twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Its time I started juicing!

topdog53
Juicer
topdog53
Its time I started juicing!
on: October 10, 2014, 21:59

I have been wanting to go on a juice fast for a long time now. I have had a lot of discouragement from friends and family saying juice fast is not healthy, you don't get nutrients in your body and what not. I love food, I have always... Most of my friends and family are very skeptical about me completing at least three days of juicing fast. This Thanksgiving I am at least going to count my blessings, I have such a supportive husband , who thinks if I set my mind to it I can achieve anything!

I got my blood test requisition form from my family doctor and tomorrow I will be getting my blood, urine and ECG tests done. On Sunday I officially start my juice fasting. I am currently planning for one week and if I do well I'll be carrying it forward to the second week and the third. In the last 10 to 12 years weight has been a big issue for me. A lot of hormonal imbalance has been preventing me from losing weight too.

My blood pressure is normal, I have nothing to worry about there, thus states my doctor. My heart rate is currently 95 bpm, I weigh 254 pounds and I am 5'3". The main reason for my starting to observe a juice fast is that the last couple of months I have not been able to focus on my work or concentrate while reading. I haven't slept well in a long time and my blood hemoglobin is dropping to many small numbers. I am not as awake and alert as I used to be 10 years ago... Starting Sunday I am hoping to be regularly journaling my progress, my feelings, my energy, my frustrations, my achievements and what it what it is that I find on the way.

I am glad I found the supporting community.

“There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.”

topdog53
Juicer
topdog53
Re: Its time I started juicing!
on: October 11, 2014, 21:44

Any habit takes 21 days to become part of lifestyle. I know as long as I remember to come here every day and login to this post I will make it a habit soon. Yesterday I had mentioned that I would be going in to get my blood tests done, well I did go but unfortunately it's a long weekend in Canada and labs open only on Tuesday. That doesn't mean I will have to wait until tuesday to start juicing. I went into the store and bought my juicer! I am so excited!

I then went to the grocery store and picked up all the ingredients mentioned in the one-week fast. I will have a light dinner tonight and then tomorrow starts my day one of fasting. I have a question for anybody who might care to advise me... We all know that grapefruit is a weight-loss pro fruit. But it is not included in the fasting juice recipes, is there any reason why?

“There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.”

topdog53
Juicer
topdog53
on: October 12, 2014, 13:52

I am extremely over excited for today, if I could say that! I woke up at 7am although it's a Sunday because today is my juicing date! The general plan for today is:
Lemon tea - 10 minutes workout - 15 minutes meditation - morning glory - laundry - sunset passion - general house work - jolt juice - dog walking - movie with the husband - shower, moisturize go to bed!

I'll be back here before bed to tell you guys how it went.

9:30am: Morning glory is shockingly refreshing! The most delicious juice I've ever had with no sugar or sweetener! Now, I'm 100% in!!!
1:15pm: I just had my second juice. I sipped through my whole mug as I watched my husband wolf down a large sandwich!
4:30pm: Juice 3 is not so bad either.. Mean green juice... Apple makes it sorta bearable. I added turmeric and cinnamon to it and made it better!
9:15pm: Juice 4 was fruitless. Kale, cucumber, celery, lemon and ginger. Borderline bearable. Gulped it down like bitter medicine. I'll make it again for tomorrow's dinner and maybe I'll try and spice it up with the little cumin and paprika.

As storms are strengthening over the Atlantic today, there's a storm brewing up in my head.. I feel a heavy headache coming on. I think I should be drinking more water. Never believed in tylenols and advils, no point in starting now.
But over all I feel a little hungry, I'm craving to munch on a lettuce leaf! I enjoyed watching a couple of Gordon Ramsay cooking shows and didn't crave any of the food he was making...
I'll call it a day early and will look forward to juicing tomorrow

topdog53
Juicer
topdog53
on: October 13, 2014, 15:40

I haven't slept this well in a long time, I woke up at 10 AM feeling like I'm on the top of the world. Yesterday I was thinking I shouldn't be checking my weight everyday... But this morning I was in a super mood when I stepped on the scale anyways. I lost 4lbs overnight! Isn't that amazing? If that's not motivation, what is?
Juice 1 of the day is at 10:45am. Carrot, grapefruit , cucumber, ginger, lemon, apple with a dash of cinnamon. It tastes fantastic! The headache has disappeared and I'm feeling light, refreshed and slightly more energetic than yesterday.
Had a bowel movement... felt great! Moderate energy throughout the day. Going to bed without cheating! Feeling awesome!

topdog53
Juicer
topdog53
on: October 14, 2014, 15:26

Anyone experience diarrhea while fasting? Its day three and I woke up to diarrhea with mucous! I am hoping that its only because the cleanse is working... Energy level is still moderate, will try and do some walking and light exercising today!
Adding grapefruit to my morning juice... with cucumber, lemon and ginger...

Vilence
Juicer
on: October 15, 2014, 14:18

I love your energy!
I did my weekly groceries, so once I finish those I am starting the 7 days juicing plan.
I will keep an eye on your results and moods about it, as u just started off as well.
I think im starting monday, at least this is how i calculated my remaining foods.

I generally eat quite healthy, chicken, veggies, brown rice and so on. I rarely eat sweets, i dont eat bread or fried. The only thing I am worried about is the fact that I actually go to the gym 3-5 times per week, and im afraid I won't have the necessary energy to do so while juicing..

But gotta stay strong! Keep motivating me, as of next week I will share my thoughts as well.

topdog53
Juicer
topdog53
on: October 15, 2014, 15:13

Quote from Vilence on October 15, 2014, 14:18
I love your energy!
I did my weekly groceries, so once I finish those I am starting the 7 days juicing plan.
I will keep an eye on your results and moods about it, as u just started off as well.
I think im starting monday, at least this is how i calculated my remaining foods.

I generally eat quite healthy, chicken, veggies, brown rice and so on. I rarely eat sweets, i dont eat bread or fried. The only thing I am worried about is the fact that I actually go to the gym 3-5 times per week, and im afraid I won't have the necessary energy to do so while juicing..

But gotta stay strong! Keep motivating me, as of next week I will share my thoughts as well.

I have been eating healthy the first 25yrs of my life, I worked in a naturopathy hospital and have studied for a few certificates there. I haven't had fried stuff in a year at least, I never step into a fast food joint... if I'm forced to, I buy water or green tea. Life took over and I went wild with eating habits between 2001-11 and I've put on 110lbs in these ten years...

The last three years although I have been eating healthy, my gym habits are poor.. I'll walk a long walk whenever I feel like, and over do on weights and treadmill a few times... other than that, I feel too heavy to move around.. but the energy I've had since yesterday has been different... I wouldn't say its the energy drinks kind of energy, but a general feeling of not so heavy, oh I can actually move around without much effort kind of energy! I'm loving it!

I did not check weight today, I know I shouldn't be making a habit of doing so every day... but have lost 3.5 inches around my waist! That to me is a ton of motivation right there!

I've been sleeping really well... but oh boy! what's with the bowel movements! I've had three liquidy mucousy ones today and its not even noon... I'm hoping its the toxic stuff that has been inside me for years... gross!

I've added grapefruit and bell peppers to my juices and I'll just have to make sure I don;t do fruits after 4pm.. The body needs extra functions to be breaking down sugars, even from fruits. So, while I rest, I'd rather my body is burning fat and snipping inches :)

Lindas
Juicer
on: October 16, 2014, 10:06

Very interesting to read about your juice fasting. Now you have just a few days left on the seven-day fasting or are you going to continue? If it's the first time your'e fasting, you should probably not hold on for too long. It's a big change that occurs in the body when you do not get any solid food. Really nice to see that you are so committed. Good Luck and keep us posted!

topdog53
Juicer
topdog53
on: October 16, 2014, 15:33

Thanks for posting, Lindas! I planned it to be a ten days fast... Today is day 5. Unfortunately I'm on heavy periods and thats bogging down my energy... but hey, I feel lighter, happier.. lost 8.2lbs so far... Need to lose 4 more pounds to get to my goal of 5% off... yes, I still have a lot to lose. But baby steps will get me there.

Funny thing is I thought I won't be able to resist a salad, soup or sandwich when I went into a wi-fi enriched restaurant yesterday to meet a couple of clients... I watched while they scarfed down their cinnamon buns and pumpkin lattes and happily chugged on my peppermint tea! Not even the smell of bacon around was enticing enough to get me off my juice fast. This is a victory over weakness! I love myself for it!

Started today with half a litre of hot lemon ginger tea with a little honey. No better cleanse than this tea as I have known... While I'm being optimistic about the diarrhea being a lot of toxins flushing, I'm also aware that eating/drinking kale and spinach raw can bring about an onset. Kale, Broccoli and Spinach should not be eaten raw. I plan to have my next kale/spinach on day 11, not juiced but blanched solid, in small portions.

Lindas
Juicer
on: October 17, 2014, 12:03

Maybe too early to talk about how to end the fast when you have five days left. It is important not to stop abruptly but instead flatten out the finish, so to speak. Continue juicing but slowly start eating soft foods. Very little the first day and then more and more. Eating too much solid foods directly will cause you a lot of pain, most stomach cramps that can be truly difficult. But you seem to know what you are doing. I am quite sure you will do great!

topdog53
Juicer
topdog53
on: October 17, 2014, 15:53

Exactly, Lindas... Day 6 today and I'm really tired.. I'm still ok with the juice fasting, but am on the heaviest day of my period and that is exhausting...

I will keep up on just juices until day 10. My day 11 plan is this:

6am Lemon and ginger tea with cinnamon
8am Juice
10:30am Juice
1pm Cucumber and tomato salad with olive oil (small portion)
3:30pm juice
6pm Spinach, onions and cucumber salad with olive oil and vinegar home made dressing (small portion)
8:30pm warm spinach soup in Vegetable broth

I'll be doing similar modified fast days for 3-4 days when I'll be adding walks and workouts to my routine so that I don;t start gaining weight again... Until then, the juicer is my best friend and partner.

topdog53
Juicer
topdog53
on: October 18, 2014, 14:39

Day 7... lost 9lbs so far. exhausted.. have been taking a liquid iron supplement to recover blood loss... After my first dose, my body went into a shock.. that was scary and exciting at the same time.. I had severe cramps after 20 minutes of taking iron and then I had chills and turned feverish for an hour.. then things were ok.

With consideration to being very anemic, I don't think I should continue juice fasting for ten days.. today will be modified fast, starting with juice, then just the pink flesh from half a grapefruit, juice, juice and a tomato soup and juice again before bed.

Lindas
Juicer
on: October 19, 2014, 21:26

It's not a walk in the park if this is the first time for you. 5-6 days with only juices, herbal coffeine free teas, water and no solid foods at all is enough. Not longer than that first time. If health problems talk to doctor first just as you did. Did you talk to your doctor about the iron supplement? Would be a good idea. How did you notice blood loss? If you don't feel comfortable don't hesitate to stop. You lost 9lbs in 7 days and that's not bad at all. Congrats!

Vilence
Juicer
on: October 20, 2014, 11:21

I am on my day one now, lets see how this goes. The two breakfast smoothies actually taste amazing. Ive gotten produce for 3 days, depending on how i feel i will decide for how long to continue afterwards.

topdog53
Juicer
topdog53
on: October 20, 2014, 20:33

Woohoo, Vilence! Keep up the good work and keep us all updated! Im here to cheer you on!

Lindas, I'm going through heavy periods and thats how I noticed the blood loss... lol. I've worked in a naturopathy hospital before and have completed 21 days of absolute fast twice... but I was in my early twenties and way healthier than I'm now.. Absolute fast is with only water, lemon water and winter melon juice. No, not the fun kind... but I did well and weight loss was not an objective then. It was more like "hey, I can do it too" phase.. And also, it was observed under strict vigilent regimen, so couldn't follow whims and fancies and decide against it in the middle of the three week term.

Modified fast going on with small portions of raw and lightly cooked foods. I added a protein smoothie with apple this morning... Today I walked a half hour. It's getting cold outside, so I'll be sticking to indoor home gym starting next week, don't wanna gain back what I lost...

Vilence
Juicer
on: October 21, 2014, 12:08

First day was quite easy, i didnt feel hunger or cravings. Now in day 2, so far so good. Though im kind of bored in the office and all I can think about is food. But i will hold storng, no problem. Off to the gym tonight, wondering hows that gonna go...

Vilence
Juicer
on: October 22, 2014, 09:13

Second day went phenomenal as well, did great at the gym, didnt lack energy at all. On day 3 now.. this cant be that easy, tho?

Lindas
Juicer
on: October 27, 2014, 12:56

topdog53, Are you back to normal again?

Hey Vilence! Great job! You are working and going to the gym while having a juice fast? Not bad at all. I could never do that. I guess you don't know what headache is then...Good Luck!

topdog53
Juicer
topdog53
on: October 30, 2014, 14:05

Hi.. I'm on solids.. not happy about that... I gained back two of the 8.8lbs I'd lost...started on gym yesterday, but it's not as easy as it seems to me, my business keeps me rolling until late in the day and I'm still looking forward to receiving the new juicer this week. My old one just stopped working after day 7. I'll be starting juicing again soon... :)

jjtaime
Juicer
on: November 2, 2014, 15:52

I think it was stellar effort with going all the way to day 7. I have always been very peckish, try to eat healthy but I like my little nibblets in between.. dried cranberries, raisins, ginger.

Started on the juice fast today but I woke up late, so only 2 juices down and it's 5pm now. I dont feel hungry.. but really tempted to sink my teeth into a dried cranberry.. giving in is just too easy. But I'd try my best.

What do you do when you have habitual cravings?

Vilence
Juicer
on: November 25, 2014, 14:34

I totally forgot about the thread!

Yes I did use to go to the gym while juicing and I had the energy for it.
The juicing fast is really not that difficult.. the difficult habbit is the actual habbit of eating.. i would come to the office and my colleagues would be like "lets go for lunch" and i would react.. but hten remember i am juicing..

at least thats what it was for me.

I am back on solids and i absolutely hate it and I feel weak and tired again.
I need to buy a new juicer and I am starting again.. and this time i will keep it for longer.. might even replace a meal or two with juice permanently... because i just simply love veggies and fruits and the juices do me good, so i definitely dont mind doing that.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,