twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3
Author Topic: 3 Day Group Fast starting on Monday 5/20

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: 3 Day Group Fast starting on Monday 5/20
on: May 20, 2013, 16:06

Mitche50, welcome! Congrats on quitting smoking! That's a tough accomplishment. If you can do that you can surely juice!

Lizerdmama, The only factor in keeping the weight off is your will power to maintain healthy eating habits. It will come back if you go back to bad eating habits regardless of how fast or slow you lose it. Go for just juice and you won't regret it. After all, it's only 3 days to a great healthy start. Keep us posted.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

cynmarie71
Juicer
on: May 20, 2013, 20:12

Wot woot!!!! Go juice....happy Monday

Cyn

pdinasaurus
Juicer
pdinasaurus
on: May 20, 2013, 22:01

So...this is definitely tricky. I work in a pizza shop and when the wings came out of the oven today I was so tempted. I stayed with my juice though. But days aren't going to be the rough part for me, it's the evenings I'm dreading (I am always more hungry in the evening for some reason). I am really excited to be making this change, I just hope I have enough willpower to make is all the way through!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 20, 2013, 22:40

You have the willpower to do it pdinasaurus! Just remember that hunger is how your body tells you it NEEDS nutrients. You get those nutrients in your juice. Cravings are how your mind tells you to eat something based on your old eating habits. Once you can differentiate the two things become easier. We are here for you!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

corpusmae
Juice Professional
on: May 20, 2013, 23:43

Good evening and prayers to the people in Oklahoma. Wanted to clarify my meds that I got off, my doctor told me to only take it when needed so I am following instructions Donnie, but again I am going for bloodwork on Friday and will see my doctor on Tuesday so I am being monitored. Just got off treadmill, only doing 30 minutes- but want to be consistent. My shorts are getting looser, good news. Another day almost over, will make my juice in a bit. Remember you'll get through the first 3 days, then it will get better. Good night everyone!

Rhea
Juicer
on: May 21, 2013, 01:39

Hi there! I'm new to juicing but am going to join in tomorrow! I will start with the 3 days but planning doing at least 14 days or more!!! I feel sluggish & "dirty" inside! I'm excited to start sorry I'm a day late

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 21, 2013, 01:54

No worries Rhea! Just glad you can join us! I know that sluggish & dirty feeling you mentioned. It's bad and I feel so relieved after I've juiced for a few days. I'm sure after a day or two you'll also start to feel that relief along with all the other benefits of juicing!

Laura
Juice Professional
Laura
on: May 21, 2013, 01:59

Whew...it's been a long day! I made myself a little treat of pineapple and carrot juice as a snack when I finally got home, before making my dinner juice. Beats the heck out of grabbing a bag of chips or a carton of ice cream out of the freezer and ending the day bloated. In any case, it's one day down, two more to go. Happy juicing everyone!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 21, 2013, 03:54

Hey Laura! I had a good day of juicing. 5 juices total today and it was plenty. I'm feeling good, full, and very positive. I love how juicing gives me a positive feeling throughout the day. One day down, and a few more to go. I think I'll go for 5 days this time around. Anyone with me?

mitche50
Juicer
on: May 21, 2013, 13:17

I'm aiming to reach 5, hopefully I can stick it through. Was extremely hungry last night around 9, that was the only real challenge for me. Hopefully my body gets used to it and I'm not quite as uncomfortable tonight. I had 4 16-20oz juices and a bunch of water. I think my girlfriend and I are going to run down our local stores kale supplies by the end of the week.

Rhea
Juicer
on: May 21, 2013, 13:37

Good Morning! I just made myself the MEAN GREEN JUICE & I'm pleasantly surprised by the the sweet flavour, my husband was as well he even wants to start a juice fast when he gets home from a business outing! As well my 3 year old daughter helped me make the juice & I gave her a little in a cup, she seems to like it! I think partly due to the fact that she helped & thought it was COOL! But whatever works! Question...should I still take my vitamin D & B and Omega 3's?

Laura
Juice Professional
Laura
on: May 21, 2013, 14:46

Good morning! I get a day off from work today and am enjoying my breakfast juice. I'll make another juice with some protein powder whisked in to take with me for after my workout at the gym. So far, so good this time. It might even be a little easier than the last two fasts. I'm only going 3 days, though! Maybe 4...

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 21, 2013, 16:44

Congrats everyone for getting through the first day! It's truly an amazing milestone and sets the path for the next few days. Just stay strong and replicate what you did yesterday to make it through the next few days. It only gets easier from here on out!

Remember, hunger and cravings are different and you'll come to notice the difference the longer you juice. Put those cravings in their place and don't give in to them!

Mitche, good job in not giving into those late night cravings! 5 Days will go by fast, just stay focused and repeat to yourself that you will do just juice for those 5 days. Funny about the Kale, I've emptied my local stores supply on a few occasions haha.

Rhea, the flavor combos that you can come up with are pretty amazing! That's great that you're getting the family involved. I often have my sons help me out. They get the biggest kick out of throwing produce down the shoot and watching the juice come out. They even enjoy the juices that they make. It's win win for all of us. I would avoid taking any vitamins as you'll be getting plenty from the juice. Save your vitamins for when your off the fast.

Laura, Enjoy your day off! You sure deserve one! I find that juice fasting gets so much easier each time you do it. I have to force myself to stop and go back to solids after a while once I get to my target weight. Have fun at the gym, I'll check back in later.

lizerdmama
Juicer
lizerdmama
on: May 21, 2013, 19:56

Hi everyone :) Just wanted to tune in, today's my Day 3, although I did have a light dinner last night. Aiming for all juice today and tonight, night's are the hardest for me because I'm so used to eating a hearty dinner. Had a great trip to the farmers market today, and restocked on all my yummy greens, especially kale. Decided after yesterday to cut back on the amount of carrots and apples I'm using, and keeping it all greens today. I may do a sweet carrot/apple/beet juice right before my work out tonight, for some extra oomph!
One thing that I'm worried about though is if I just do green juices, then I won't be getting enough calories for the day. I'm averaging that each 16 oz green juice is about 150-200 calories, so 4-5 of those a day would only be 750- 1000 calories, not a comfortable range for my activity level. (I prefer to have 1200-1500). I suppose I could just double up on the recipes, and drink 32 oz instead of 16...
Oh and I wanted to add one little thing I've learned- if you're juicing something a little harder to extract, like leafy greens or something, it helps to put a really juicy thing in right after, to sort of push out all the extra juice from the first thing. Ex- whenever I juice my kale, I find that if I throw in some celery or cucumber right after, or even with the kale, I seem to get more of the kale juice out. Hope that makes sense

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 21, 2013, 21:31

Lizerdmama, granny smith apples are your best bet. They have the lowest amount of sugar out of all the varieties of apples.

You're right on! I always save the cucumber for last due to the fact it pushes everything else out.

Congrats on Day 3, just make sure you're feeling good for your activity level. Keep Juicing!

mcdoulble8
Juicer
on: May 21, 2013, 22:47

Yes I started my 3 day juice fast on Monday-May 20,2013. I feel much better in this fast than my last fast which was longer, i was weak and feverish and I lost 10 pounds of water weight. This short fast I feel very energetic, I change some of the recommended ingredients to suite my needs, this morning-05/21/2013 Tuesday, I juiced :) various leafy greens with fresh pineapple and a orange. My drink was filled with vitamin A, chlorophyll, vitamin C, Potassium and Calcium. :)

pdinasaurus
Juicer
pdinasaurus
on: May 22, 2013, 00:10

Made it through another day! I can definitely feel the cravings though. Just sticking with it and I know it will get better.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 22, 2013, 02:05

Mcdoulble8, That is fantastic! It's always best to change up the recipes according to what you like, and what works best for you. Plus half the fun of juicing is coming up with new recipes!

Pdinasaurus, Congrats on another day! Just stick with it, and you'll hit your goal soon enough!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 22, 2013, 02:07

Day 2 is just about over everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful day and stayed on the juice! I know it's tempting and you probably want to take a bite out of something but there's only one day left and let's finish this out strong!

Laura
Juice Professional
Laura
on: May 22, 2013, 03:01

Two down, one to go. Today was harder, probably because I had a great workout at the gym this morning and lifting weights always makes me hungry. Ravenous, really. But I made a lot of extra juice, drank a lot of really amazingly delicious Ruby Red Chai sun-brewed iced tea, and stayed strong. See you all tomorrow!

mitche50
Juicer
on: May 22, 2013, 15:36

Hey guys,

I ran into some trouble. I usually make 2 16oz juices for while I'm at work, and the 2 that I made are completely disgusting. I don't know what went wrong with them, but they are unbearably bitter and sour. I have a salad bar downstairs that I think I will hit for a small salad to hold me over until tonight ...

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 22, 2013, 18:53

Mitche, you might have to start your juicing in the morning instead of the night before. They will keep better and taste better. That bitter/sourness you are tasting is the juice starting to ferment. Not good! Make sure they are sealed very good, and start prepping the night before but juice in the morning. See how that works out and keep me posted.

mitche50
Juicer
on: May 22, 2013, 19:43

Unfortunately I need to juice at night, because I live with someone who doesn't get up as early as I do and the juicer is too loud in the morning. My morning juices are fine, maybe I will have to just stick to morning juice and do a salad in the afternoon. I ended up getting a tomato soup, which was the closest to a juice that I could find ... But I'll still make my dinner to finish out the three days. I don't think it's quite feasible for me to have juice at work, but I'll definitely keep up the breakfast juice!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 22, 2013, 20:43

Hmmm, not sure what happened but try to make sure you get a good seal on those containers and keep them refrigerated.

Laura
Juice Professional
Laura
on: May 22, 2013, 23:03

Mitch, I had a really disgusting sour juice the last time around. I know what fermentation smells like and it wasn't that...I just forgot to put an apple in with a combination of veggies that was pretty bitter. If I make a similar juice with apple or some kind of fruit it's fine, although now when I make a juice that's the same color as that one I have to hide it in a non-transparent container or my brain just expects it to taste awful. So watch your combinations. Good luck!

Pages: 1 2 3

Tags: , , , ,