twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2
Author Topic: 30+ Day Juice Fast - Whos With Me?! January 2014

shell1226
Juicer
shell1226
30+ Day Juice Fast - Whos With Me?! January 2014
on: January 24, 2014, 18:03

Hi all,

My name is Rachelle. I am new to this forum, but not new to juicing.

I've gained a bit of weight this year and juicing is the perfect way for me to get back to healthy eating and feel well. I have 35 lbs. to lose...the 25 I gained plus 10 more. I am getting married on March 15th, so it is my goal to lose at least 25 lbs. by then. I want to do at least 30 days...perhaps longer

I am starting this 30+ day fast on Sunday, January 26. I was going start on February 1st, buy why wait?

Anyone want to join me?

jasmin
Juicer
Re: 30+ Day Juice Fast - Whos With Me?! January 2014
on: January 26, 2014, 00:10

Hey Rachelle, I started on the 20th, but we can journey together:) Best of luck!

sheka220
Juicer
sheka220
on: January 26, 2014, 00:20

Hi Rachelle!

I'm in with you. Today is already January 26th for me because I live in Guam and we are 15 hours ahead of the east coast. So far, I've already juiced my first meal! But I'm in with you. We can do this!!!

Sheka 😀

saturn_jinx36
Juicer
saturn_jinx36
on: January 26, 2014, 02:03

Hi I'll do it with u I started on the 21 . Larrie

shell1226
Juicer
shell1226
on: January 26, 2014, 15:29

Awesome! We can all support each other on this journey.
Today is day 1 for me. So far, I am feeling really good and optimistic. Have had two juices so far tody. I know I'm just gonna love this!

Starting weight: 175 lbs.
Starting pant size: 12

Here's to our progress!
Rachelle

shell1226
Juicer
shell1226
on: January 26, 2014, 15:30

Quote from jasmin on January 26, 2014, 00:10
Hey Rachelle, I started on the 20th, but we can journey together:) Best of luck!

Nice to meet you, Jasmin! We can do this...together!

shell1226
Juicer
shell1226
on: January 26, 2014, 15:30

Nice to meet you both, Saturn and Sheka.

Good luck on this journey. We are going to be so much healthier after this.

cattlecrawl
Juicer
cattlecrawl
on: January 27, 2014, 12:02

OH SAAAWEET!!!!! I found a GROUP! YAY! Im new, and new to juicing, so I think it will be real helpful to get into a group thats somewhat on their way, this way I might not stumble as much.

Im having my first breakfast juice, with apples, blueberries, grapes, spinach, cucumber and some ginger. The taste really isnt bad, I like the cool flavor of the cucumber mixed in.

I was a typical SAD eater so im sure detox is going be nasty. I am quite overweight, 194.5 lbs and I need to get down to 140. I wear a size 12 in levis jeans, but I find them gettign tighter lately,,,hmmmm shrinking jeans?? LOL. I dont tihnk so. I am pretty active, we have cattle and horses and yard birds that need tending and cleaning everyday so that keeps me quite busy. Im 45 with no little kids around so I dont hav eot worry about making meals for anyone but myself my husband and the handicapped lady we take care of. I live in maine, which is VERY cold right now so keeping warm kills some calories! IM in if you will take me! I think ill need some encouraging support in the next few days. Ill take small bites, 7 days at a time.

Becca

Start date, 01/27/14
Current weight, 194.5
Goal weight, 140 works.
Height 5' 5".
Lives on farm with Cattle, horses, yardbirds and rabbits.
Life is good and life is BUSY!

shell1226
Juicer
shell1226
on: January 27, 2014, 14:14

So nice to meet you, Becca! I'm so glad you decided to join us.

I hear ya about the cold. I'm in New Jersey and we've been in the single digits. I'm also looking to get down to 140 lbs. Looks like we are the same height. I'm between a size 10-12 jeans, and I was a size 8 at 150 lbs., so I'm thinking that 140 lbs. will put me in a size 6 and I think that will be perfect.

Rachelle

shell1226
Juicer
shell1226
on: January 27, 2014, 14:16

Today's juice:
1. Strawberry, grape, spinach
2. Carrot, apple, ginger
3. Lemon ginger blast (this is always my favorite)

Keep juicing gang. We are on the road to good health and a small body.

Rachelle

jasmin
Juicer
on: January 27, 2014, 17:32

Happy Juicing Day everyone!!

Here is my first week stat, I'll post one every monday. This week I am DOWN 13.8lbs!! Wow, I have never lost so much in one week before!! I have given lots of thought to this though. It was tough! I've vamped my plan today, although I still haven't had any solids, going forward I'm going to do this modified, juicing all day and having a light meal for dinner. I'll likely still have 1-2 full juicing day's per week, but this is seriously killing me, and I think that going forward I'll be able to still lose doing this. (and i'll be less likely to just give up:) I'm hoping to lose about 75 lbs total, so still about 60 to go. Have a great juicing day:)

cattlecrawl
Juicer
cattlecrawl
on: January 27, 2014, 18:09

Thank you Rachelle! 😀

Jasmin AMAZING 😛 13 lbs in a week! Sweet! Thats not a bad number at all.

Sheka, you got me by a day too. How is your second day going?

Saturn, you have a big headstart. Hows it going for you, any tips?

Im on my 3rd juice, its the green one in Donnies list. I wont lie and say its my favorite, its missing something but I wont waste it. Green is good 😛 !!!

Ill glady do a daily check in the first week, as far as what im juicing and any big changes.

Have fun ALL!

This is the only day one picture I could find. 😯

Dont ask about the weard expression, LOL, I have no idea what I was doing with my mouth!

Laterz!

Becca

Start date, 01/27/14
Current weight, 194.5
Goal weight, 140 works.
Height 5' 5".

shell1226
Juicer
shell1226
on: January 27, 2014, 18:26

Quote from jasmin on January 27, 2014, 17:32
Happy Juicing Day everyone!!

Here is my first week stat, I'll post one every monday. This week I am DOWN 13.8lbs!! Wow, I have never lost so much in one week before!! I have given lots of thought to this though. It was tough! I've vamped my plan today, although I still haven't had any solids, going forward I'm going to do this modified, juicing all day and having a light meal for dinner. I'll likely still have 1-2 full juicing day's per week, but this is seriously killing me, and I think that going forward I'll be able to still lose doing this. (and i'll be less likely to just give up:) I'm hoping to lose about 75 lbs total, so still about 60 to go. Have a great juicing day:)

Wow, Jasmin! What a great start! You should be so proud of yourself. Why don't you try adding another juice or two to your day? I would hate to see you give up when you are already past the hard part.

Honestly, when it comes down to it, you did splendidly. While you ae still trying to lose, why don't you add a veggie meal in the evening..either raw or cooked. I know when I've done raw food for a bit, I didn't lose as quickly, but I did lose. I think you have a great start and it sounds like you have a plan in place.

Please keep posting on your progress. I'm going to post my stats on Mondays as well.

Happy juicing!
Rachelle

shell1226
Juicer
shell1226
on: January 27, 2014, 18:29

Becca, is it the Green Machine that you made?
I make a similar drink. I would put an entire cucumber and also add a lemon. It's amazing what lemon can do for a juice! Also try it without the carrot. I sometimes find that the carrot throws the taste off in a green juice.

Happy juicing!
Rachelle

jasmin
Juicer
on: January 28, 2014, 09:28

Thanks for the support guys:)

Becca, you look like a happy mama:) Hope your first day went well!

Rachelle, thanks for the tips. I did end up having a homemade tomato soup, so not too far off of juicing. I found I just felt really weak, and lightheaded. I wasn't hungry, just weak. We'll see how this goes, it's hard to give up the fast weight loss of juicing. Maybe I didn't give it enough time cause today I did feel better, but I went to a karate class (I skipped it all last week), and I felt like I was going to pass out. I did have an extra juice (carrot, golden beet, and orange, a 1/3 of each) about an hour before the class, thinking it would give me extra energy. So I don't know, I'll tweak as it goes.

This is my green go to recipe in case anyone wants to try it, it makes a quart, and I try to drink the whole thing everyday.

1 head romaine
1 long english cucumber
2 granny smith apples
handful of baby kale (or spinach)
1/2 lemon
1/2 head of celery (or about 8-9 sticks)
1-1/2" knob of ginger

Happy juicing:)

shell1226
Juicer
shell1226
on: January 28, 2014, 11:32

Jasmin, I think you have a good plan here. That juice looks wonderful. I think the key here is to make sure you are drinking green juices a lot. That is where we are going to get a lot of our protein.

I was a bit tired this morning for my morning workout (I'm doing T25 and I love it). I made my juices for the day, and I'm adding another quart of green juice.

Day 3 of juice fast. Feeling good.
Today's juice:
1. Carrot, apple, ginger
2. 2 quarts of lemon ginger blast...love this stuff
Not sure what I'll have for dinner yet. I've been satisfied with just 3 quarts of juice a day.

Everyone have a great day...and keep warm if you are dealing with winter weather.

Happy juicing!
Rachell

cattlecrawl
Juicer
cattlecrawl
on: January 28, 2014, 14:12

DAY 1 😕 bwwaaaaaahhhhhhhh, lol. Lets just say, im glad its over!

DAY 2 is here, it will get easier as my body adjusts. 😉

Mornings are definatly the easiest. Im also very busy in the mornings which helps. Animals need feeding and thats where im headed right after this post. Cows are crying, horses are looking, im a little late today, im usualy out there by 8 am. Today im a little slack. Thats ok, that too will pass.

Rachelle, it was the mean green drink I had yesterdya and really didnt like it, the breshetta would be good with less garlic, so ill try it again with LESS garlic. I made my own recipe today, the other ones really werent flavorful enough. I used strawberries, banana, pineapple, apple, spinach, and I forgot the ginger.

Jasmine, I tend to be a happy person in general , I owe alot of that to my animals, they are just incredible stress relievers. The little boy on the horse is my Grandson and the big guy next to the horse is my son. That was his first time on a horse and we had a hard time getting him off him, he loved it! Sounds like you spiced things up a bit to help keep you on track, good luck. I think tweaking it to fit our personal likes and dislikes makes a huge difference.

So, the drink I made today was a little thicker and im chalking that up to the banana, they dont juice well at all but the flavor was exactly what I needed.

Good Morning to everyone else! 😀 😀

Sheka! Larrie!! How are you doing? :)

Becca

Start date, 01/27/14
Current weight, 194.5
Goal weight, 140 works.
Height 5' 5".

Judith
Juicer
on: January 28, 2014, 15:40

Rachelle, Jasmine, Sheka, Larrie and Becca: can you take one more in the group? I finally had the courage to weigh myself this morning and the scale hit 192 lbs. I went online looking for a health drink and found Donnie's site. I started right away so January 28th is day 1 for me as I aim for 7 days then 30 then 60. But one day at a time... I'm great at big plans that's how I got this way.

I'm 5'7 and my target is 154lbs. so far so good. It's evening and I'm about to make my dinner juice. They taste great and no hunger battles yet. Talk tomorrow.

Judith

cattlecrawl
Juicer
cattlecrawl
on: January 28, 2014, 19:10

AND BANG another one has hit! Welcome Judith!

Grab a juicer and have a seat. One day at a time.

Becca

Start date, 01/27/14
Current weight, 194.5
Goal weight, 140 works.
Height 5' 5".

Chelle04
Juicer
on: January 28, 2014, 20:42

I hope there is room for one more ladies!

I've posted a thread regarding my juicing experience thus far, I figured joining your group will really help me stick to my juicing goals altogether! My plan is to juice for two weeks. I will take it day by day afterwards if I have not reached my goal weight.

I am a 23 yr old female, 5'4 and 155 lbs. I have my insecurities about my body as I am a single mother but I still have my post baby belly, it will not go away! So I think this juicing experience will really help me with my bad eating habits and getting back in shape. I started Juicing on 24 Jan 14 but I would like to start over because I've cheated and I feel very bad about it and I want a fresh start!

Judith
Juicer
on: January 29, 2014, 15:03

Hey, Chelle, don't let anything make you quit. And you have the advantage of a youthful metabolism. Make it work for you. On day 2, I started off great, but I got stuck away from my juicer between noon and four in the afternoon. The hunger was real and I had to make a decision on what to eat. So I took a bowl of lentil soup from a restaurant with 2 slices of brown bread. It's evening and I am back home with my juice. A setback, but gotta keep going.

I'm still counting it as day 2 coz if I start over I might get derailed. No fresh starts, girl.

Judith

Judith
Juicer
on: January 31, 2014, 15:41

Hey what happened to everyone? Anyone still juicing? I'm ending my day 4. I weighed myself after day 3 and I was down 2 kilos! This has never happened ever in the past on the millions of diets I have been on, so now I am a believer. Hardest part is perhaps the evenings, when life slows down. I just washed some strawberries and they find their way into my mouth mysteriously.... At least they were fruits.

I'm wondering how the weekend will be.

Judith

thelmav89
Juicer
on: January 31, 2014, 18:33

HELLO EVERYONE (NEW JUCIER)....
NICE TO MEET YOU ALL, I AM CURRENTLY ON DAY 1 OF JUICIING. HAD MY BREAKFAST & LUNCH, I AM AT WORK AT THE MOMENT AND HONESTLY I DO HAVE A HEADACHE BUT FIGHTING THROUGHT DAY 1! DOES IT GET EASIER? ITS AMAZING TO READ EVERYONE'S RESULTS SO FAR. VERY ENCOURAGING. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL :)

Hiro
Juicer
on: February 1, 2014, 20:40

Hello, I would like to join your group as well. I hard about juicing from a guy who works at Costco. He was giving sample of bread and he told me by doing juicing he lost about 50 lbs. Since then I have research about juicing and I decided to start from Feb,1st. I just started today and I am going to try for 60 days. I need your help so that I can stay on focus and achieve my goal. (Sorry,,,English is second language for me) Judith that is great you lost 2 kg with in 3days. I got cold last month and lost 3 kg and gained all back after eating!

Chelle04
Juicer
on: February 3, 2014, 17:14

Good Morning All!!! Welcome to the group! And congrats Judith, you give me strengh! Thank you also for the words of encouragement! I took your advice and moved on. I'm still having a bit of struggle as I find the most difficult times of sticking to my juicing to be in the evening, when I have to cook for my son, as well as if I am not in a good mood.

But I know I can do this, just have to discipline myself. So far I have not lost anyweight :-( I'm sure with time I will get there. I'm not going to set a goal time, just going to go by my weight loss goal. So today was ok Juiced for B-Fast and Lunch. Is it okay that for the snack in between that I snack on fruits and veggies? I will get my 4 16-20 oz of juicing in before the day is over. I find that easier for me as I am always on the go! Thank you ladies

Pages: 1 2

Tags: , , , ,