7)I had gained a pound! Was gutted cos I didn't do anything different yesterday apart from go for a run - figure that out lol !!!
Am gonna keep going until Friday though as I'm not missing food as much now. I know what you mean about salads sounding amazing - they really do right now.

Keep going Spiff - it's not forever.

MissSyl
Juicer
MissSyl
on: June 10, 2014, 03:24

First day of juicing, tried it years ago lost 25lbs then 25 lbs later I thought why not. Started my day with warm water and lemon, lunch was carrot, apple and Ginger juice but my favorite after a good work out was....it was delicious!! :)

Spiff
Juicer
on: June 10, 2014, 21:22

Got more groceries and still going strong. It's day 9 today and I've lost 11 pounds so far. Hope everyone else is doing good! The cravings are pretty much gone but I do miss food. But at least it's not those crazy cravings where your mouth is literally watering. I was even dreaming about food. All is well now though and I'm going strong. Hope it's going good for everyone else. Keep at it. Thanks for the encouragement DonnaB and thank you MissSyl for the recipe. I'll have to try that one out because I need a break from all of the "mean green" juices xD

Spiff
Juicer
on: June 11, 2014, 03:12

Just almost cheated and thank GOD that I didn't. I was upstairs cleaning the juicer for the night and drinking a glass of water and all of a sudden the doorbell rings. It's the pizza my stepdad ordered (that I was unaware of him even ordering) and the whole house started smelling so good. Then he brought it upstairs and opened the box right next to me and set it down by my juicer and I was THIS close to taking a slice but I literally jogged back downstairs to my room and closed the door. I was seconds away from cheating. That pizza smells so good up there...

Spiff
Juicer
on: June 12, 2014, 22:21

Unfortunately my fast has come to an end. We ran out of fruit again for over 24 hours and I was unable to get any so I went too many hours without drinking again. I just don't feel like it has been healthy on my body. So from now on, I am just going to juice whatever meal I can whenever the groceries are available. I am sick of starving myself. I'll have to wait to try again until I get my own income. It was a good run though and I did lose 11 pounds. I will continue to eat only healthy foods.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,