twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Author Topic: First Time Juicer - starting 7 day on 9/27

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
Re: First Time Juicer - starting 7 day on 9/27
on: September 28, 2013, 22:55

Taresa - good to hear you are sticking with it. I'm doing it alone in my house too, but he's supportive so that helps.
Nick - thanks for bringing up the mouth issue, I haven't experienced anything but I'm going to take the advise from Kuro and rinse after each juice for sure.
Today has been weird, I haven't been real tired but not super energetic either. I feel like I'm just going through motions. I laid in bed and watched some TV and all I could think of was eating food. I got up and started reading success stories of juicing and made myself a great tomato drink that is taking all the bad thoughts away. Today I also started making vegetable stock when I juice only veggies. I'm going to freeze it for future use when I do start eating. Crazy, I'm looking forward to eating vegetable stock soup!! I do find myself thinking about eating good stuff too, which is weird! You would think I would be dreaming of potato chips (my big downfall) but I find I'm thinking about a healthy piece of chicken, whole wheat toast, brown rice, salads and vegetables...the mind and body are very complex! Anyways, hope you are all still juicing with me, this is really helping me. thanks so much for being here!

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: September 28, 2013, 23:29

Hey guys! Yeah today was a hard day for me.. I still am not sure why but after I went for a walk and did a few things I felt better.. While I type this I am trying my Coconut water for the first time.. I bought Vita Coco its kinda cool like a small juice box its pretty sweet actually! I don't mind it at all.. I think I paid $1.50 for one I bought 2 of them..

Yes its been really nice to be able to talk to you guys.. I haven't really told many of my friends yet..The less people know right now the better..

I am curious to see how my weight is tomorrow I will weigh in tomorrow! I haven't had my dinner yet but I might try to heat a juice up like soup..

I know I crave crunchy veggies and a chicken breast... I love chips also! LOL But funny thing I am not craving them right now..

I am going to continue at least for the full 7 days.. then we shall see maybe I will hang on until you guys are done also?!! Then afterwards I will slowly introduce food and I think I will continue juicing one meal a day maybe Breakfast.. Then after 4-5 weeks I will do another week long juice fast.. We should stay in touch and do it again once we are done! I would like to drop 80 pounds and be very healthy is my goal..

Ok guys I am glad we motivate each other... I just noticed we are on page 2 of the chat forum!!

Do you guys know how to post photos on here..? I have taken a few photos of my juices just not sure how to post...

Ok I am off to make my soup/juice

Cheers!

Nick

Kurokujira-
Kurokujikiri
Juicer
Kurokujira Kurokujikiri
on: September 29, 2013, 05:38

Testing to see if I can post a picture of some mangosteens:

OK, so looks like you need to upload your photo to an image hosting site like photobucket, then type this: {img}http://whatevershouldbehere{/img}, except use the square brackets "[" and "]" instead of the "{" and "}".

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: September 29, 2013, 14:16

Thanks KK for showing how to post photos...

Hey guys I just weighed myself !!! Drum roll please ......... I have lost 17 pounds !!! I cold not belive it I had to weigh myself 3 times to make sure!

I was 282 I am now 265.... !! So il will keep going and see how things go! Like I said its not easy i am making my hot lemon and ginger as I type... Ok how are my other juicing buddies doing?

Speak soon!!

Cheers

Nick

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: September 29, 2013, 15:27

Way to go Nick! Now that is motivation! I hope I can do as well as you, I'm sticking to it though! I don't have any hunger pains, it's really just the emotional eating and cravings that get me. I'm on day 3 and feeling good. I thought for sure I was going to lay in bed sick all weekend but I'm one of the lucky ones that didn't get terrible headaches or sick, thank god, it would have been easy to stop. As long as I use tomato's in my drinks I enjoy them, so that helps a lot! I have been juicing a lot of spinach in my drinks too, usually two large handfuls. Also, last night for fun I made Kale chips, I made my honey taste them, I can't wait to make them when I'm back on solids. I love to cook and have continued to cook for him, with no temptations to eat it. The Kale chips will help me to have that crunch I crave from potato chips, hopefully!

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: September 29, 2013, 15:34

Hey Jolene thanks! Ys I am really pumped again to keep going ! Tell me what receipe do you use with tomatoe again ? I am going out for awhile but I think I will do a tomatoe juicer for dinner tonight I haven't used them yet..

I also use heavy spinach and cucumber carrots and kale.. For fruit I have been using pears apples and oranges mostly...

I also love kale chips! They are amazing just can't really save them you have to eat what you make which is easy! Lol

Ok good luck today touch base later on ! Glad we motivate each other!

Nick

Taresa
Juicer
Taresa
on: September 29, 2013, 16:12

Woo hoo! Nick, that is spectacular! I am sitting at my table drinking my breakfast and I literally said, "wow!" I am really proud of you.

I feel fantastic today! A little achy when I first woke up. But, I have so much energy. I got up at 6:45am and started cleaning...very weird for me on a Sunday morning. I plan on going to the store today and getting the rest of my veggies for the week. Including some butternut squash for that drink Nick made.

Jolene, I love kale chips! They're so yummy and you can add some many different seasonings to them. Last time I made them I used a spicy Cajun seasoning (hubby is from Louisiana) and I ate a whole bundle of kale. Way better then a whole bag of potato chips, right?! I have also done roasted edamame, that's really good too. Do you use Pinterest? You can get so many good recipes.

Keep up the good work guys! We got this!

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: September 29, 2013, 17:49

I threw out what Shawn didn't eat for the kale chips, I had read that they don't keep. I'm glad to have that option later, and I'm excited to try different spices on them! That will be my big splurge!
The tomato drink I made and really enjoyed was
3 tomato
2 handful spinach
1 celery
3 carrot
2 garlic clove
1 slice of onion
1/4 wedge of lime
so far besides a fruity drink, this has been my favorite!
Glad you are feeling better Taresa and hanging in there! 2 1/2 days down! We got this!!

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: September 29, 2013, 19:40

Hey guys thanks for all the postive vibe! I just back from a drive with my wife... (Christine). She is not on the juice fast but has tried the ones I make and she has started to eat healthier as she feels guility if she eats a cookie in front of me lol..

Anyway we went for a drive to a local farm and picked up some veggies from the farmers and all I was thinking about is how I could juice this with that lol lol crazy eh!

I don't know if you have any of these places where you live but I stopped in at a Booster Juice and I thought they only did smoothies... Low and behold they did fresh juices!! I am so happy as they are only 5 mins from my house.. I had the ginger hammer it is apples carrots and ginger.. Wow lots of ginger had some serious kick! I chatted to the girl that works there and I was asking her lots of questions about the juices... She asks me have I ever heard of a juice fast challenge... Lol lol I told her I have and I am doing one !!! I told her I was on day 5 and she couldn't belive it. I told her she has to try it you are at the perfect place to try it!

Anyway I was excited to share my day with my fellow juicers! I feel really good today.. ! It was so nice to order a juice and I could actually watch them make it.. The bouns I didn't have to clean up!!! Lol lol It was only 4.75 for a good size! I thought that was a good price...

Ok dinner tonight will be the Joelen special! Thanks for the receipe !

Lst night I was thinking of giving up but now I feel I can go on!!!

We are a great team!!

Talk soon!

Nick

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: September 29, 2013, 21:05

I'm having some serious cravings right now 4:00pm...can't get food out of my head. I'm off to the kitchen to make a small fruit juice to help curb those cravings!

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: September 29, 2013, 22:09

I have not been liking throwing out the fruit pulp so I thought I would try my hand at a healthy fruit pulp muffin. They look delicious and smell even better! I'm waiting for my darling to get home and try them, if they are good they are going in the freezer for me to enjoy later!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 29, 2013, 23:22

If you use the quick reply at the bottom you can't post an image. If you use the "reply" button at the top of the post it will allow you a place to upload images from. I'll have to add the ability to upload photos through the quick reply later on this week. For now, just use the reply button at the top or do as Kuro did.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: September 29, 2013, 23:25

Hang in there Jolene!! My worst day so far was day 4! Ughhh But I kept going and here I am on day 5 and its the best day so far! I just tried the Jolene special! Its amazing!! Such a nice change!! I loved it!

I am very curious how the muffins turn out because my compost bin is getting very full!! The muffin idea sounds great!

Ok well I am ending my day 5 and I think I can easily get to day 7 now!

Ok guys... Let me know how your day ends... What's tomorrow for you both day 3 or 4?

Speak soon!

Nick

Taresa
Juicer
Taresa
on: September 30, 2013, 00:00

Hey Team Juice!

Jolene can you post your recipe for the muffins? I bet my son would love them. I understand the cravings! We went out to restock veggies today. My son and husband got lunch at my favorite quick service restaurant, Chipotle. I stayed in the car and played on my phone, cause I think I may have started to cry lol. The only mistake I made was I forgot to bring water with me. Bad, I got so thirsty! When we went to the grocery store I bought a coconut water and guzzled it down.

Nick, I don't think we have the company out here. But, we have smoothie king. Which I thought did only smoothies as well. Maybe I need to look into that! Not cleaning my juicer after a meal would be nice. I bought some butternut squash for dinner. How much did you use?

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: September 30, 2013, 00:19

Hi Guys, the muffins are good, my honey likes them. The texture is different but it's healthy! Even if we cant eat it now, we can plan for the future and help our loved ones to eat healthier too! I hope you enjoy the muffins in 4-5 days! LOL

I just used what I had in my cupboard and love to bake so just revamped some other recipe to fit this....

3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oatmeal
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 cup fruit juice pulp

mix together and fill into sprayed muffin tin or use liners
bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes.

I had juiced grapes, strawberry, blueberry, pineapple and banana. I'm sure any mixture would work. I have a sugar pumpkin I'm juicing too, that will make great pumpkin muffins! The options are endless...lemon muffins, I want to get some cranberries and do a orange cranberry too.

I'm going to start keeping all my fruit juice pulp for this, freezing it into 1 1/2 cup portions.

I stayed home today so I wouldn't be tempted when Shawn went into town. It wasn't worth it to me to even be tempted. Day 3 is almost over! I'm hoping the week goes weekly with work. Being at home 24/7 has been difficult, but you guys made it easier! Every time I felt down, like I needed to eat solid food or having a craving, I reached for this forum, thanks again for being here!

Taresa
Juicer
Taresa
on: September 30, 2013, 00:38

Jolene, Thanks for sharing! I make these zucchini cheese muffins for my son, Brandon. I think he'll really like your fruit muffins for breakfast. Looking through my pantry I have unbleached AP flour and quick/instant oats. Do you think the muffins would turn out ok? I am excited you like to cook. I do too, but I really need to revamp my recipes to make them healthier!

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: September 30, 2013, 00:51

I used quick oats, as that was all I had too. You should be good to use the A/P flour too, your next shopping trip switch out to w/w, just don't tell your son...
I just put my veg. pulp in the oven on 170 for 12 hours, going to make veggie crackers...well I hope that's how it turns out anyways! I let you know tomorrow!

Taresa
Juicer
Taresa
on: September 30, 2013, 02:22

This is delicious! Lets call it Nick's fall special. 😀

1\2 a butternut squash
2 apples
2 carrots
Dash of cinnamon

I poured mine over ice since my guys are sharing ice cream right now. Made me feel like I was having a tasty treat too.

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: September 30, 2013, 12:21

Thanks Taresa and Nick, my supper is planned!

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: September 30, 2013, 14:37

Hey Juice Team! How is everyone?!! I have been busy! I run my own company and I am in the Promotional business I make shirts, hats, pens etc etc with logos on them.. It keeps me very busy!

Anyway guess what??!! I am on DAY 6!! Wow tomorrow is Day 7 for me! I know for sure I can last now... these past few days I have been feeling great!! My cravings have died down and I truly feel like I can continue past 7 days!? A few days ago I never thought I would be saying that!

I have taken a few photos of my creations I need to post some! I love the name Nicks Fall Special! LOL!! It looks just like mine did! I think the cinnamon really finished the drink!

The muffin creations sounds amazing! I will have to try this!

Ok guys glad we are still all together on this journey!!

We will have to stay in contact when its all over!

Here is another winner I had for breaky!!

I call it the Green Sunrise! LOL Ok try it out! Another great one!

3 large kale leaves
2 slices of pineapple
1 red apple
1/2 cucumber

Ok Speak soon!

Les Go Juice Team lets go!! LOL

Taresa
Juicer
Taresa
on: September 30, 2013, 15:48

Nick, that Geen sunrise sounds yummy. Funny cause I bought a pineapple and was wondering what I should mix with it!

Jolene, we're on day 4! I weighed myself again...down 6 lbs! But, more importantly I feel pretty dang good. I am really surprised at how energetic and motivated I feel. How is work going for you? Like Nick, I work from home. I do billing for a company out of Denver, CO. Today should be pretty busy since its the last day of the month. Well team juice, tata for now!

Be Strong and Juice On!

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: September 30, 2013, 17:24

Today is a great day! Man I feel good too Taresa! Work is good, it's just me and another girl in the office and she knows I'm juicing. Day 4! I'm going to go through Friday and into Saturday, Saturday night I'm going to eat a little bit of food. I already know I'm going to eat veggies and chicken, LOL! I'm going to wait until Saturday morning to weigh again, that will help motivate my first day of incorporating solid foods into my diet. I'm still going to juice 2 meals a day and just eat one meal...well that's the plan anyways, we'll see how it goes! Have a great day my juicy friends!

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: September 30, 2013, 23:04

Hey guys well I am having my dinner lol on day 6 and I a having another Nicks Fall Special.

I do really miss actually cooking and making meals.. Tomorrow will be my 7th day I will have to think
what I will do next I may introduce a small meal and have a juice for breakfast and lunch or I may
continue on for a little longer... Not to sure yet....

Hope you guys are doing well!

Talk soon

Nick

Jolene
Juice Expert
Jolene
on: October 1, 2013, 00:24

I had Nicks Fall Special for supper, it was awesome! It was such a treat to eat something that wasn't green! I loved the color, almost felt like I was cheating! I've started having my juices at the table, like I would a meal. Last night I even sat and drank mine while Shawn ate his supper. It's getting easier and Taresa we are going over the hump!! All down hill from here!!

Taresa
Juicer
Taresa
on: October 1, 2013, 00:29

Hi guys!

Today was an alright day. I had some massive cravings while making my son lunch. The grilled cheese smelled so good, lol! But, I stopped myself from nibbling on it and I made the Green Sunrise instead. It was really good. Thanks Nick!

I am drinking some coconut water right now waiting for my hubby to get home so I can make them dinner. I miss being able to taste things while I am cooking :) I have to have my hubby try everything as I am going. It's pretty funny. I'll be having our Bloody Mary for dinner, yumm. Well I am ready to put day 4 behind me! I hope you 2 are well. Talk to you tomorrow!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Tags: , , , ,