twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: 3 Day Group Fast starting on Monday 4/22

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
3 Day Group Fast starting on Monday 4/22
on: April 12, 2013, 15:38

I'm going to be starting a juice fast on Monday, April 22nd if anyone is interested in joining me. I'll be posting updates, what juices I'm making, and pictures throughout those 3 days, and I encourage you to do the same. If you're interested just respond in this thread and let me know if you'll be juicing with me! I'm looking forward to juicing with a few of you!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
Re: 3 Day Group Fast starting on Monday 4/22
on: April 14, 2013, 14:27

Hi, I'll join you on the 22nd.

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” ― Hippocrates

I weighed 201 pounds when I started juicing on March 15, 2013. My weight today is now 185 1/2 on 4/21/13.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 14, 2013, 22:31

That's great JuicerJohn! I'm gathering some ideas for new juices and I'm looking forward to trying out some hot juices too.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

Allison
Juicer
Allison
on: April 19, 2013, 22:13

I'd also like to join on Monday. It will actually be my first time juicing. I am going to try a few recipes over the weekend to get ready for Monday. Can't wait!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 19, 2013, 23:27

Allison, great to have you starting with us on Monday. It will be an awesome three days.

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 20, 2013, 01:05

Welcome Allison, it is great to have you with us. I can't wait to get started!

God bless!

I weighed 201 pounds when I started juicing on March 15, 2013. My weight today is now 185 1/2 on 4/21/13.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 20, 2013, 08:01

Just two more days till we all start our 3 Day Juice Fast! I'm excited!

sssudekum
Juicer
on: April 20, 2013, 12:41

I too am starting my first juice diet on Monday! What a coincidense... I have gotten 2 of my roommates to do it with me too so hopefully I can get them on this blog as well! :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 20, 2013, 13:04

Welcome sssudekum! We're glad to have you joining us on our first Group Juice fast here at JustOnJuice.com. It will be great! This is your first time so I'm sure you will get hooked like the rest of us :) If you have any questions we will be here for you.

That would be wonderful if your roommates would also join up with us here on the forum.

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 20, 2013, 14:24

Hi Stella, welcome! I'm glad to have you join us. I am sure we are going to have a great fast together. I can hardly wait 'til Monday.

By the way, if you have 3 juice fasters in the same house, I'd love to see your refrigerator on Monday morning! I'll bet it will look awesome!

Jessica
Juicer
Jessica
on: April 21, 2013, 01:22

Hi! I was thinking to start my fast tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure now I want to wait until monday!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 21, 2013, 01:58

Awesome Jessica! Can't wait till Monday! Welcome to our Group Juice Fast!

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 21, 2013, 02:00

Hi Jessica,

Whether you start tomorrow or on Monday, you are more than welcome to fast with us.

Welcome aboard, and God bless!

stefanie910
Juicer
stefanie910
on: April 21, 2013, 05:41

I am going to start my fast on Monday as well, however, I am going to be trying the 7 day! Im excited to get started, with you all! :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 21, 2013, 06:06

You're awesome Stefanie! Happy to have you with us! Let's see how many from the 3 Day will continue on to do 7 Day. I'm willing to bet after a good 3 days of juicing, a few of us will join you and finish out with 7 days.

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 21, 2013, 15:03

Hi Stephanie, and welcome! I think Don may be right about some of us going on for a 7-day fast. I had considered the possibility myself. I won't promise anything now, work is pretty hectic right now, so going a full 7 days may not be practical.

Jessica
Juicer
Jessica
on: April 21, 2013, 15:06

Today I've tried to juice fast, but after my breakfast juice and felt a little sick. I don't mean weak, because it was just a few minutes after.
While drinking it, I actually liked the taste! For real! And I felt great! But, as I said, after a little while the taste 'left' was making me kind of sick..
I didn't drink the 16oz of water after, though! Do you think it will make a difference next time? Maybe the water will help me to clean the taste left on my digestive sistem.
So I had something solid for breakfast.
Feel free to comment, everyone! I really need some adice to have a fresh start tomorrow :)

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 21, 2013, 15:11

When shopping yesterday, I bought enough fruits and veggies for four days. The reason was, I wanted to experiment with my juicing to see if I would have enough time to juice two unique juices in my time before work. Unfortunately, I find that I will not.

So, I think I will need to do my morning juice the night before.

I decided I wanted a nice, sweet juice to start the day, so I came up with "Orange Sunrise", mad with orange, carrot, mango, ginger, and lime

It is both very sweet and quite tart. I think it will make a good day starter.

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 21, 2013, 15:27

The second juice I made is the "Red Hot Juice" from the Reboot Kitchen that I posted on the Recipes forum yesterday,

http://www.justonjuice.com/forum/justonjuice-forum-group1/juicing-recipes-forum2/from-the-reboot-kitchen-red-hot-juice-thread15/

I followed the recipe pretty closely with 2 exceptions:

I was able to get cluster tomatoes on sale at Whole Foods yesterday, so I used 8 of those since they are fairly small. Also, rather than Chile peppers I used my favorite Pepper Plant Hot Sauce, the "Habanero Extra Hot".

This recipe, as I made it, produced a full quart and a half of juice. To that I added 1 tsp of the hot sauce which gave it an incredible flavor with just the right bite. I love it!

Oh, and now is one of the times I wish I had a Brevelle juicer rather than the Omega. The Omega leaves a fair amount of pulp, which is fine ordinarily, but for a fast all pulp really needs to be removed. The strainer that comes with the Omega is way too small and would add an hour to juicing time if used. So, I will be doing the best I can until I can come up with another solution.

Jessica
Juicer
Jessica
on: April 21, 2013, 15:32

I forgot to mention that I've tried the 'Morning Glory" juice, suggested on the 3 Day Juice Fast Plan session.

JuicerJohn
Juice Expert
JuicerJohn
on: April 21, 2013, 15:33

I forgot to add, I did make a couple of other minor changes to the Reboot recipe.

First, lemon or lime goes into virtually every juice I make, as does ginger, Also, whenever I deem it appropriate, I will always add a clove or two of garlic. Finally, when i saw this recipe, I thought, how could they make this juice without cilantro? So, there is cilantro in it as well.

Maybe I should call it, "Juicer John's Reboot Kitchen Red Hot Juice".

:)

Laura
Juice Professional
Laura
on: April 21, 2013, 20:40

I'm planning to start the 7 day fast tomorrow as well. Made my first juice in my new juicer today for lunch to practice. I'm looking forward to the process...and I think being able to compare my experience with all of you will make it both easier and more fun. Woohoo!

stefanie910
Juicer
stefanie910
on: April 21, 2013, 20:56

Thanks, everyone! I'm really excited, heading to get my produce now! I have one question, I have read other places before that you should refrain from exercise while on a juice fast, do you think it would be okay to still do some light cardio such as walking or riding my bike?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 21, 2013, 22:05

Thanks everyone for signing up on the forums and doing the group juice fast with us! I'm really excited about tomorrow and I hope you are to!

@Jessica Yes, make sure you are drinking plenty of water, and it's okay to drink your juice over the course of 10-30 minutes. That might be a better way to let your system get used to it. Also, try a different juice, the morning glory may not be the juice for you. Also, try leaving out the ginger and see if you notice a difference.

@JuicerJohn That looks amazing! I can't wait to try that out. I think I'll try it out tonight!

@Laura Welcome! Glad you could join us. I'll probably go on to do the 7 day with you as well.

@stefanie910 You can do some light exercise. Just don't overdue it unless you up your protein intake. You might consider making a few "Green Giant" juices as they are loaded with proteins. You can find the recipe in the recipes tab.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: April 21, 2013, 22:19

Congratulations everyone!!!!! I'm so thrilled that we are all doing a group fast tomorrow! A few ideas... Take pictures of your preparation and your juices. If you try something you like, you'll be able to easily refer back to it.

Take before pictures of yourself - If you do decide to go on to the 7 day or the 14 day you will want before and after pictures :)

Try to visit the forum and post as often as you can, it's motivational to you, and to others when they see you post. It's great to ask questions, post your feelings, your ideas, your thoughts, anything really.

It's also a huge time saver to prep your juices ahead of time. I often pre-cut the ingredients and store them in gallon size freezer bags until I'm ready to juice them.

One more quick tip... YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Tags: , , , ,