twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Liz starts fast wed 22nd May...come join me Anyone

Liz0800
Juicer
Liz starts fast wed 22nd May...come join me Anyone
on: May 20, 2014, 22:55

Hi fellow juice fasters

I would love some people to share my journey.
I have a holiday in 9 weeks
Want the fat bits all gone
Have 20 lbs to lose....seems a lot but I'm told its feasible.
Plan to juice until it's gone

Hope there are others who have a similar goal.

Thanks Liz

sparkles87
Juicer
Re: Liz starts fast wed 22nd May...come join me Anyone
on: May 21, 2014, 10:41

Hi liz

I plan to start on Monday 26th so I'll be following your progress for some self motivation, I don't think I have have great will power so to know someone else going through this at the same time will hopefully spur me on! Let me know how it goes! X

bredja
Juicer
bredja
on: May 21, 2014, 12:48

I started Monday the 19 (may). So I'm 2 days in. I have lost 6, yes SIX lbs as of this morning Wednesday. 6 lbs in 2 days?' Yeya! I have 20 MORE lbs to goal weight and a wedding this Saturday (3 days away) where I will see a lot of old friends. Hoping to lose 3 more by then
I have a husband and 2 kids to cook for... My kids love the juice for snacks...

Yesterday I had headaches and body aches and took ibuprofen. Of course I wanted to eat but I don't know if I would say CRAVINGS, it's just habit to put things in your mouth w/o thinking... I have not put one solid food in my garbage disposal of a mouth yet. Haha

Feeling good this morning and seeing another pound bite the dust is surely motivation! 6 lbs of ground beef is a lot to scrape off your body in 3 days! Lol (yea I know gross but it helps to motivate me when I look at ground beef and think that's what a pound of fat on your body looks like)

I did this once before for then went on vacation...

Liz0800
Juicer
on: May 21, 2014, 22:21

Hi Bredja and Sparkles ,

Thanks for your replies. Yes Sparkles come join me.
Bredja, you sound like you're doing so well and have a similar amount to lose and have a similar habit like me of being used to putting something in the mouth when it's not always needed. I did not actually weigh myself today as I have a sense of what I am and did not want to feel demotivated. I plan to weigh in one week. You have inspired me. Can I join you. Do you have a goal? How long do you think it will take to lose 20 lbs of beef...?

Any way day 1 over for me.

Keep me posted.

Liz

bredja
Juicer
bredja
on: May 22, 2014, 12:52

1 more pound left behind! I am now 157 i started juicing Monday (today is Thursday) at 164 I feel amazing today! I feel energetic, happy and healthy. I can see where the weight is missing from my stomach and hips (so can my hubby and a few friends, who noticed w/o me telling them)

For now, as of today, my goal is to lose 10 lbs in 20 days. That will be my sons last day of school and we are starting summer off with a huge camping trip w/ like 30 ppl the next day.

My ultimate goal is 139 (18 lbs to go) But the last 10 will be HARD I am 5'10 so that's right in the middle of my healthy BMI and that's what I got back to after child #1
I am no pro but any diet you do you lose the most in the first few days... Shocking your body... After that I personally seem to lose about a pound a day juicing. (W/o any time between) I will take this weekend off for the wedding ... I plan to drink alcohol (in moderation) and eat a small amount of food...

bredja
Juicer
bredja
on: May 23, 2014, 15:28

Liz how is your progress? I was at a gathering last night with old friends from out of state. I wanted to eat so bad!! They had food galore there! But I didn't. I did drink some of our home made wine I brought which has nothing in it except grapes and a little yeast. Yes I know the yeast kind of ruins the cleans but I couldn't resist food AND drink so I rationalized that it has no additives in it... ANYWAYS i woke up this morning feeling guilty and weighed myself and lost 2 lbs!!

I AM 10 LBS DOWN IN 5 DAYS!! And feel great!!

Liz0800
Juicer
on: May 23, 2014, 21:04

Hi Bredja,

Well done for getting so far and surviving last night with a bit of wine. I think we have a similar goal and journey ahead. We can do it together.
Today is day 3 and doing ok. Was bored today and just wanted some grub. I have 9 weeks to a cruise and wanted to get 18 lbs off to get to goal. Do you think its possible?
I planned 3 weeks in a row first then to weigh I can't bear getting on the scales as I normally would. If i see the big current weigh in it will make me despair so thought I would do it in say ten days.

Sod's law tonight I have been invited out in two days. I may just go and get straight back on track. I think the research shows if you can have a splurge it tricks body and stops it going in to fast move. How you doing today?

L

Liz0800
Juicer
on: May 24, 2014, 07:19

My update.

Morning of day 4 - weight 144lbs , loss 4lbs. Goal 129 lbs , 15 lbs to get off

L

sparkles87
Juicer
on: May 26, 2014, 08:42

Day 1 - I've had my water and lemon which was real hard for me to drink so much first thing, but I persevered. Morning glory was my first juice and tasted much better than I expected. I've made mean great to take with me to work but I'm not so convinced about it. We shall see :-)

Liz0800
Juicer
on: May 26, 2014, 09:04

Hi Sparkles,

Great you've started ....you're on board. It will get easier. Day 5,6 you'll turn a corner.

Keep us posted.

L

sparkles87
Juicer
on: May 26, 2014, 21:52

So I'm not going to lie, all I've thought about today it food!

I had the lemon and water which was my first hurdle, then I had Morning Glory which was nice enough I guess, I had mean green for lunch (which it will never be having again!), I had sunset passion late afternoon and I had the tomato soup that someone posted for dinner. The soup is going to be my dinner for all of this cleanse I think because it was the only one I really enjoyed if I'm honest. The morning one, and the sunset one were both alright, but my main thing is I HATE celery! I have found today the substitution list so no more celery for me! :-) in the mean green one it was just too over powering, where as I think in the other ones, and even in the soup it was masked a bit.

I'm now going to bed early to stop myself from wanting food, but I'll probably be up in an hour or so for the toilet. I can't stop peeing haha!

I'm remaining optimistic but I'm hoping things can only get better.

Cx

Liz0800
Juicer
on: May 27, 2014, 23:44

Hi Cx,

I'm right with you sister. Your message sounds like I felt today. Dragged myself to the gym and off to sleep now but it's midnight. I am hungry and want some more juice but will be up going to the loo if I do....and I need to go again now!

I am craving a pizza. But determined as have my cruise in 8'weeks. I just gotta keep going. I hope tomorrow is easier. I feel crabby and annoyed....

Check in tomorrow Lx

bredja
Juicer
bredja
on: May 28, 2014, 00:55

I returned home from our wedding weekend. Yesterday I made over 200 wings for our friends and family... I ate 2 to taste my masterpieces. I am back to juicing full throttle tomorrow. I weighed myself and gained 2lbs. Which is still down 8. I hope to continue w/o anymore interruptions. My husband saw how much I loved it and decided to do it tomorrow also.... I AM SHOCKED! And excited!

sparkles87
Juicer
on: May 28, 2014, 16:11

So I'm going to let this group down and admit defeat. I failed, which I'm annoyed about but I can't have another day like today.

Day 2 (yesterday) wasn't too bad, I had 4 juices but none of them really appealed, I think when they all looked a similar green each one kinda of merges into another. I did look for a few recipes on here that might not be green but instead they looked like dirty brown water. Anyways I was powering through yesterday not too bad, and I felt great which is my main reason for doing this.

Day 3 today I woke up with shakes feeling faint and kept having to sit down. My morning water and juice came right back up (much to my boyfriends delight as he was trying to clean his teeth at the sink and I'm barfing my guts up at the toilet!) I had some water and managed another water and lemon with a bit of ginger to try and settle things. Made my lunch time one to take to work, but all day the faint feeling was coming over me and I couldn't bare to even sip my juice in case it was another morning episode. I am a bit of a fainter generally so I know how it feels and when it's going to happen which is lucky I guess! Anyways there's not way I could go on fainting, that can't be good for anyone, so I have eaten. But I'm going to stick to healthy things and change my diet this way.

I'm going to keep checking on here for inspiration though as I hope I can try again in a few weeks. My boyfriend said he wants to try too so if over the next few weeks I can try look for more appealing recipes then we can give it a go together.

Good luck yes and keep posting how you're getting on, it's going to inspire me to try again once I'm better x

Liz0800
Juicer
on: May 28, 2014, 16:44

Hi Sparkles ,

Don't worry about feeling like that ..don't say sorry. It's really hard isn't it ...sounds like you're detoxing ...you have all of the nasty symptoms. It's awful to go through but it's doing its job. Sounds like you're someone who would need to take a week off work and sleep through it. Take care...you have done your best this time. Hope you feel better soon.

Welcome back Bredja. You've done well. Glad you're excited too.

I am struggling today again. Have succumbed and still juicing but felt yuk, hungry, bored and want a big pizza. Can't wait again to go to bed.
I weighed myself thsi am and static which really annoyed me. I need to lose a stone in 8 weeks. Did I say I am still drinking coffee with skimmed milk but nil else. I don't want to give it up. It's my vice and gets me through. I should still be losing weight. A bit fed up today.

Hope you're day is ok.

L

bredja
Juicer
bredja
on: May 28, 2014, 18:59

SPARKLES87! :-( sad to hear it's not working out! I bet you are detoxing... I do not like my spinach and greens mixed in with my fruit. I like to do straight spinach, and cucumbers and lemon or lime and nothing els better than mixing them, Then I have a mix of other things after drinking the full green one...I agree it's like dirty water or just not great tasting.

I had to look up what a stone is. Is it equivalent to 14 lbs?
My day is ok. Yesterday I started getting sick - sore throat, queezy and also I started my womanly cycle today. So I'm not feeling amazing but this is not at fault of juicing. My husband forgot to take his juice to work so I thought that was gonna be it for his attempt but to my surprise he called and said he picked up a naked juice from the gas station on his way (juices that have nothing added, they are expensive and I wouldn't recommend juicing on just them but it's a start!)

I have been so busy today cleaning and housework (my day off) that I have only had time for 3 juices so far. Just drinking lots of water. I don't feel hungry prob cause my stomach has shrunk cause a few weeks ago I would have, I am so in this for the long haul. I want to lose 18 lbs more and if a stone is 14 lbs we are pretty close there. Also tonight I will start T25 which is a very hard 25 min exercise video program that lasts every day for a month :-/ crazy but I need to get this weight off quick before the summer gets so busy.. During summer I am ON THE GO constantly and will have no time to juice every meal. Although I feel so good I will never completely stop. Maybe like just juice breakfast or dinner...

Keep updating me!! You are motivating me to keep going and I love seeing your updates! I couldn't wait til tonight to see if youl posted so I stopped my day to check! Hehe

sparkles87
Juicer
on: May 28, 2014, 21:09

Oh I'm reading your progress and I'm gutted I can't go anymore :-(

I was doing it for the detox, to feel energised and refreshed. I knew I might lose a pound or two over my week cleanse but in my 2 and a half days, I lost 8 pounds which I can't afford to do, I'm only 8 stone anyways! And I'm jealous, I am a real active person but going to the gym or for a run while I was juicing was completely out of the question.

You may be right liz maybe I need to just sleep through it and take time off, but when I was at work I was distracted from food, if I was sat at home I fear I'd think of food all day!

I do want to try again, possibly in a few weeks, but for now I'm following your progress! X

Liz0800
Juicer
on: May 29, 2014, 21:57

Hi to you both. Oh Sparles ...to be so slim. Am dead jealous but expect you get that all of the time. Hope today is better anyway.

Hi Bredja......you're clearly on a roll. Today I weighed and am static...having on,y lost 4 lbs in ten days it feels sooooo hard and painful. I look yuk have spots and feel unhealthy. I have mouth ulcers today. My goal is simply weight loss and it seems no quicker than weight watchers. I had hoped to lose it at least 7 lbs by now. I am panicking about my holiday.

Feel like jacking it in.......fed up today. Sorry to moan. I have worked so hard at this. I have been gong to the gym every other day too.....don't you pack it in though .
Lx

bredja
Juicer
bredja
on: June 2, 2014, 12:42

OH NO!!! LIZ!!! Don't give up! I am shocked you haven't lost more! I don't understand! maybe too muh fruit juices rather than veggies? I wish I could offer advice!

I have now lost 14lbs in 14 days which I believe is a stone right?! lol. My total goal is 18 so I am half way there. I only have 9 days til our camping trip so I will have to take a break there though... I did hit 2 days in a row of losing nothing and being that weight loss is my goal I thought "what if I eat something to shock my metabolism" (Probably a no, no as far as the cleanse goes but after 10 days I figure my body is prob ceansed anyways. so I had a half of a chicken wrap for lunch one day and the next morning I lost 3 lbs!! I know every ones body is different and I will prob be hated by all loyal, hard core juicers who read this but it worked for me. I haven't "cheated" since and I have steadily lost a pound a day since. ..

my husband has started and of course men lose faster and he seriously lost 11 pounds in 3 days... sickening! haha I'm proud of him. It's easier not having to cook for him! Now I just make my kids simple things and my life is so much easier. I will continue this until my 28 pounds are gone.

Today I start my exercise routine also so I hope that keeps me on track. -- Also I am sick! I completely lost my voice now for 3 days, I have bad sinus pressure and am so tired. I am hoping the juicing will help me with a quick recovery.. .

Keep me updated LIZ! ps. I wore a 2 piece to the lake yesterday and 8 friends noticed I lost weight and complimented me! It felt so good! Cant wait to get it ALL off!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,