twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: New 7 Day Juice cleanse starting tomorrow- 5/24 :)

juls1880
Juicer
New 7 Day Juice cleanse starting tomorrow- 5/24 :)
on: May 24, 2013, 00:06

Yes- I realize its Memorial Day weekend so I am guessing there wont be many (or any) joiners but I have to start it tomorrow as its the only full 7 days I am not travelling in the next month. If anyone else wants to join, let me know :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: New 7 Day Juice cleanse starting tomorrow- 5/24 :)
on: May 24, 2013, 02:02

Juls, I'll be juicing wed/thurs/fri of next week so I'll join you for those days. I'll keep checking back and following up. Hopefully we can get more to juice with us!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

duranie10
Juicer
on: May 24, 2013, 10:21

I will commit to start on Tuesday for 3 days. I sure hope I can be successful. I do get migraine headaches and hope this doing turn into such. But I will stay positive and keep juicing and carry on. Everyone have a nice Memorial Day weekend! Jules stay strong! You've got this!!!

juicelab
Juicer
juicelab
on: May 24, 2013, 19:37

I am starting a 3-day juice fast this long weekend starting tomorrow 5/25 since I don't have any plans and I'll have the time off from work so I will join you and post my results.

BTW, Hi everyone, first timer here. I got a couple of mangos from a coworker and I was looking for a recipe and I found your website and the "Gung Ho Mango Juice". Great information and guides, awesome work, admin.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 24, 2013, 20:59

Awesome everyone! I'm looking forward to following everyone on this juice fast. Good luck and here are a few tips:

Prep your produce the night before and put each meal in a gallon size ziploc. It makes it so much easier when you go to juice in the morning.

Drink plenty of water throughout the day.

Drink a juice when you feel hungry, the juice will fill you up and curb your hunger and most cravings.

Good luck and post often so we can follow your progress! I'll keep checking back.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

juicelab
Juicer
juicelab
on: May 25, 2013, 23:52

OK, I just finished my first day of fasting and it was ok. I am a meat lover so this is definitely out of my comfort zone, but I'll manage. Here are a few notes I can remember thinking of:
- Breakfast juice was the best one, not too green, not too sweet
- Lunch juice had too much celery taste (I hate celery but I had no sub so I had to take it)
- Dinner juice had too much lime/lemon (I hate beets, so for this one I added two carrots instead of the one recommended to replace the beets)
- Both lunch and dinner juices need more fruit, they were too green for my taste
- Got a bit of a headache, but not even close to a hungover headache, so it was no big deal
- Got cravings for solid food/meat but I started working on a few house projects and after awhile they went away
- All three recipes gave me a little over 20 oz. each, I wonder if that is about right

I'd like to hear any suggestions to some of the notes so I can improve the recipes for tomorrow. Hope everyone else is doing ok.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 26, 2013, 04:51

Juicelab, If you enjoy the breakfast juice, drink it for lunch and dinner also. If there is an ingredient that you do not like, then don't use it and simply replace it with something else. Celery can be replaced with romaine lettuce and beets can be replaced with carrots.

I wouldn't suggest adding more fruit as that will have an impact on how much weight you lose. Less sugar is what we are going for here. Remember, these drinks are meant to be more green consisting of more veggies than fruits. You should keep the veggie to fruit ratio about 80/20.

Feel free to take tylenol or ibuprofen for headaches. It won't harm your fast.

The amount you get per juice will vary depending on your juicer. But 16-20 ounces is about right. Also, you should have between 4-6 juices per day as you get hungry.

Keep it up, you are doing great and giving some really good feedback!

HealthyBMIWom-
an
Juicer
HealthyBMIWoman
on: May 26, 2013, 13:34

First timer here guys, I'm planning on starting tomorrow. Any prep advise?

corpusmae
Juice Professional
on: May 27, 2013, 01:11

Welcome everyone, I will be logging in here. Still on my fast have lost track of days or not counting correctly I now think I am on day 21 starting tomorrow-really haven't worried too much about it but feel so much better. The first 3 days are the hardest but once past that it gets easier, sure smells get at you sometime but as you start seeing results you ignore that. This forum has really helped me out and I am grateful I am here. For motivation watch Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, and Hungry for Change, they both are awesome. Check in everyday and just think of it as one juice at a time. You can do it. If I can you can...and I do not have migraines anymore, sleep well and have so much more energy and my clothes are getting looser, love that part, face clearer. Check out the different fast forums on this site for all kinds of helpful suggestions. " "You can if you think you can. As you think, so shall it be. Then think you can and you can indeed." Best to all of you. I will be here tomorrow. Got some work to do! Take care!

duranie10
Juicer
on: May 27, 2013, 14:47

Happy Memorial Day to each of you! Just got back from the store and have all of veggies and fruits to start a 3 day juice cleanse. Will be with family today and eating not so healthy things but will cleanse tomorrow. Excited and nervous at the same time. Looking forward to a youthful energy that I can't remember and dreading headaches. If I can get thru this I should be fine! Will post comments for support beginning tomorrow. Happy day! Thanks 😀

HealthyBMIWom-
an
Juicer
HealthyBMIWoman
on: May 27, 2013, 17:18

Corpusmae I just watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead yesterday and I have to say they made it look easy. But it did make much sense and gave me a boost of motivation. I'm one juice down on day one, we'll see how this goes. Happy Memorial Day all!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 27, 2013, 17:43

Happy Memorial Day, and I hope you are all doing great on your juice fast! I'll be here if you have any questions. Welcome HealthyBMIWoman!

ktrev
Juicer
ktrev
on: May 27, 2013, 22:47

My husband and I started today Monday 27th. My husband is borderline diabetic any thoughts? I am a :( bit concerned about tomorrow at work seeing that I have not had a BM yet!

Krissy
Juicer
on: May 28, 2013, 00:41

well started today. its kind of an emergency thing. i was put on a rdna med called victoza & two days after switching dose to 1.2 i was feeling weak & terribly painful & ill & my cervical arthritis intensified by 10 it seems & i went to the e.r. cause the pain was so unbearable. i have tons of health problems & diseases so im not going to get started on all of that. also i am 260 pounds & repeat & extreme dieter for decades losing & regaining tons of weight over & over (tons meaning 100s) & everytime it feels impossible to get it back off. not to mention i have a toddler & no support at all from family or friends or anything. so when stressed & exhausted its hard not to reach for a quick fix food. well.... anyways, my body desperately needs some help & healing so im starting the fast today.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 28, 2013, 03:51

Ktrev, First of all, before your husband decides to do a juice fast he should consult with his doctor. It’s important to not only get advice but to also discuss how to adjust any medications while on the juice fast. If he does juice, he should aim for a maximum of 1 fruit per juice. He should also include more protein in his juices and drink at least 64 ounces of water each day. Also, don't be too concerned about BMs. It will happen. Also, remember that since you are not taking in any solids or insoluble fiber, you aren't consuming anything to warrant a BM. Make sure to include lemon and ginger in your routine and you'll have one soon enough.

Krissy, Congrats on starting your fast! It will be really beneficial for you if you stick it out, set your goals, and juice until you reach them! We will all be here for support and I suggest you post updates as often as you can. I'll be here if you have any questions.

duranie10
Juicer
on: May 28, 2013, 13:47

Good morning. Just started Juice Fast. Had warm lemon water to begin - note to self - make sure to peel - juice was bitter but got it down. Now enjoying Breakfast Morning Glory with Granny Smith Apples, Cucumber, Strawberries, Grapes, Kale and Ginger. It is pretty tasty. So here we go. Will post more later. Everyone have a nice morning and great luck! :)

HealthyBMIWom-
an
Juicer
HealthyBMIWoman
on: May 28, 2013, 16:12

Hi duranie10, I'm on day 2 today. Yesterday wasn't too bad although I was craving a cheeseburger someone ate right next to me. Other than that, I'm happy to have stepped on the scale this morning and I feel refreshed. I do have to agree that Morning Glory was tasty but the Jolt Juice is too! Have a great day everyone, happy juicing.

duranie10
Juicer
on: May 28, 2013, 22:23

Wow headache has already started and feeling like I am getting a cold. Have some mucus running down throat. Is this symptoms of the detox? I have already have 3 juices and a lot of water. I did lay down and take a little nap but didn't feel great but did get up and made more juice. I did break down and take 2 Tylenol normally I would have take. Excedrin. So I hope I can thru with this and be successful. I am not here to lose weight but to detox and gain energy. I am 5'8" and 133lbs this morning. Maybe it is just working quickly on me? Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated. Not so happy right now :(

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 28, 2013, 23:55

Duranie, It seems like you are experiencing some of the detox symtoms. Not sure about the mucus though. Try drinking some warm/hot water with lemon and see if that helps any. Keep us posted.

HealthyBMIWoman, Try the Good Morning Green Juice, it's really good!

ktrev
Juicer
ktrev
on: May 29, 2013, 00:26

Thank you for responding and I am certainly excited to follow others journeys. Second full day and I am amazed that I feel so good! No real side effects but I am a bit tired tonight. I have to prepare my juice in the morning and by the end of the day it is just not as tasty. My Husbands blood sugar has been good but he is sticking to 95% veggies and just a bit of fruit.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 29, 2013, 02:31

Awesome, another tip to ensure freshness is to make sure they are sealed in an airtight container, and the container is filled to the top. Don't be afraid to top it off with a little bit of water to make sure it's 100% full before you seal it up. And of course, make sure it's refrigerated till you drink it. Try that out and let me know if it makes a difference!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,