twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3
Author Topic: 3 Day Group Fast starting on Monday 5/20

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
3 Day Group Fast starting on Monday 5/20
on: May 13, 2013, 07:29

Yes! I'm starting another 3 Day Group Juice Fast next Monday May 20th! If you want to juice, get in on this group fast by posting here and introducing yourself! Our previous fasts have offered outstanding motivation, tips, recipes, and support from the amazing people at the JustOnJuice community.

Thanks to all of you who participated in our previous group fasts. I'm hoping to see some of you there along with many new faces.

Group Juice Fasts help to keep us motivated throughout our fasts. It's also a great way to share tips and meet with other awesome people who are juicing just like you! Together we shall juice!!!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

armywife0810
Juicer
Re: 3 Day Group Fast starting on Monday 5/20
on: May 13, 2013, 11:01

Hi, This is my first Juice Fast. I am a cancer survivor and I just turned the big 40 this year. I have been working on eliminating processed foods and I am ready to take the plunge into juicing.

JuiceBackToHe-
alth
Juicer
JuiceBackToHealth
on: May 13, 2013, 15:28

Welcome to the forum and embrace the healing power of Juicing. I recommend watching the Gerson Therapy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoUl7F7dWdE&wide=1

Enjoy the movie and the forum.

Jose

"People have choices but the ones they make are usually the bad ones"
http://www.facebook.com/JuiceBackTohealth

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 13, 2013, 20:13

@Armywife Congrats on surviving Cancer, and welcome to JustOnJuice! I'm excited to have you juice with us, it's going to be a blast!! We will be here if you have any questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

lesfleurs
Juicer
on: May 13, 2013, 22:07

I'll juice again. I'm starting a quasi juice fast in the mean time. Juice during the day and eat dinner. I should be good and ready for this fast. :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 14, 2013, 00:27

Welcome back Lesfleurs! Glad to have you juicing with us again! It's always great to have you. Keep us updated how your "quasi" juice fast is working out. I usually like to juice during the day and have a meal for dinner when I'm not full out juicing. When I first did this I continued to lose weight for the three weeks after my original juice fast. It was also so easy to jump into another juice fast. Welcome back!

Laura
Juice Professional
Laura
on: May 14, 2013, 15:22

I'm in.

I tried to do a mini 24 hour fast yesterday to make up for having a little too much fun with my Mom over the weekend, but it ended in an ice cream binge. Oops. Apparently, I have no willpower whatsoever when I don't feel accountable to anyone. So I'd better stick to the forum.

See y'all on Monday!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 14, 2013, 16:17

Awesome Laura! Great to have you back! Be careful of those ice cream binges! This place down the street serves the best custard and I have to admit I had one with the boys and felt so guilty. That was a while back but I know how easy it is to start eating unhealthy again. It will be great to juice with you again, looking forward to it!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 17, 2013, 19:00

Only 3 more days till our fast! You guys ready? I sure am!

pdinasaurus
Juicer
pdinasaurus
on: May 19, 2013, 03:20

First timer here, I was hoping to do a 7 day fast, can I start with you and just carry on afterward? I am a little nervous to start out all alone. Which sounds a bit silly, as it is only juice, lol.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 19, 2013, 07:55

Pdinasaurus, you most certainly can start with us and continue on. Don't be nervous, we will be here juicing right along side you. Keep posting as often as you can during your fast. It does help.

corpusmae
Juice Professional
on: May 19, 2013, 12:37

Good morning Juice Family! I am here to hang out and support- today is Day 14 and don't underestimate the will to act to change- another pound down today for 14-woohoo!!! I love this forum and the support here- it has helped me tremendously and so I pass it on. @Army wife- bravo to you for surviving cancer, blessing to have you here. My thought for the day from Norman Vincent Peale "If you consider yourself weak and inadequate, you are taking an erroneous view. Know for sure that there is a giant within you. And then release the giant YOU!!! Be back on later- began my exercise program yesterday-slowly but surely!!! It's a great day!!!

lizerdmama
Juicer
lizerdmama
on: May 19, 2013, 19:02

Hello everyone, happy Sunday! I would love to join in on the 3 day, since it coincides nicely in the middle of a 5 day juice cleanse I started today. I'm hoping to go at least the 5 days, and ideally up to 7. The longest I've gone before was 4 days, and that felt great. Cheers to good health! :)

corpusmae
Juice Professional
on: May 19, 2013, 21:41

Hi lizerdmama, it is a Happy Sunday. It is so great to have so many on this site- really keeps me going. Just got done with a great swim in the pool- felt great, can't believe how much energy I have...it amazes me with just drinking juice, although I add plant protein in my last juice of the day so I can start working out. Hope all is well with everyone, got some work to do but will check in again later. We can do this!

pdinasaurus
Juicer
pdinasaurus
on: May 19, 2013, 23:45

I went to the store today to buy bunches of yummy veggies and fruits for the fast, got my juicer all clean and ready to go. I am pretty excited to start my first ever juice fast! So glad to not be doing it alone :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 20, 2013, 02:52

I hope you are all excited and ready to get juicing! I know I am! It's going to be one fantastic juice fast everyone. So let me make a few points for everyone.

If you work in the morning, it's super helpful to prep your fruits/veggies the night before and store each meal in a gallon size ziploc bag. This way you just have to grab your bag and put it in the juicer. Saves a ton of time in the mornings.

It's also time saving to place a plastic bag in the pulp catch of your juicer. This saves a good amount of cleaning time as all the pulp will shoot right into your plastic bag.

Remember to drink a juice when you feel hungry. Your body will tell you when it's hungry. Try not to confuse hunger and cravings. Hunger is when your body tells you it NEEDS nutrients and cravings are when your mind tells you to eat out of habit or boredom. You have the willpower to differentiate the two!

Stay focused and make sure to set your goals. Your goals could be a weight loss mark, to drop your waist size, to cleanse yourself, to get off medications, etc. Just make sure you set your goals, and give yourself a reason to juice.

If you get headaches, it's perfectly alright to take tylenol or ibuprofen during your juice fast.

Try to avoid coffee. Drink tea instead but either drink decaf or green/white tea.

I'm proud of all of you for taking the first and most important step in deciding to juice! You are on the right track, now you just have to give 3 days ( or longer ) of your life to reach your goal. You can and will do this! Post frequently and as often as you can. If you feel the urge to drift, post here, it's great motivation.

I'm going to check in throughout the day so I look forward to hearing from all of you. Happy Juicing!

4kidslucia
Juicer
on: May 20, 2013, 05:28

It is 10:30pm on the west coast and I just found this forum while looking for juicing recipes. I am starting a juice fast tomorrow and feel lucky that I found you! I went to the farmer's market today and am stocked up on veggies/fruits. Any thoughts on sweet potatoes or purslane for juicing?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 20, 2013, 06:12

Glad to have you juicing with us 4kidslucia! I've juiced sweet potatoes, they make some good juice to add to any recipe. I've never juiced purslane before but it is an amazing source of omega-3 fatty acid. Juice it and let me know the outcome please. Thanks!

corpusmae
Juice Professional
on: May 20, 2013, 11:32

Good Morning and welcome to your 1st day. As I mentioned before, I am here to support and give support. Today is Day 15 for me and I have dropped another pound. It's amazing, I just kind of count on it. My reason to start was to heal myself from IBS symptoms and get off medication. I actually have been off my medication now and have been for about 3 days and have not had any symptoms. I will do blood work this week with my doctor. Still taking high blood pressure meds but feel better than ever. My sideaches are gone, my leg inflammation is down, I sleep well, have energy, complexion and skin soft and I feel great about myself. You can do this if I can, never thougtht I could go this long but still doing it one day at a time. Thought for the day from Norman Vincent Peale, "Believe it is possible to solve your problem. Tremendous things happen to the believer. So believe the answer wil come. It will." Have a great day and a big shout out to Donnie for having this forum. Couldn't have done it without your support and encouragement. Have a great day everyone!!!

Laura
Juice Professional
Laura
on: May 20, 2013, 13:35

Good morning everybody!

I'm starting the day strong with my strawberry-orange-grapefruit-pineapple-garden greens juice. Then I get to go make 3 or 4 more juices for the day, to take to work with me. I'm always hungry while on a juice fast, and it never seems to get any easier...but I love the way it makes me look and feel so I keep coming back for more.

@Corpusmae: Wow! You're doing amazing...congratulations on getting off the meds!

McFleury
Juicer
on: May 20, 2013, 13:46

I was planning to start a 7 day juice cleanse today and found this forum, so at least I know I'll have
motivation for the first 3 days! It's awesome to see everyone's comments!

This is my first time juicing, but I've done so much research on the benefits. I do have one question -- I've been told headaches are common during the first day or two. Is it OK to take medicine while the symptoms persist or does that have a negative effect on the cleanse?

This morning I had grapefruit, carrot and ginger juice. And it was tasty. I brought my apple, cucumber, celery, kale and lemon juice for lunch and am looking forward to it!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 20, 2013, 14:25

Good Morning all! Welcome McFleury! Glad to have you juicing with us!

Today marks the start of our 3 Day Group Juice Fast!!! I hope you all are having a fantastic morning! Let's get ready to juice!

This morning I'll be having a Sunrise Surprise!

1/2 butternut squash peeled, gutted, and cubed

2 small apples gala, cored and quartered

1-2 carrots

1″ of ginger

1/4 lemon peeled

Very simple but delicious!!!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 20, 2013, 14:28

Quote from McFleury on May 20, 2013, 13:46
Is it OK to take medicine while the symptoms persist or does that have a negative effect on the cleanse?

Only take medicine that was prescribed to you. Tyelnol or Ibuprofen is okay too.

If you have prescription medication, do not stop taking it. You should continue your prescribed medicine until a doctor tells you not to.

mitche50
Juicer
on: May 20, 2013, 14:43

Hey guys, I just decided to take the plunge into juicing after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I quit smoking cold turkey recently and decided to juice to try and prevent the dreaded weight gain from quitting. Any tips for shopping?

lizerdmama
Juicer
lizerdmama
on: May 20, 2013, 15:19

Morning everyone! Glad to be starting this 3 day challenge today with y'all! I have a question- I've heard some people say that its better to incorporate one healthy meal a day, say dinner, and lose weight more slowly so that it has a better chance of staying off, any thoughts?

Pages: 1 2 3

Tags: , , , ,