twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: 15-Day Juice Fast Starting Today (7/25/16)

clchemel
Juicer
clchemel
15-Day Juice Fast Starting Today (7/25/16)
on: July 25, 2016, 16:05

Here we go! I have a sweet tooth that needs some taming and two bridesmaid dresses that I have to squeeze into by mid-August. Anyhoo, this should be really interesting since I have a trip planned to North Carolina (a 12-hour drive from New York) and a cookout that I am supposed to attend during the fast. Quite frankly, all I am really worried about at the moment is constantly having to pee during a long drive and the cookout at the park.

I have done one long-ish juice fast in the past (28-days). It was such a great experience that I actually wanted to do it again. I did my fast this past winter in New York. Long story short, I was COLD all the time. So, I figured that summer would be an ideal time to juice fast again. Not quite. For some reason it's harder for me to stick to a fast now. I have started a handful of fasts this summer and all were total flops. Maybe the stressful routine of teaching during the day and studying at night was actually helpful in my previous fasting experience...since hunger or any other possible distraction was far from my mind.

Now it is crunch time. I ordered my bridesmaid dresses one size below my current size. Honestly, I can probably squeeze in them, but I am unsure about getting out with the dress intact. Last thing I need is to rip a seem at my sister's and friend's wedding (two different weddings, one week apart, two different dresses and gifts....one broke girl).

The goal of this fast is to lose weight but also to tame my sweet tooth. My last fast was so helpful in helping me get rid of addictions such as alcohol and caffeine, but this sugar addiction is hard! I haven't started doing lines of sugar yet....so there's that. However, if there's a box of cookies in my house, my mission is to eat all the cookies and destroy the evidence. I know that portion control is key when it comes to eating healthy. Yet somehow my flawed logic seems to suggest that I should rid of all the cookies in one go and pretend that the "cookie-carnage" never happened.

About me.

Height: 5'9" (175 cm)
Weight: 158 lbs (72 kg) -----> Desired Weight: 140
Dress size: US size 6 -----> Desired Dress Size: US size 4

I will include what I drink during the day and will try my hardest to include pictures before gulping down my juice. I don't drink or sip. I gulp...unless I am not too fond of the drink. 😛

clchemel
Juicer
clchemel
Re: 15-Day Juice Fast Starting Today (7/25/16)
on: July 25, 2016, 17:14

Breakfast Day 1:

-One huge mason jar of lime water with watermelon ice cubes.
-One cup of decaf kombucha green tea.
-Green juice!! (Kale, carrots, cucumber, celery, ginger, lemon, apple....refreshing)

Also, had the pleasure of reading "Y". I love comics and graphic novels. This series is awesome and I can't believe I put it off so long. In short, every being with a Y chromosome perishes from the earth except for Yorick and his pet monkey, Ampersand. It's an absolutely frightful scenario, but the author does a good job incorporating humor. I am eager to go to the comic book store soon and pick up the next copy.

clchemel
Juicer
clchemel
on: July 26, 2016, 02:49

Lunch and Dinner Day 1:

Well, it's gray and stormy today. I spent my lunch break reading and drinking my lunch. The cover of the book is very similar to the setting outside at the moment. 😛 I generally like gray stormy skies (it fits with the metal persona)...but alas, I was going to go to the park after work for a relaxing walk. Listening to the rain and thunder outside is pretty awesome and relaxing too, though.

Now about the juice!!! I LOVE the dark red color of beet juice, but man beets are hit or miss with me when it comes to juice. I found that I do not like recipes with beets and fruit. Funny, I can eat a ton of cookies, but cannot stomach a sweet juice. So this dark red seductive juice is made of 1 beet, several carrots, celery, cucumber and lime. Ah, it is also very refreshing.

I am going to have some herbal tea with lunch today. After giving up coffee I have become quite the tea drinker. I never really drank much tea before. Where I come from the only tea we drink is called "sweet tea" and it's diabetes in liquid form. The recipe for sweet tea is simple: 1.) boil water, 2.) Add black tea bags and steep, 3.) Add an alarming amount of sugar and stir (should be thick for tea---like molasses), 4.) Pour hot sugary concoction over a cup filled to the rim with ice (the hot tea will melt the ice and dilute the tea). Yeah, that is crack in the south. The few times I would sweet tea was when it was infused with peaches....now that is pretty good. Luckily nobody in my family is much of a traditional sweet tea drinker, so I won't have to deal with those cravings when I go back home to NC for the weddings. However, my mom works at Panera bread and loves to bring me pastries (cookies and a cobblestone muffin!!)...that's going to be hard to resist.

Dinner and Skyrim:

I feel so guilty, I made a smoothie (green) for dinner and followed it with a sweet potato pie juice. I am not going to fret too much. There was a flash flood alert and I didn't want to go out for more juicing ingredients (I ran out of celery and green apple). So, lesson learned, buy more celery. Since I can't eat my sorrows away with cookies, I plan on slaying dragons for the rest of the evening: fuss roh dah!

Dinner Blender Soup: broccoli, zucchini, onion, garlic all thrown in a blender with some nutritional yeast and low sodium tamari sauce. I will probably have this again as my first meal off the fast; it was satisfying and tasty.

Dessert: Sweet potato pie juice: 1 sweet potato, 3 carrots, 1 orange, 1 red apple, pumpkin pie spice.

How am I feeling?

I feel pretty good. I have a feeling that I will probably not feel too great tomorrow. The only thing that drives me crazy during fasts is this weird foam-like buildup on my teeth. I think I must have brushed my teeth five times today. I cannot stand it...and I noticed my breath was getting funky. I drank a lot of water today, but I will try drinking even more tomorrow to see if that helps. 😯

Funky mouth girl over and out until tomorrow!

clchemel
Juicer
clchemel
Re: 15-Day Juice Fast Starting Today (7/25/16): Days 2 - 4
on: July 29, 2016, 15:03

Long time no see!

So, I have been busy programming, gaming, juicing and metal-ing...but now it is well overdue for an update.

Day 2:

Day 2 was awful and it was completely my fault.
I woke up late and didn't have time to make juice before work. I drank an insane amount of water and tea during my shift, but that would only curve the hunger for a few minutes. Having woken up late, I clearly didn't have a lunch juice either so I had to go to the supermarket and pick up 2 Suya brand juices. They are small and, to me, expensive. Needless to say, I was still hungry afterwards. After I was done with work, I went by the produce shop and bought my veggies and fruit. My stomach was eating itself at this point. There is a smoothie shop next door and, although I told myself that smoothie != juice, I went anyway. HOWEVER, to my surprise they were closed!! So I couldn't break any rules if I wanted to...at that moment. I went home and spent the next three hours prepping, juicing and cleaning for the next few days. Check out the picture!

Day 2 Feelings:
Hungry, headaches, dizzy, like a dumb-dumb.
Day 2 Results:
New weight: 154.4 (3.6 lbs less than the first day)

Day 3:

So, this day was rough only because I was tired. One thing they seem to gloss over about juice fasts is the quality of your dreams. I mean, I am not going to say that they will be more pleasant, but they are much more vivid. Nonetheless, when I went to bed the following night I had two nightmares. One of the nightmares kept me up for an hour and a half afterwards. There's nothing like a nightmare that combines loneliness, family and death to keep you up.

Juices:
B-fast: Pineapple, carrot, ginger, orange. 16 oz
Lunch: Mexican Jugo: Bell pepper, cilantro celery, cucumber, greens, green apple and lime! YUMMY!! 28 oz
SnacK: Pineapple, ginger, pear, parsley. 16 oz
Dinner: My beet juice: beet, celery, cucumber, carrots, lime. 16 oz
Veggie juice: tomato, cucumber, beet, celery, parsley, jalapeño, onion, garlic, carrot, bell pepper. 20 oz

Day 3 Feelings:
Sleepy but focused, hungry, funky breath, tired of going to the bathroom all the time.
Day 3 Results:
152.6 (-1.8 lbs)

Day 4:

Finally a day that I wake up and feel revitalized! Welcome day 4!

The only issue with day 4 was not having hot water. I got to take a cold shower that morning....that was so much fun. I quickly dried off and buried myself in my covers afterwards. My hair felt really soft afterwards, though.

I was complimented for looking slimmer at work and I felt focused and confident! It was a pretty good day overall and having my breakfast, lunch and snack pre-made really helped me stay on focus. I know they say you should drink your juice immediately. In a perfect world, I would wake up looking like Anne Hathaway--not a Carrot Top and Medusa hybrid. Needless to say, I generally make my large batch of juices in my masticating juicer for breakfast, snack and lunch. For dinner and dessert, I try to always make a fresh juice. On the weekends I am also pretty good at drinking freshly juiced juices.

Juices:
B-fast: Pineapple, carrot, ginger, orange. 16 oz
Lunch: Mexican Jugo: Bell pepper, cilantro celery, cucumber, greens, green apple and lime! YUMMY!! 28 oz
SnacK: Pineapple, ginger, pear, parsley. 16 oz
Dinner: My beet juice: beet, celery, cucumber, carrots, lime. 16 oz
Veggie juice: tomato, cucumber, celery, cilantro, jalapeño, onion, garlic, carrot, bell pepper. 20 oz
Dessert: Turmeric and almond milk tea.

Day 4 Feelings: Light, energized, still hungry :( , visits to bathroom are becoming less (yay!), teeth are becoming less foamy but mucus is becoming an issue.
Day 4 Results:
Weight: 151.2 (-1.4)

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS SO FAR (Days 1 - 4): 6.8 lbs

clchemel
Juicer
clchemel
on: August 1, 2016, 13:26

Days 5 - 7:

Well, the last few days have been fun. I am not feeling hunger anymore the way that people fasting the first five days feel it. At this point, I just miss texture. I miss chewing. I miss crunching. So I bought some gum. Unfortunately, it's like false advertising for my tummy-it just makes me feel that hunger pang all over again.

Juices each day: carrot grapefruit ginger apple 16 oz, spinach, kale, romaine, celery, cucumber, apple, lemon 16 oz 2x, beet celery, cucumber, carrot, lime 16 oz 2x, purple power 16 oz 1x, Sweet Potato Pie juice 16 oz 1x

Milk?: So, I had some nuts at the house and made fresh nut milk and blended it with banana the night before and after my 6.2-mile (10 kilometer) run. After my run I actually ended up walking another mile to capture Pokemon...shameful, I know.

Weight: 149 (-9 lbs from last week)

mantishugo
Juice Expert
on: August 23, 2016, 05:15

Any updates on your 15 day juice diet? Please share your health stats after completing the juice diet. I could stay on juice diet (Pure Noni Juice) for 7 days only as I had to relocate to different country. Now I will start from square 1.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,