twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2
Author Topic: 14 day fast starting 30th July

leomie
Juice Expert
14 day fast starting 30th July
on: July 30, 2013, 02:04

Hello everyone,
As I am a contract gardener/artist and child-carer/mother and I have been dealing with gluten/dairy and multiple other problem foods for several years now. I am hoping I can kick-start my digestion with at least 14 day fast starting today. I planned to gradually start swapping meals for juice but unexpectedly I've no more gardening work this week and suspect the first 3-4 days would be hard doing manual labour in winter so I'm going cold turkey!Afterwards I will gradually be introducing solids and checking my reactions to various foods(including chicken and mushrooms) to see how things are fairing having had a real break.
I'm 37, 172cm and 77kg. I have got at least 12kgs to go too and won't be sorry to see that go! I would love to share my fast with someone especially as my husband has a cast iron stomach and doesn't really understand and am going to have to continue the feeding of the monkeys, sorry, children and husband.
First vegetable juice absolutely delicious, so a good start.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: 14 day fast starting 30th July
on: July 30, 2013, 04:01

Leomie, welcome to JOJ and congrats on starting your juice fast! Try to relax as much as possible and you'll do great! It sounds like you have a good plan in place and now it's just a matter of executing it and reaching for your goals! You're going to do absolutely great with your fast Leomie! Keep me posted and I'm always here if you have any questions!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
on: July 30, 2013, 18:46

Hi, I'm going to be a couple of days behind you, but we sound quite similar, my wife isn't interested, so she'll carry on eating with our daughter. I'm 40, 164cm and 73kg, mainly I'd like to have a clean out, and the weight loss will occur anyway. I'm starting mine on Monday 5th, after a family wedding, but let me know how your first few days go.

leomie
Juice Expert
on: July 30, 2013, 20:06

😀 So far, so good. My girls are very keen on the juice I made this morning (it is BRIGHT RED and they found it delicious!) and I've made little muffins and egg pies with the pulp for their lunches too. I am very excited about the flavours but will need to replenish the garden, I am wolfing through the dark leafy greens but at last I've something to do with the silverbeet I grew in honour of our emigration 3 years ago and had nothing to do with! I'm off on the school run, it's my favourite day at the gym, Step then Yoga but I will skip the heavy cardio and do a bush walk instead then go to yoga and home to paint, a solidly cruizy day to relax into the cleanse with!

leomie
Juice Expert
on: July 31, 2013, 19:07

Slight headache yesterday evening and I was going to complain of upset tummy grumblings, but i made myself a 4th juice and sure enough, it was hunger (shows how I have to relearn my body's signals!)Today i woke up with my husband at 6.30am, easily, NEVER happened before. Yesterday I did a lot toilet stops, being discreet, lots of number 2's. Am already feeling a lighter brighter me, anyway, definitely looking forward to the next few weeks, if it continues to feel like this I'll be happy to carry on longer.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 31, 2013, 20:04

Leomie, it sounds like you are off to a fantastic start! Keep it up, it will be well worth it! Way to go!!!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 1, 2013, 06:35

Well, today was easier, no headache at all, definitely recommend cleaning up diet drastically before starting, minimise tea and coffee (I'm intolerant to coffee so that's easier for me!) and snack heavily on raw vegetables beforehand, makes it much less drastic. I haven't felt hungry (4 juices a day) and I am loving the flavours. Thank you so much for this site and it's recipes. Are you in Avondale with the big Sunday morning market?I have never been but am thinking this would be much the best way to get my vegetables as it is noticeably expensive,I've gone through a bag of apples, a bag of carrots, a bunch and a half of celery,through a ginger root (love a zing) and a bag and a half of spinach (iron issues), I've decimated my veggie garden's kale and thinning my silverbeet plus more. Maybe winter isn't the best time to cleanse!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 1, 2013, 09:52

Leomie, glad it's getting easier for you. Headaches can be a real bummer. I'm in Avondale, Arizona, US. Not in Auckland, NZ. Although I would really love to head over there. The mid summer heat really drives me crazy!

I find juicing to be cheaper than if I were to eat out 2-3 times per day. But the cost of produce varies so greatly at times. Keep us posted Leomie and keep doing what you're doing! It's working!

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 1, 2013, 19:39

LOL, oh well, probably NOT the same marketplace. It is NOT hot here at the moment, I made my midday juice in to a soup to get some extra warmth rather than light the fire! Because we are an island and pretty much the most isolated geographically you can be without being a small pacific island with 4000 population, the cost of out of season produce is very high so I'm doing a lot of substituting. Having never had an eat out kind of lifestyle (except when i was at uni in the states where food is CHEAP!!!) it has come as a bit of a shock but my tummy doesn't feel like I've eaten rocks for the first time in several months so that makes it worth it. I hhave always meant to go to the huge Avondale marketplace as it is supposed to be very cheap but the 7am on a Sunday start was off putting, now i have morning energy and several big boxes of produce to buy though suddenly I'm a convert. I weighed myself yesterday (day3) and have gone from 77.3 to 75 and my tummy is flatter so although i know its only early days that makes me happy!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 2, 2013, 03:45

Congrats on the weight loss so far! You'll see more results, just keep doing what your doing. Also, if you're having a tough time getting some of the produce, take a look at the substitution list I put up the other day, it may come in handy for you.

http://www.justonjuice.com/juicing-substitution-list/

I love going to markets, I find some of my best produce there. Keep me updated on your fast Leomie and I look forward to hearing your success!

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 3, 2013, 07:41

Massive day today, two children's birthday parties in a row, a couple of comments on how good i look (could have been the fact i wore make-up mind you!). AM knackered, 6.5hours of under 8's running around various echoing halls will do that, but although i enjoyed the smells, food avoidance was pretty easy. Most of my friends know of my struggles with Coeliac /intolerances so my not eating food and feeling better makes sense to them!Must say I really do feel cleaner and clearer although this is now day 5 and i am still going to the loo (not just pee)is this normal? Is there a point when i will not need to? I am going to have a liquid iron this evening, even with kale/dark silverbeet/spinach in every juice I am feeling early warning signs,I need a lot,years of digestive damage means I don't absorb nutrients easily, especially metals.
Got up at 6.30am on a Saturday and bustled about like i NEVER have done before in my entire life. I have always enjoyed a morning stroll/jog before the school run in summer (blearily leaving the house, only waking up as i turn the corner of the hill!) but I may institute a yoga session now in mid-winter mornings. What a pleasure!Thank you for all your advice and support, you are appreciated!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 3, 2013, 18:21

Sounds like you had one busy day Leomie! I found it interesting that when I fast my sleep gets back on schedule. I've heard a few others mention that as well. Keep juicing Leomie, you are doing great!

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 3, 2013, 20:54

Ok,So keen and excited about going to the huge market that starts at 6am in Avondale racecourse that i got up at 2.40am and then at 5.40am, I must buy a clock to go by the bed, getting up to go to the kitchen to see the time is ridiculous ! Anyway, at 5.40am i got up and made my hot lemon drink and chilled for a bit then drove to the market, Auckland's skyline lit against early dawn. I wandered around the marketplace as the vendors set up with head torches, occasional coughs, mysterious wares being set out into the darkness,very magical! Had a great conversation with a Croatian farmer who kept giving me extras as i was buying so much and next week he's going to give me a bottle of his homemade Port!The mysterious world that I never dreamed about when i was lying to bed too tired to wake up.When i got home at 7.45 my darling children were both up, dressed in a fashion (tights with shorts, summer dress over thermals..all the colours of the rainbow)and even attempted hairstyles! They were both disappointed to see me come in as they had been looking forward to the market so i am buying them off by taking them to the geothermal pools up the road for a good 3-5 hours soaking later. Peace and a pear/celery/kiwi fruit/carrot/courgette juice with spirulina later and all is forgiven! Life is sweet

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 4, 2013, 05:18

I sounds like you had a great start to your day Leomie! I love going to markets. It's summer over here though and most of the markets aren't that great because it's so hot out right now. Once it cools off they start back up and I'll go get some really good produce.

Next year I plan to take a few trips to see the world. NZ is definitely on my list of place to see!

How old are your children? Mine are 8 and 5, both boys. They are a handful but being a single father I really enjoy every bit of time I have with them. I just wish there was a pause button! They are getting bigger and smarter every day.

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 4, 2013, 06:16

I have two girls, who are pretty cruisey really, 7 and 5 and a half. We've been lazing in hot pools while husband suffers man-flu, I took a picnic and a thermos of Jolt with an added grapefruit but i can't recommend it, it certainly jolted but it's given me heartburn- too much acid! I also suddenly got hungry after 4hours in hot pools and we were an hour from home so I am relieved to be home and i just dropped everything and got juicing!Feel a bit better now but mustn't chug my juice, I've also learnt that is not a clever plan!What would life be with out such lessons? Got to feed the rascals and get them to bed, school tomorrow, packed lunches to make, again!

Thoroughly recommend NZ, so much to see, and lovely countryside.We live in the Waitakere ranges, a subtropical rainforest to the west of Auckland, the wild west. We moved out of the bush to get some sun last year but look to the hills and I drive in to drop my girls at a small school in a large forest clearing. There are hot springs all over the place as you drive around the north island and we're very beach orientated, vast mountainscapes in south island and much more rural. As a new migrant and an artist the beauty blows me away!

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 4, 2013, 06:28

Just lost my message! Long lazy 4hours lying in hot geothermal pools, exhausting, i brought a picnic for the girls while husband suffers man-flu at home an i took a thermos of Jolt, but i added a grapefruit which i don't recommend, too acid and I've got heart burn!I got home,dropped everything and made a juice to stop the hunger, surprisingly hunger making.

Welive in the wild west of Auckland, on the foothills of the Waitakere ranges, a subtropical rainforest covered national park with wild, black sand, surf beaches. Lovely area, but then NZ is full of them. North Island is geothermal hot pools, well presented Maori experiences and anywhere near the coast is beach oriented whereas South Island looks to the wild rural mountains. Well worth a really good, multi-month visit, we've not even made it past halfway down South Island yet! We came when Zu was 8months and emigrated 3 of years later! She is now 7 and her sister 5 and a half. They keep me busy but are pretty laid back as a pair, the first few years were very difficult (not least as i have mobility problems)but now they almost look after themselves!

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 4, 2013, 19:33

didn't lose my message at all did it!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 5, 2013, 05:55

Got both of your messages :)

It seems our children are about the same ages.

I learned early on that If I was going to be away from my juicer for more than 2 hours to always pack a juice or two with me. It's saved my butt a few times.

I know NZ is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. I've wanted to visit it since I was a boy. Maybe next year will finally be the year I do so!

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 5, 2013, 07:29

It is beautiful, especially the last few days, sunny like springtime, positively warm in the sun and a good day to be alive! Have had a bit of a struggle today, tried my gym class and it gave me a cold sweat fast, positively dripped water and didn't feel good. Pleased to say i got through the hour but came home and made another juice, to keep me together! I then had to prepare pasta sauce for my girls supper which smelt SOOO good. Nearly cracked but took all things I miss from rich red sauces, tomatoes, garlic, Italian herbs, courgettes, celery and carrots all whizzed up then heated up to make a lovely warm juice, half before school, thermos-ed the rest, much needed upon my return after a playdate at the school to soak in the sunshine. Two lessons learnt, yoga is ok, cardio/weights are too much and also hearty soup juices do a good job of easing craving!
I hope you make it over here, it is a really stunning country, we loved it so much we stayed!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 5, 2013, 17:28

Sounds like things are going good for you today. Just take it easy on the workouts. They can really drain you while on the fast.

Yeah, I'm going to have to make it over there next year. What is the best time of year to visit?

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 6, 2013, 18:45

I'd recommend after Christmas,the weather tends to settle into warm and less likely to rain in Jan and feb. But weather is so variable, this year we had such a hot summer,it lasted 6months!
Yesterday was really tough, I had an hours physio as well. I am getting very low in energy and am seriously considering starting to introduce solids earlier than 2 weeks. I am needing an afternoon nap, and that is with the iron supplement. I am going to see how today goes, I have a gardening job for 3 hours, but I'm starting to look drawn and pale and have bags under my eyes. Loving the weightloss but I am not a bad eater and have craved a carrot with garlic hummus so I wouldn't be straying far from what i am drinking. Can i juice beans and chickpeas? Anyway, I'll have my Iron and see how i feel in the evening.I may just eat healthy solids for a week then do a 3day every fortnight, something like that.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 6, 2013, 19:03

Doing a three day every fortnight is basically what I do. It works out well after your initial fast.

If you're feeling low on energy try to get some rest when you can. It's okay to take a quick nap to re-energize if you have the time to do it. Also, you may want to make an orange based juice as I find it usually gives me some needed energy. Another thing you can try is a ginger shot. Take 1 golden delicious apple, 3-5cm of ginger and juice them up. It has a pleasant taste with a bit of hot to it but it usually gets me going.

Robp
Juice Expert
Robp
on: August 6, 2013, 20:09

Don't push yourself too hard while fasting, while you are getting all the nutrients you need with this fast, you're not getting the fibre and you won't have the stamina you would normally have. I reckon stick with the fast for 2wks, it takes about a week to clean out the system, cut down on the exercise while you're fasting and pick it up again when you come off the fast

leomie
Juice Expert
on: August 7, 2013, 06:15

I had 3 hours gardening today and was fine but I'll steer clear of gym and even physio until I am done. Always think i can do everything! Importantly, yesterdays exhaustion is explained, possibly too much information but it is the time of the month, never good. All going smoothly so far,my hormones are a strong reason for the cleanse anyway. I was in hospital for an operation in February for a hormone related op and my skins been awful since, I really want to clean up my diet, cure my sweet (chocolate) tooth to balance my hormones and gain control of the sugar cravings. I am intolerant of sugar and salt so this seemed the best way to re-program my system. I just wasn't mentally strong enough to take control of that area of my diet while also cutting everything else gluten, dairy, mushroom and chicken from my diet. I am now ready! I won't go vegan though,I love eggs and I'm not intolerant, Woohoo!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 7, 2013, 19:53

Like Rob said, cut down on the exercise. It's good to cut back during the first few days to a week until your body gets adjusted. After that, just don't over due it and listen to your body. Sorry to hear of your operation. Another great thing about juicing is what it does for your skin. Keep at it and you'll start to see differences in the vibrancy of your skin.

Pages: 1 2

Tags: , , , ,