twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Author Topic: First Time Juicer - starting 7 day on 9/27

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
Re: First Time Juicer - starting 7 day on 9/27
on: October 1, 2013, 07:53

Loving this thread guys and also the recipes that keep popping up from time to time.

Second day in for me and must admit i find it tough during lunch today when i sat down with my juice and i could smell the toasted sambos in the background. Was also hard when the family was sitting down for a nice pasta meal last night but they are pretty good about it and understand what i am wanting to achieve.

I definitely need another juice for lunch as the Mean Green is getting a bit tedious. I have had 5 over the first 2 days and i desperately need something else for lunch. Where do you guys get your ideas for some of the juices that you make? Is it just spur of the moment or whatever is lying around?

Look forward to the ongoing banter.

Rob

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: October 1, 2013, 14:28

Hi Rob, I just make juices that I like. I didn't like the mean green so I don't make it. I found that is was the celery that I didn't like. I love tomato juice so that is what I began with and just added stuff I knew I like. I have found that the spinach hides very well in drinks and usually add 2 huge handfuls. Just make what you like, my first day was tough because I made the drinks at home and brought them to work. I had no choice but to drink them, I was drinking them while holding my breath! I knew if I didn't like it, I wasn't going to finish the 7 days. I gave myself permission to drink what I like, it's better than not doing this at all. I have a fruit juice in the morning, a tomato veggie juice for lunch, a tomato veggie for supper and a maybe a small fruit for a snack. I have to add the tomato in to the veggie or I can't do it. I still add celery but not as much, I will use more carrots and tomatoes than anything else. Here I am on day 5, so I did something right...and I think it's the whole giving yourself permission to experiment with things you like. Be sure to make Nicks Fall Special, it was great! This won't last forever Rob, you can get through the 7 days. Like I said earlier when I made the decision to do this, I knew I had abused my body for 40 years, I can do something great for it for 7 days, so can you! I hope you hang in there, this forum has been a great help to me. Welcome, I'm glad you're here!

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: October 1, 2013, 14:32

Hey Rob, one other thing. You may notice Nick, Taresa and myself are doing this alone in our homes too, so we've had the same challenges. Life doesn't stop because we are juicing. It's important to have good family support, but you will find support here from others who have been through it and know what you are going through and can help you push through it. I hope you have a great day today!

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: October 1, 2013, 14:32

Hey Rob glad you are on your Journey now... Congrats on day 2!! I have meet some really nice people from here.. I have learnt a lot very quickly... In regards to the recipes I sometimes google them or to be honest I just make them up as I go along! As long as its heavy Veg and a little fruit you will be amazed how well things taste! Once you get to day 3-4 you will be in your groove!

To my other Fellow Juicers!! Guess what!!! I am on day 7!!! Never thought I would make it here! I honestly feel like I can keep going and I just might?! I haven't decided what I will do next.. I still have more weight to drop.. So maybe I should keep going?

Anyway hope everyone is doing well!

I had another Green Sunrise this morning! I find once I get up and make my Hot Lemon with ginger I wait a little while before I have my breakfast... I usually have my first juice around 9:30 - 10:00 am how about you guys...?

Ok maybe I will hang in with your guys till you finish... ?

Talk soon.... Will weigh in again tomorrow after day 7 is complete..

Cheers

Nick

Taresa
Juicer
Taresa
on: October 1, 2013, 15:42

Hi Rob! Congrats on day 2 the Mean Green took some time to get used to. Have you tried Green Machine yet? I found that one to be a little better. Like Jolene said, it's the celery that had that really strong flavor. The Green Machine only has 2 stalks and lots of other things, like spinach and carrots to add more flavor. I completely understand the torture of drinking juice around the delish smells of food! I cooked my family Gumbo last night...I died a little inside. LOL! Just kidding, it wasn't too bad. Day 5 and I feel great. Lots of energy during the day, but definitely ready for bed by 9:30-10pm. Keep us posted on how you're feeling. Team Juice has really kept me focused and I'd be happy to help you along too!

Jolene, day 5 girl! Woot woot! The end is in sight. Still feeling good?

Nick, day 7, Whoa! Congrats. If you wanna keep going, do it! You know we'll be here to help ya along. But, I also understand the excitement of adding a salad to your day , lol! I have found that as the days pass, I have my lemon water first thing and I won't have breakfast till about 9:30 also. Today I am having morning glory.

Well Team, time to start my day. Stay Strong and Juice on!

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: October 1, 2013, 19:43

Hey Team Juice! That's you also Rob!! LOL

Well my Day 7 is getting closer to the end... I have been really thinking what I am going to do now..What I think I will do is go on!! LOL Yeah crazy eh??!! I will take it day by day right now.. I wont lie I did weigh myself today and I have dropped over 20 pounds on my 7 day plan.. I am 40 pounds away from my goal weight! I think I will go on a little longer and see what happens..

What eventually I think will happen is I will have a juice every morning and another one for lunch and a light meal for dinner like a Salad with a small piece of meat... I will do this plan when I get closer to my goal weight... SO for now I think I will continue for a few more days... Maybe go for 10!!

I feel great to be honest! I am trying to drink more water and I am also taking my time when I drink the juice...

I am very tired by 9:30 - 10:00 so I think you really need your sleep when doing this...

Ok guys I am busy working away at home just wanted to have a quick chat with everyone...

Anyone juice anything new? Just trying to figure what to have for dinner LOL

I do miss the actual cooking aspect but I will be cooking again soon...

I can say I have made some great friends on here.. Couldn't do it without my TEAM!

Cheers guys talk later

Nick

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: October 2, 2013, 00:48

Way to go Nick! I remember early you mentioning day 4 and 5 were tough, I had trouble for about two hours this evening. Just thinking about the future and going back to eating, I got over it, I chewed some gum for the first time since starting the fast. Wow, I don't know if this has livened up the taste buds but man was it strong! It felt good! I got to a point this afternoon and thought, I'm done at day 7! But guess what...I'm back on track, that little gal on my shoulder can be a such a nag. I cooked an amazing supper for Shawn tonight and watched him eat it, I just sat and sipped my tea visiting with him. It was nice. I'm surprised I am able to cook like I do and not be tempted to eat it, this juicing is amazing. For me it has transformed in 5 days how I think about food. Well I'm going to sip on my "Nick's Fall Special" and enjoy a quiet evening until Sons of Anarchy comes on! Hope you all had a great day and evening! Thank you my juicy friends!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: October 2, 2013, 01:10

You guys are all doing really fantastic on your fasts! I'm pleased at the dedication and success each and everyone of you have shown. Juice on!

Everyone, if you could, post a few pics of your "Nick's Fall Special". I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow and may just post it as a recipe here at JOJ since it seems to be hit with everybody.

I wish you all the best!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: October 2, 2013, 03:11

I should have posted a pic of the orange mustache I walked around with for about a half hour....hazards of juicing...lol

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: October 2, 2013, 16:32

Hey guys sorry for the delay I am still here!! I am now on day 8!! I have completed my 7 days and have decided to keep going for a few more days! I want to get closer to my goal weight before I slow down on the juices... Then I will include healthy small meals and still a few juices a day! How is everyone else doing?! I have lost a total of 23 pounds so far... Its pretty amazing my clothes are getting very baggy on me!! LOL

I will have to take a photo next time for JOJ of the Fall Special! Ok guys off to juice my lunch!!

Nice sunny day here today!

Cheers everyone

Nick

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: October 2, 2013, 17:48

Day 6 for me! It's going good, I know I'm down on weight because I'm wearing a pair of jeans I bought a size too small about 6 months ago and they have been hanging in my closet. I sure feel good! Now to go make my lunch than off to a farmers market to get another butternut squash!

Taresa
Juicer
Taresa
on: October 2, 2013, 18:28

Hi all! Just got done with breakfast. I had the morning Jolt. It's day 6 and still feeling good. I haven't decided if I am going past 7 days. I am down 7.5lbs and I am waiting to retake my measurements till after day 7. Busy day at work and I have to fly! Have a great day guys!

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: October 3, 2013, 01:04

My favorite drink, I make sure I have butternut squash in my fridge at all times! Thanks Nick!
"Nicks Fall Special"

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: October 3, 2013, 01:40

Wow what a great photo Jolene !! Made me smile from ear to ear!!

Well guys I am completing day 8 and I can honestly say I feel fantastic !! People I bump into now are asking me hey have you lost weight?? I just say ohh yeah?? Lol some people I tell them what I have been doing and they might give it a try others I know won't stick with it! No one said it was easy! Well I am going to keep going till I get closer to my goal weight and go from there.. I am taking it day by day! But I honestly feel great! Today I was so busy with work and also helped parents cut all of there cedar hedges.. I had lots of energy!

My wife Chrstine has been very supportive she has not gone like I have but she does try one of my mixes once in awhile and she also has lost weight as the fridge is full of fruit and veg!! Lol She came home today after shopping and brought me home a book called The Juicing Bible...!!! It is packed with receipes and talks all about what each fruit and veg can do for you!! I haven't really sat down and read it yet... I will once I am done here...

Anyway guys I see we are all still on board and you girls are almost done!!! What day is tomorrow for you guys??

I wonder if any of you will keep going ??

Ok time for some tv and read the Bible! The juicing Bible that is !!

Talk soon

Cheers

Nick

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: October 3, 2013, 14:44

Well here I am on day 7! I feel really hungry this morning. That real empty pit in the stomach hunger, even worse I'm arranging a meeting and ordering Chinese for everyone! I will sit and watch them all eat while I sip on my drink. I will make it through today, just have to get over this hurdle this morning. I'm going through day 8 for sure than Saturday I will begin introducing healthy food one meal daily. Way to go Nick for carrying on! This last week has given my the energy and the strength to exercise. More importantly I have learned that I don't have to give into temptation, I haven't had a potato chip in a week! That alone is a miracle! I'm looking forward to snacking on Kale chips and turning these new fruits and vegetables into a daily meal that I can chew! Cheers my juicy friends, I hope you all have a good day!

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: October 3, 2013, 18:23

Hey you made it to day 7 Jolene!! Congrats! Hope that hunger spell went away for you! When I have that feeling I go juice 1 or 2 apples with a little bit of ginger... It seems to help!!! Taresa guess you also are on day 7!! Congrats to you also!

Well I am trucking along on day 9!! Wow I cant believe I haven't eaten any solid food for 9 days!! Never thought I could of done it!! I haven't weighed myself for a couple days I will weigh in on the weekend...

Monday is my wife and mine 7 year anniversary... Not sure what we will do for dinner on that day!! LOL

Anyway I feel like I can keep going for a bit longer.. so just taking it day by day... I feel really good...

Ok busy day here at work...

Talk to you guys soon!

Cheers Juicy friends!!

Taresa
Juicer
Taresa
on: October 3, 2013, 21:19

Hi guys! Woo woo, day 7 Jolene! It's been a busy week for work. It's made juicing a bit easier. I chewed a piece of gum for the first time today...chewing,what a weird sensation. Lol. Jolene, it definitely tasted more intense. Well, I decided to add a salad for dinner tomorrow. I am kinda nervous to eat. I wonder what my stomach is gonna do?! I'll be doing my weigh in and measurements in the morning for the 7 day total. Alright guys, thanks for the support! Keep on keeping on!

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: October 4, 2013, 16:15

Hi Guys! Day 8, I got up and made my juices as normal...lol! Tonight I will have a salad for supper for also! Taresa, how was yours? I'm feeling okay, I'm not 100%, but I'm alright. Just have female crap going on, that drains me, but I know that will be gone in a day so I wait. Plus I forgot my glasses at home today, so I'll have a headache by the time I leave work because of the eye strain! Oh well, I have my font set to huge and zoomed in to 150%..it's pretty funny. Well I better get back to work, just to a quick break to check in and wish you all health and happiness today!

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: October 4, 2013, 17:23

Wow Jolene on day 8 and still on the juice!!I hope this does not look like I am yelling with the large font setting you have... I wear glasses all the time so if I don't wear them after awhile I also get a headache... Whats the total loss guys?! You guys glad you did it?!

Well I am on day 10!! Yeah crazy eh! I would have never thought I would go this long... I haven't weighed in for awhile I will on Sunday...

I have been doing a lot of research on juice fasting... So much out there on it... Anyway I came across a guy Juicing for a change...it is a another good site to check out...

Well you wont believe this??!! I just got back from picking up some Mason Jars!! And lots of fruit and Veg!! I am going to clean and prep and make enough juice for 2 days worth! Keep in Mason Jars right to the top and keep in fridge... I know its better to have it right after you juice but I have read that you can keep it in Mason Jars for a couple days... So this afternoon I am making 3-4 different juices and bottle it in the jars!!

I guess I am going on few more days then??! LOL

Ok going to go do this now... Kinda excited!! LOL

Talk soon

Juicers!!

Nick

Taresa
Juicer
Taresa
on: October 4, 2013, 18:20

Hi guys! Well it's Day 8, I decided to add my salad tonight or maybe lunch. I haven't decided yet, but I don't want to go to sleep feeling bloated or sick.

Nick, that is an awesome idea! The one thing that gets annoying is cleaning my juicer 3-4 times a day. Especially since I have a Hurom slow juicer. It's a masticating juicer and takes a lot of elbow grease to clean.

Jolene, any ideas on what your salad will include? I was thinking pear, spinach, cucumbers, tomatoe,shaved carrot with lemon and pepper. I hope you feel better!

I am feeling a little discouraged today. I made the mistake of mentioning the fast in a passing comment on Facebook. And of course "that guy", whom I don't even know, had to point out how bad juice fasts were. Blah blah blah blah blah.. Anyways, I don't know why I am so irritated, but i am. Funny thing is, I went to the Doctor on Tuesday and she did a blood panel (cholesterol, liver function, and blood glucose) and everything was perfect. And while she didn't think I should go past 7 days (she believes i am not getting enough protein and all the nutrients) she didn't think I was doing anything unhealthy. She also mentioned another patient who did it for 41 days and lost a bunch of weight. But, she kept saying, "it's not a way to live." The whole time I am thinking well no kidding lady! It's a way for me to reboot my body and rethink the food I put in it. I am not gonna forever drink just juice. Ugh people.

Anyways, I feel great and my total weight loss is 8.5lbs and I loss 1.5 inches from my waist and 1 inch off my hips. Woohoo. I am hoping I can continue to lose weight while eating my fresh veggies and lean meat. No meat today maybe tomorrow, but for sure Sunday. Well that's enough from me! Lol. Have a great day guys and keep in touch. Talk to you soon!

JoeWee
Juicer
JoeWee
on: October 4, 2013, 20:28

Quote from Jolene on October 3, 2013, 14:44
Well here I am on day 7! I feel really hungry this morning. That real empty pit in the stomach hunger, even worse I'm arranging a meeting and ordering Chinese for everyone! I will sit and watch them all eat while I sip on my drink. I will make it through today, just have to get over this hurdle this morning. I'm going through day 8 for sure than Saturday I will begin introducing healthy food one meal daily. Way to go Nick for carrying on! This last week has given my the energy and the strength to exercise. More importantly I have learned that I don't have to give into temptation, I haven't had a potato chip in a week! That alone is a miracle! I'm looking forward to snacking on Kale chips and turning these new fruits and vegetables into a daily meal that I can chew! Cheers my juicy friends, I hope you all have a good day!

Enjoy every sip of your drink as they consume all of those calories and We all know that Chinese food is rented? It comes out of you within hours and you're still hungry :)

Try and go longer on Juicing only, try 30 days, then 60-90...

Good luck to us all.

Joe.

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: October 5, 2013, 00:23

Hi Taresa, I had chop salad, cabbage, carrots, cilantro, celery and roasted almonds with light dressing. It was delicious, I didn't even eat all of it, I gave Shawn half. Normally I would have just stuffed myself, but I could tell I was full and was able to stop. Life is good today! thanks for the chuckle about the Chinese food JoeWee, I did feel good not eating it and it really didn't bother me like I thought it would.
That's a great idea Nick, you need to make it easy enough so you keep on, and don't let the prep stop you from juicing..it can be a pain in the a$$ but it's worth it in the end!

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: October 5, 2013, 17:30

Hey Guys how is everyone today?

I am still going on day 11 for me... ! I think I will try and hold off till day 14... then introduce food slowly and go from there... I have my moments on where I want to eat a nice salad instead of juice!! LOL

What are you guys going to do now... You going to juice one meal a day? Or slowly get to eating healthy with no juice and maybe another reboot down the road?

I am not sure on what I am going to do long term... Maybe do one day a week of just juice? Also eat healthy rest of the week...

I cant believe we have all finished day 7....

Let me know what you guys think you are going to do long term... I am going to weigh in tomorrow... I miss cooking and as I was saying yesterday I have made enough juice for 2-3 days sealed in mason jars its really weird just go to fridge and dinner is ready for you!! LOL I have so much time on my hands!!!

Have a great Saturday guys!!

Cheers

Nick

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: October 5, 2013, 23:13

Hey guys I am struggling today... I am trying to hold on till 14 days but I am finding it tough today at day 11... I haven't slipped but I am starting to crave a hot meal... Getting tired of the juice but I would really like to hold on till 14 days... I will weigh myself tomorrow maybe that will spur me on till then end!

How is everyone else doing?

I don't crave the crap food just a nice healthy meal...

I have learnt so much about myself this past 11 days and it has opened my eyes to many things...

Well I am relaxing now on couch watching the NHL game Toronto Maple Leafs!!! While I sip on my premade Juice!! LOL

Ok till next time...

Nick

Taresa
Juicer
Taresa
on: October 6, 2013, 02:41

Hey guys! Just hanging out watching my hubby play video games. Feeling good and still losing weight. Nick, I guarantee once you weigh yourself in the morning you're gonna feel motivated again. Think about it, you've already done 11 days! That's amazing what's another 3, right?!

As far as my plan for integrating solid food back into my diet. I am trying to eat 4-5 small meals with a mix of juice and solids. So, The first day I juiced for breakfast and had a small salad with no dressing for lunch. Then when I got hungry again I made a juice. Then for dinner I had another small salad. But, i made a lite dressing out of olive oil, lemon, fresh cracked pepper, and a tiny bit of sea salt. Today I juiced for breakfast. For lunch I had celery with organic, no sugar peanut butter. Then for my next meal I had a small salad and dinner I steamed some stir fry veggies and had fish. So far, I feel good. No weird tummy reactions. I did notice after the first time I ate I felt a bit tired. But, that's slowly going away.

Jolene, how are you doing?
Alright Team Juice, have a goodnight, talk soon!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Tags: , , , ,