twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3
Author Topic: 60 day Juice only fast/cleanse

indiabella
Juicer
Re: 60 day Juice only fast/cleanse
on: September 16, 2013, 08:26

Had to share with you guys I think it may be too much fruit for the amount of weight I want to lose but I'll probably either add more veggies or up the amount of the ones I'm using I figured out what was making my last recipes taste a bit off it was the zucchini and the broccoli yuck I didn't put cucumber because I didn't have any but I'll probably add that in as well so yummy though try it if u can guys I also added a bit of psyllium husks since I haven't had any movement since I started the fast HAPPY FASTING!! :-)

NEW YUMMY RECIPE:
4 carrots
3 kale
Handful of spinach
Fingerful of mint
1 whole beet
5 strawberries
2 red apples
2 green apples
1 orange
1 kiwi
1 lemon
1 pear
1 celery stalk
1 tomato
Handful Blueberries
Handful Blackberries
1 tsp psyllium husks
1/2 tsp spirulina
1 squirt flax oil
1 scoop of greens

*possibly add more celery, little bit of parsley and a small small piece of ginger

*no zucchini and no broccoli ever

chiwalker
Juicer
chiwalker
on: September 16, 2013, 12:50

As for me, today is way better than yesterday. Yesterday I was swollen, every muscle ached like a SOB, blinding headache, and by evening it was a real effort to juice and clean that darn juicer. How many people here prepare a pitcher of juice for the day? I've been juicing each time I have a meal, and cleaning that @#&#!&% juicer every time is getting old. Have a great Monday, everyone!

LeeLee
Juicer
on: September 16, 2013, 13:50

Day 8 Lets see how this goes. Im fed up with side effects so I finally took an allergy and pain med today.

Chi Walker,
I used to juice individual meals but all in the morning, and I would prepare the vegetables in ziploc baggies the night before. Now I say screw it. Aside from my breakfast drink which has more fruit content, I just make a giant pitcher for the day. My metabolism has definitely increased. 4 juices just aint enough anymore and the best thing to stop a craving is having juice ready to go.

chiwalker
Juicer
chiwalker
on: September 16, 2013, 14:40

Thanks, LeeLee. You do know you can have up six juices a day, each one between 16-20 ounces? I take ibuprofen for pain,too and I used to nasal spray for the runny nose.

LeeLee
Juicer
on: September 16, 2013, 15:03

Yup I know, you can pretty mych have as much as you want. Its just 4 used to do it for me so that's all I would have made in the morning. Im learning lol.

chiwalker
Juicer
chiwalker
on: September 16, 2013, 19:54

Hey, you guys...what do you use to catch the juice when you make a large batch, and do you double the recipe quantities? I'm kinda getting tired of cleaning the darn thing. Also any good all day mostly green recipes for lunch and dinner would be great...thanks!

ladykara
Juicer
on: September 17, 2013, 03:50

This will be short as I'm using my kindle to write this. Lol

Chiwalker: Welcome! I hope this journey makes you feel solo much better. After enduring all that you have, I'm sure you will succeed!
LeeLee: I wish you luck on your outing. I'm sure the anticipation will be the worst part and everything will go smoothly once you actually attend. And congrats on the progress so far!
Indiabella: Thanks for the advice. Congrats on your loss. I hope there is less of you attending your birthday when the time comes around. :)

Today ends day 3 for me. I keep hearing that it's the worst. I hope so because it was pretty smooth sailing. I had a few belly grumbles and a dull headache that lasted maybe 5 minutes. I've learned to just chug the juice and wash it down with water. Even my husband is getting motivated by my weight loss (9.6 lbs this morning) and said if I decide to go another week he is thinking of joining me. I don't plan on weighing myself again until Friday morning, so we shall see what that day brings. :) Have a good night all and here's to the upcoming day 4!

chiwalker
Juicer
chiwalker
on: September 17, 2013, 11:21

Ladykara, I'm on day eight, and days 3-4 were a little hairy--my nose started running, I had a splitting headache(no doubt due to caffeine and sugar withdrawal I was mainlining sugar,lol.) Now it's much better...the only complaint I have is that I get tired of cleaning the juicer. Have you tried adding spices to your green juices? You mentioned chugging them; I really enjoy the taste of most of the recipes, and add spices to the ones that are not so much. Congrats on the weight loss; 9.6 lbs in three days is awesome!

LeeLee, my thoughts are with you on your outing today...I KNOW you will conquer that restaurant challenge and emerge victorious! Let me know how it goes,okay?

chiwalker
Juicer
chiwalker
on: September 17, 2013, 11:33

Indiabella, I do love your name...whether it is screen or real, it is beautiful. As far as bowel movements, the lemon water seems to help a lot; what does result isn't much and pretty much(not to be gross)pudding...sometimes a little more formed. What quantities Kale and spinach are you using...is this an all day recipe? You may need to add more greens for protein. The recipe forum has a great one for spicy Sunset passion, I tried it yesterday; I noticed you used beets in your recipe so you might like that. It had a very interesting taste; they added onions,green peppers and jalapeno to the basic recipe, and the result was nothing short of amazing. Hope this helps

LeeLee
Juicer
on: September 17, 2013, 11:58

ENERGY!!!! Finally! LOL I thought it was a myth and have been sooo tired for the last 3 days. I sprang out of bed so fast I almost fell over. This is amazing! Plus I am down 11 ibs now! All this motivated me so much. It was a morning I needed because last night I had a very vivdlid dream that I gave up and went on a junk food binge.

LeeLee
Juicer
on: September 17, 2013, 12:05

Thank you everyone foe their kind motivating words, they really really help. I love hearing about your journeys!
Ladykara
I am crazy proud of you, because I know it was quite a struggle for you in the beginning. Keep going girl, you are doing so amazing and are an inspiration to your husband and me as well!
Chiwalker.
I usually make a 3 meal recipe with;
3-4 cucumbers
Head of kale
3 carrotes
4 apples
1beet
Half a lemon
Knob of ginger
2 big handfuls of spinach

I like to keep it pretty simple. Then on top of that I have a seperate one fir breakfast. Hope this helps you!

chiwalker
Juicer
chiwalker
on: September 17, 2013, 15:27

Thanks,LeeLee, it helps a lot. If you like beets, try the Spicy Sunset Passion recipe on the recipe forum...it's an updated version of Sunset Passion, and it is crazy good.

awortham1410
Juicer
on: September 17, 2013, 19:14

Just reading your story and you are doing great! I am just starting my 30 day fast and I wanted to ask you what is the "5 day 2 day diet" that you spoke about in your original post. I am hoping to lose at least 30 lbs in 30 days and I have an ultimate goal to lose 60 so I will see how that goes. I started yesterday weighing in at 197.5 and as of this morning I was 192 which was enough inspiration to keep me going. :-)

ladykara
Juicer
on: September 18, 2013, 02:11

Hi all. Awesome job so far. I'm so proud of the progress. Day 4 for me. I've finally hit some cravings. No hunger really, though. I'm craving a chicken salad. :(

indiabella
Juicer
on: September 18, 2013, 12:33

Hey everyone sorry for going M.I.A for a little bit there day 7 for me 15 pounds down I'm between 218-220 so very happy about that my new recipe that I posted earlier is definitely going to need more veggies since I've noticed that since I switched my weight loss has slowed down I may also nix the strawberries since they really don't add much nutritional value just flavor minor knee ache from an old injury but other then that I feel great a TON of energy I can hardly sleep lol as for the 5 day 2 day diet it's basically no carbs and basic healthy eating no heavy sauces etc "nothing white" 5 days a week and then 2 days a week eat as you please you can lose 3 pounds a week on this diet or just maintain a healthy weight my doctor is Jennifer Ashton she has a book that explains the diet further I don't have it but if you need more info on the diet google Dr.Jennifer Ashton+ 5 day 2 day diet she's been on Dr.Oz and had a show called the revolution excellent doctor her advice is always on point. I personally do only all day recipes but I only drink about 2 large cups a day sometimes 3 with this new recipe I definitely agree that it cuts the craving right out to have the juice ready to go I only juice once a day either in the morning or at night so only 1 clean up I couldn't stand having to clean up the mess more then once a day any recommendations on mild flavored veggies to add to the new recipe I posted before I want it stay sweet but be veggie packed I added ginger to it btw and more psyllium and spirulina CONGRATS on all the progress ladies I am so proud of you all and so happy that we are all actually sticking to this you guys are so inspirational for me I've been reading your comments in my email and I love it I also have to say I love that this is a kind of woman's group lol I'll update more tonight HAPPY FASTING LADIES!! :-)

indiabella
Juicer
on: September 18, 2013, 12:34

Added parsley as well and thank you it's a screen name :-)

LeeLee
Juicer
on: September 18, 2013, 17:11

Day 10

Last nights dinner to my surprise worked out as a lot of people didnt order dinner. So I had a hot lemon water and enjoyed the evening with a peaceful mind. I am doing well, but man oh man am I craving pizza. Its my biggest fantasy right now. As of this morning Iam at 174 and have lost 12ibs total. My BMI is now 29.9 so I am no longer categorized as Obese..just fat! Lmao!
I am getting a short notice weekend visit from friends this weekend, one being a guy I am seeing and he likes to cook. So to not be unsocial I think I will break my fast for 3 days, sticking to juice when I can and then return to fasting. I am disappointed by this interuption and odly not lookingforwards to it but I am excited for the weekend festivities to come and will make the best of them.

ladykara
Juicer
on: September 18, 2013, 17:31

Sorry for the short post last night. I've been a little pre-occupied with home life. My dog has been very sick, so I've been keeping an eye on him which meant staying away from the computer. Long winded responses/updates suck when you're using a Kindle :). So, I picked a slow time at work while I work up my desire to drink my juice. I am definitely going to experiment over the weekend on better tasting juices. I think I've decided to steer clear of beets. The smell is a bit overwhelming for me, and reflects in the juice, in my opinion. I have found that it was the cucumber overwhelming me a bit. If my husband jumps on board for my second week, I will probably continue, as long as I at least hit 15 lbs lost on Friday. It's taking all my willpower not to step on that scale. LOL. I want it to be a surprise. I think I should have done a tad more research on the juicing, just in terms of ingredients before my grocery shopping last week. I have learned and will now apply it to my shopping on Friday. OMG food smells are so good right now. It doesn't necessarily make me want to eat them, but I do want to just sit in a cafeteria for a while. Especially chicken smells! I'm also imagining the taste of pizza, but again, it doesn't have me scrambling for one. It's hard to describe. I guess that part of my willpower is intact. I just want to freaking smell it all. Oh! I did try to heat up my "dinner" juice last night and eat it like a soup, with some pepper and cayenne in it. If it weren't for the beets I think it would've been a perfect way for me. I still handled it better than drinking the others, but I know I would've probably savored it had it not been for the beets. I'm going to try it again tonight and see how it goes. I still haven't noticed a large energy increase yet, but I think it's there in little amounts. I guess I'm more willing to get up and do something vs. trying to amp myself up to get up and do it.

LeeLee: Thanks so much for the encouragement. Congrats on the weight loss and I hope you didn't have any more food dreams! I'm anxious to see if I get that big burst of energy like you. I have noticed that I'm more ready to get out of bed, though, even since Monday. Good luck!

Indiabella: Awesome job! Your results let me know that my goals are attainable. You are all so inspiring and what helps me to keep going. I'm getting really excited to see your progress continue on! I do think as soon as I find a recipe that really works for me, I'm going to start making one big thing of juice for the day. Right now, I make my breakfast juice and my 2 that I take to work with me in the morning, and then I come home and later make my last juice. I may end up having the up that to a 5th at some point, I start to feel that little hunger creep in a tad sooner each day.

Chiwalker: I hope to hear about your progress shortly. I'm sure you are doing great!

Ta ta for now, ladies. :)

ladykara
Juicer
on: September 18, 2013, 17:34

LeeLee,

I am so glad the dinner went so well for you. I'm right there with you on dreaming of pizza. I was thinking of it just yesterday as Papa Johns constantly sends us 50% off deals and it makes you want to before they're full price again. LOL. Hang in there. Don't be too discouraged about breaking your fast for a bit. Just remember portion control! That's my biggest issue. Even when I'm hungry I will still sit there until everything is eaten. Hopefully, you don't have that problem. Good luck!

chiwalker
Juicer
chiwalker
on: September 19, 2013, 03:47

lLadykara, sorry about your dog. I's tough when pets get sick as they can't really tell us what's wrong. I tend to find that cukes you have to be careful with; lots of times if a recipe calls for a whole one I'll do half because it makes too much juice, so I start with half and adjust accordingly,since that's the thing I usually add last. Maybe that will help. Seems to be a learning curve with this thing. I'm doing well on the fast, down 8 lbs and today is day 9. Hard to tell otherwise, as my other half has given me this nasty bug he came down with; he has chills, fever, body aches and coughs constantly. I don't have chills, but I have the body ache, sore throat, burning chest, and I just want comfort stuff. Hard to handle the juice; tonight I added extra garlic to kill the bug; instead it almost killed me! I want hot beverages, right now I'm sipping decaf coffee and I added a little comfort to it; sweet n low and fat free cream...I know, it's not a good idea. but it's better than diving into the snacks and candy. I just want something warm and comforting...any ideas? On smelling food--I can handle that okay, but all the recipes my friends and family post on Facebook are killing me! I saw one for buttery biscuits today that made my eyes glaze over and my vision dim...I had a MOMENT of estatic holy communion, we were one, I almost clicked the mouse to save that recipe and make it(super easy, too)but heavenly intervention came, not in a vision but in the lack of a crucial ingredient: bisquik! Imagine, saved by a box of bisquik. Not a staple in our house, thank god. lol.

LeeLee, thanks for the recipe. The one I dreamed up today was just awful, not only did it look like sludge, it tasted like it, too. Even worse, I added a lot of garlic to fight this bug my hubby gave me, and it just got worse. I'm sure it's super healthy and packed with vitmins, but the taste, well...think I'll leave the recipe making to the experts! So your dinner went well, I'm glad. Super proud of you, sweetheart. Love your name btw. Is that your real name? Good luck this weekend, I'm sure you'll be ok...just eat like a food critic or a chef, small portions, eat slowly and savour. But have a lot of good times with your friends...I hate short notice visits, especially if I'm a certain mode like we are now. But it's great to see people...but just enjoy the people instead of all the food.

Indiabella, what about lets see...romaine is about the blandest green I can think of...I was thinking more green beans, they aren't as strong flavored as beets...yellow squash is nearly tasteless unless it's cooked and seasoned. sweet potato will add sweetness, but it's not too bad. Sounds like Dr Ashton as a good plan; I may look into it after the fast. I've seen her on a lot of talk shows. I am so mixing up everything in the morning; I hate cleaning that thing 3 times a day. Tonight I added extra garlic to combat this damn but my spouse has given me, and I just felt too lousy to clean it right away though I soaked it, and I'm hoping the garlic smell fades by morning, or my breakfast drink is going to be epic! Congrats on the weight loss, and I envy you the energy boost. I AM feeling better in a lot of ways, but this flu thingy is kinda warping the positives for a while...I just wanna hot sweet comforting drink*sigh*. I have some really good Tazo tea Chai that is sweet and spicy; that should do. Right now sipping an illegal cup of decaf coffee with fat free cream and sweetener. Not a big bad, it could be those biscuits I was slobbering over...lol. 'Night, my friends, sleep tight and dream of weight loss and skinny jeans, not pizza.

indiabella
Juicer
on: September 19, 2013, 04:23

Chiwalker: She's amazing I've been going to her since I was 14 and its been great seeing her advance and the diet is really doable I did it in the past but I just don't have patience for long term weight loss I want to lose it and then maintain it lol I personally suggest tea and juice while your sick try oregano tea it's great for flu like symptoms and sick stomachs tastes gross but it works I actually like the taste of the beets I'm gonna mix in some romaine and radishes but I'll try the yellow squash tmmrw i just want it to taste sweet and fruity but be mostly veggie so my weight loss picks up again is sweet potato a veggie? Will it add carbs? I definitely had a bout of cravings today omg what is it with pizza on this fast Im not even big on pizza lol and then the Chinese food craving lol but I juiced it up and kept it moving :-) today has been a little rough looking forward to it being over and moving into Day 8 week 2 :-) HAPPY FASTING LADIES :-) AND REMEMBER BIKINI BIKINI BIKINI

LeeLee
Juicer
on: September 19, 2013, 17:42

Day 11!
Feeling good but woke up at 4 am with an extremely noisy stomach that didn't let me sleep. Gave it some water and it eventually calmed down after gurgling for another 30 mins. Even though, I still do have a good level of energy. Today is my last full day on juice, till my company comes. I think portion control will be easy. I'm craving food a lot, but im not craving a lot of food, if you know what I mean. I fantasize about pizza but I feel like I would be very satiated with half a slice. That is one huge difference,  before I was a big binge eater and when I wanted food I wanted a whole cow. I am thankful for the juice fast just for that! I cant beleive how amazing it is in so many ways.
Ladykara
 Good luck this weekend with experimenting with juices. Unfortunately cucumbers are in everyJuice because it seems to be the main liquid base, its not overpouring with nutrients like the other veggies. Try something else liquidous. Apples, tomatoes and celery give a lot of juice. I am very sorry about your dog, I have been there. I hope you stay with us even after you hit day 7. I will miss you, I feel like we have become a clan!
 Chiwalker     
So sorry to hear you are sick. Very proud of you for powering through it! I understand wanting comfort. Simple hot water does it for me. Keep at it with the tea. As for Garlic, try a shot, so your not affecting your whole drink. It'll be vile. Have something nearby to wash it down. And Lee is part of my real name, so some people call me Lee Lee. 
Indiabella                
 Congrats on day 8! 1 week down, it only gets easier. Yes sweet potato is a veggie and yes it is full of carbs. Alls fruits and veggies are considered predominantly a source of carbs. Don't think of Carbs as a bad word.

Thank you so much ladies for your support and motivation! Keep going!

LeeLee
Juicer
on: September 19, 2013, 17:58

P.S. Here is a gret link for nutrional content of food (included carb composition). Check it out, very informative.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2626/2

ladykara
Juicer
on: September 19, 2013, 20:00

Hi ladies,

Things are going better with the dog. He is eating again and greeting us at the door. I think by this weekend we will wish he was moping about again. That dog is generally full of way too much energy. LOL.

Chiwalker: So sorry to hear you are sick. EVIL HUSBANDS! It seems like everyone is getting sick around here these days. So many people calling into my work and even having to go to the ER. Must be a very nasty bug. I hope you get better very fast! I still just want to sit where food is being cooked and smell it all. It sounds so pitiful, but the good thing is I don't believe I would cave and eat any of it. Your hiccup with the garlic reminds me of one of my juices I made on Sunday. I decided to put in a Serrano pepper to spice it up. Well, I put in the whole thing. WOW! That definitely distracted me from the flavor. :)

Indiabella: Oh man, yes, pizza is the devil right now. My problem is that my belly would tell me I'm full, but my brain would say, "Keep eating, it's not all gone." I actually wonder if I was conditioned that way. Most parents would tell their children to eat everything on their plates. I was a good child. :) Good luck on week 2! Hopefully it gets easier from here on out for you.

LeeLee: Thanks for the link. I will have to check that out tonight when I get home. Good luck on your weekend of visitors. As I was telling Indiabella, I would gorge myself on food. Even if I was full. I don't know if I will ever get out of that mentality, but seeing as you have sort of the same issue and you're losing that desire, I have some hope for myself.

Day 6 here. Almost weigh-in time! I THINK my husband is gearing himself up to start juicing. I'm assuming if he does he will start on Saturday. *whispers* I'll let you in on his progress too if it happens. :) I have decided that even if I do continue another week, I'm eating a real dinner on Friday. Nothing major, just a chicken salad or chef's salad from Jason's Deli and a strawberry shortcake. It may turn into a 2 sitting meal, but I'm going to reward myself. That will probably be a normal occurrence for however long I plan on juicing. Oh, some benefits I have noticed: I think my skin is looking better. I don't think it was getting dry, exactly, but I had some white patches on my arms lately. They are gone. I had back surgery a couple of years ago and I have trouble standing for extended periods because my back would get weak and then I would have to sit for a while to rest it. This was especially noticeable when I would do dishes. I would end up leaning on the counter to hold myself up while I did them. I would then have to do my normal sit on the couch for about 30 minutes afterwards. This week, I've been perfectly fine while doing the dishes and I do not feel the need to rest my back after, either. That is a BIG plus for me. My next goal is for my knees not to cause me so much pain while going up and down the stairs. Well, take care ladies and I will talk to you again tomorrow!

ladykara
Juicer
on: September 19, 2013, 20:06

dupe post, sorry

Pages: 1 2 3

Tags: , , , ,