twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Day 1 of 7 (My second juice fast)!

jellybonesjes-
s
Juicer
jellybonesjess
Day 1 of 7 (My second juice fast)!
on: June 15, 2016, 20:43

Hello there!

I am starting my 2nd juice fast today after a 2 week relapse.

I had prior to that successfully completed 60 days.
I started initially eating one light plant based meal per day thinking It might be possible to continue losing the weight. Yet my weight has maintained even with only one meal per day and I have also found a few of my old ways coming back.

Yesterday I found myself buying chips and convincing myself because they were fried using olive oil that it was fine!

NOOOO not fine! I recognise this old habit and feeling!!! :( emotional eating!!!

I have worked too long and hard to fall off the wagon now. It seems though once I opened my body to eating cooked food, it became quite difficult to resist other things. Old habits die hard! I'm going to start again, this time i'm going to do more research into breaking my fast. I am also considering merging my juicing regime with intermittent fasting (5:2 if anyone knows this?). There has been some interesting findings on the benefits of intermittent fasting on mental and physical health.

Last year I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and have spent many years trying various medications for depression and anxiety. This was my primary motivator to starting juicing. I also want to reach a healthy BMI.

My current weight is 87 kilos and my BMI is now 28 (down from over 100 kgs/ BMI of over 30). Yay! 😀

My mental health has been a lot better and I have been off meds for over a year. I am quite interested in the link between plant based diets and mental health. It is something that is rarely talked about but I believe there is something there to be discovered. If anyone has any thoughts or information about this I would greatly appreciate it. I would also like to know how other people in similar situations have incorporated meditation and exercise into their juice experience.

I am an expat living in Spain and it's quite isolating doing a fast in a different country away from friends and family and surrounded by so much delicious food and drink everywhere! Time to get connected with other people in my position! So here I am. I would love to share more of my journey so far. :)

I'm starting a 7 day total juice fast today. Back to square one! Carrot, Apple, Celery and Cinnamon..... yum!
Wish me luck. I will keep you posted and stay accountable this time.

mantishugo
Juice Expert
Re: Day 1 of 7 (My second juice fast)!
on: November 11, 2016, 07:45

Nice to know that you are aware of what food items you should avoid. Your emotional eating habit is not stronger than your will power to stay on a healthy diet. Keep it up! I'm on a Goji Berry Juice diet. Feeling top of the world!

ormaman333
Juice Expert
Re: Day 1 of 7 (My second juice fast)!
on: February 8, 2017, 07:19

Carrot Apple Celery and Cinnamon ... sounds like a terrific combo. :)

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,