twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: 30 - 40 Day Juice Fast: Here goes nothing...

Mrs.Brewster
Juicer
Mrs.Brewster
30 - 40 Day Juice Fast: Here goes nothing...
on: September 14, 2016, 19:58

Today marks day 9 of my 30 - 40 day juice fast. I'm nervous...

In the past, I've done a couple of Master Cleanses per year - all successfully - but those are only 10 day fasts. Juice fasting has been a different challenge for me, mostly involving preparation, yet I love the variety of fruits and veggies I get to drink on a daily basis.

Today, I'm feeling great but yesterday (day 8) and Sunday (day 7) were really tough. The detox was REAL. I had absolutely no energy - not even to go to the store and stock up on produce but luckily, I had enough to tide me over. I also had a serious sinus draining all day Sunday - blew my nose until it was sore. As stated, I feel great today though and hope it gets better from here on out - although I know there are detox possibilities down the road.

Stats: 5'10"
Starting Weight (9/6/16) - 238
Weight Today: 227
Skin is looking amazing (former acne sufferer but still obsessed with skin)

Motivating factors for this fast: Release weight (to never be seen again), improve skin tone, hydradenitis suppurativa control (skin boils, which are really toxins trying to escape), and seeking the mental clarity and sharpness I keep hearing about.

Wish me luck!

Mrs.Brewster
Juicer
Mrs.Brewster
Re: 30 - 40 Day Juice Fast: Here goes nothing...
on: September 21, 2016, 22:51

Day 16: 9/21/16
223lbs
Total Lost: 15lbs
Feeling so/so
I was tired this morning but felt better as the day moved on. I'd really like to start incorporating walking and/or Yoga but I haven't had as much energy as I thought I would have. During this time period (a little over two weeks), I've had more tired days than energetic. Looking forward to that energy everyone speaks of and I will continue to juice until I experience that high.

Mrs.Brewster
Juicer
Mrs.Brewster
on: September 28, 2016, 00:33

Day 22: 9/27/16
219lbs
Total Lost: 19lbs
I've been feeling great lately. I feel mentally alert although at times, I get tired every now and then. I've also been having sinus draining and had a couple of boils surface. Clearly, I'm still having cleansing reactions. I'm nervous about incorporating a workout because I don't want to over exert myself but I'd like to start doing SOMETHING. I have a rebounder that's been collecting dust. I'll take that out and get moving. I'd stopped releasing pounds for a few days last week. I believe that's attributed to me not being hungry so i've been drinking less however, I did a few coffee enemas and the pounds started dropping again. This is an interesting experience and sheds a spotlight on food dependency. I'm confident I can go 40 days and possibly, 50 or 60. Let's see what happens...

Mrs.Brewster
Juicer
Mrs.Brewster
on: October 7, 2016, 15:27

Day 31: 10/7/16 :-)
215lbs
Total Lost: 23 lbs
Still feeling good however, I am still detoxing. There are many days where I experience sinus drainage, still have acne breakouts here and there and I got a boil last week. I'm still planning on going 40 days and contemplating going even longer. I'd like to keep going until I stop detoxing for at least a week, but is this possible or do some people detox throughout their fasts? If I plan to go past 40 days, I will need to find some new green juices to drink so that I can provide my body with variety but I know I may have to sacrifice taste for this.

I am so proud of myself for taking this leap. This was a true test of self control. I've gone to two concerts, and two other social gatherings where I was not tempted to try eat. I felt fully committed to completing this fast. I found it funny how co-workers would ask, "Is that all you're going to have??" and my response was, "This green juice has more nutrients that anything you've had to eat all week." At my job, we tend to always have food - breakfast foods (including bacon, sausage, biscuits, eggs, etc...) and lunch. I used to indulge every day. When you don't take part in the indulgence (by not doing what everyone else is doing), it's as if something is wrong with you for blazing your own trail. Ha! I am definitely one who's always done her own thing - no apologies...

I'll check back in next week. Hoping to kick my physical activity up another notch but not super concerned with that nor weight loss anymore...

Mrs.Brewster
Juicer
Mrs.Brewster
on: October 19, 2016, 14:13

Day 40 was this past Sunday - the 16th (today is Wednesday October 19th for those who are reading this at some point in the future :-) )

210lbs
Total Lost: 28lbs

I feel soooo accomplished. I am slowly attempting to break the fast. I've been exploring Vegetarian, Pescatarian, Vegan, and Electric Vegan options. I do not plan to go back to the way I was eating before. I've gotten to a point where I can see food, admire it and acknowledge that its not for me anymore. On Monday, I had my normal mean green juice and a pomegranate/grapefruit/orange juice - 16oz each. Late afternoon I had a small cup of Lentil soup. I really just wanted the broth but had a little of the Lentils. I immediately wanted to go to the bathroom! O_O Must take it slow... Oddly enough, I didn't really have to go, maybe my stomach was dancing at the taste of solid foods?

I also had a smoothie (banana, coconut water, coconut meat, blueberries and pepitas (pumpkin seeds)). It was very filling and I was stuffed for the day. I like that I can eat very little and feel satisfied. I'd like to stay in this lane (eating small portions) indefinitely but as I work out more, I believe my body will require more fuel. Yesterday, I still had a couple of juices and later, tried to eat some vegan chili - it was too much, too soon. I only had a few bites - literally - and I was sick for several hours. Admittedly, I did not make the chili myself so I don't really know what seasonings were in it. I went home and made my own amazing Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Basil soup. It was great and I felt great after eating it. It was like a puree, so it wasn't chunky. I'll also make some split pea soup with red potatoes and then remove the potatoes when I'm ready to eat it.

I'm excited about the next steps in my journey. Hope all you lurkers have started or successfully finished an extended juice fast - it is truly rewarding...

ormaman333
Juice Expert
on: February 8, 2017, 07:14

hope you do well. take each day one step at a time.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,