twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: 10 day fast beginning 5/28

jdonuts
Juicer
10 day fast beginning 5/28
on: May 28, 2013, 14:35

I know I'm a bit short on notice, but I have been supplemental juicing for a month and finally decided to go "juice only" for 10 days. I am new to the site, and I am excited to see so many people interested in juicing. For me, juicing is another step in my road back to health. I started by joining a gym and have been following an exercise plan for almost two months now. I am interested to see the interplay between the exercise and the fast. I know it may be difficult at first and I might need to adjust the routine, but I am excited nonetheless.

Claire
Juice Expert
Claire
Re: 10 day fast beginning 5/28
on: May 28, 2013, 16:27

Awesome! I'm starting June 1st and have been supplemental juicing for about a week and a half. I can't wait to start!

jdonuts
Juicer
on: May 28, 2013, 21:50

So far, so good. Of course, I came home to the neighbor firing up the grill, but so is life. My at home juice was 2 celery stalks, 3 carrots, 5 dinosaur kale leaves, small bunch spinach, few sprigs parsley, small apple, small pear, quarter cucumber, and a nickel size piece of ginger. A little parsely goes a long way! The wheatgrass on my window sill is almost ready to go. It is suprisingly easy to grow and read in about 10 days.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 28, 2013, 23:52

I've been wanting to grow my own wheatgrass for a while now. I'll have to look into it!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

jdonuts
Juicer
on: May 29, 2013, 13:22

I was surprised how easy it was to grow wheatgrass. Just a few inches of soil (organic) in a window box. Soak the seeds for 24 hours. Then drain and rinse every 12 hours for a day or two. No need to soak again after the initial 24 hour period. Once the seeds have sprouted to a 1/8 inch place in the soil and cover with a dusting of soil. You can sow the seeds rather densely since the actual grass will take up less space than the seeds. Place in a sunny window sill (inside) and it is ready to juice in 10 days. If your soil is deep enough you may not even need to water after the initial watering. Cut the grass by the soil and you can get another crop out of the same planting.

Jenny
Juicer
on: May 29, 2013, 14:29

Hi jdonuts,

That sounds interesting. Where did you get your seeds at?

I agree, that is a killer when the neighbor grills. I have one that is grilling constantly and oh does it smell good. He usually does steaks. I fell like the little train that could; keep repeating I think I can, I think I can!

Good luck with your fast.

jdonuts
Juicer
on: May 29, 2013, 14:54

I got my seeds from Mustard Seed Market in Solon, Ohio, but many vendors sell them online. My packet said it planted an 8 x 10 inch flat. It is no wonder that wheatgrass is expensive to buy "out." You really do need quite a bit of grass to make an ounce of juice (and a masticating juicer, I have an Omega.) As for the grilling, I just think of it as free smells! Although I may not eat meat right away after the fast, I will most likely fire up some grilled veggies just for that grilled taste again. Earlier in life I went vegetarian for about 3 years (just a health choice, not an ethics thing) and I waffle about going back. Juicing appears to be the sweet spot for me.

jdonuts
Juicer
on: May 29, 2013, 15:23

I just realized that I am not craving coffee today for the first time in a long time. I woke up and had water with lemon and then my morning juice and I was ready to go. There is something about the juice that gives me seriously quick energy. I am on my second day of only juice, but even before the fast, when I would drink a glass of juice, it was like having the ultimate energy drink. I really hope the coffee craving does not return. I am also surprised because usually any absence of coffee would give me a whopper headache and so far no headache. Any one else have issues with kicking coffee?

HealthyBMIWom-
an
Juicer
HealthyBMIWoman
on: May 29, 2013, 15:40

Good job jdonuts. I'm on day three here and I feel great. I too drank a cup a day of coffee but I think quitting cold is the best solution. The lemon drink does suffice, at least for me it does. Happy Juicing!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 30, 2013, 01:07

Remember, you can also substitute tea for coffee. It's much healthier but stay away from the black tea as it's caffeine quantity is very high. Stick to whites and occasional green teas.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

quetxalli
Juice Expert
quetxalli
on: May 30, 2013, 05:08

Hi, I today is my 7th day juicing and I feel fantastic! The other day at work someone started grilling right next to us and the smell almost makes me go from juicing to carnivore again! hahaha Even the simple smell of my mom's beans almost makes me break the fast. I don't know, there is something about smells that make me want to eat more than anything else. I feel that juicing has revived my smelling sense, too, because I smell everything so much stronger now... I don't know if it is just my imagination, though.

I have never grown wheatgrass before but I have been sprouting different seeds and grains like alfalfa, broccoli, garbanzo beans, sunflower seeds and others for a while and they are sooo easy to make! You can sprout all of the above with no soil and some you can do with or without. I got my seeds from Mumm's Seeds online (http://usastore.sprouting.com/) and they superb. I will have to order some wheatgrass seeds to grow and juice with my (soon-to-arrive) manual masticating juicer.

Good night! Happy juicing!

-Quetxalli
"Let you body guide you, it is wise. It will alert you when you need to walk away from a situation, feeling tension and discomfort. It will also tell you when you are aligned with who you are, feeling relaxation and well-being."

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 30, 2013, 10:23

Quetxalli, it's funny you mention smell. Smell and taste seem to double or triple while your on a juice fast. When I came off my fast my taste was completely different. Some things I used to enjoy before the fast weren't near as appetizing afterwords. I found I was craving fruits and vegetables more than anything. Also, I used to really enjoy a good quality beer. Not so much after the juice fast. Congrats on 7 days of juicing quetxalli! You are doing so good! Keep it up! Happy Juicing!

jdonuts
Juicer
on: May 30, 2013, 13:40

Thanks for the input on the sprouts. I have heard that they are easy to do and highly nutritious. Last night (second night of fast) was a little rough. Got a low grade headache and was really, really tired. I slept like a rock. I feel good this morning and appear to have no residual problems from yesterday evening. Everyone says that day two is rough, and I can certainly confirm that advice. Thanks to everyone for all the advice and support.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: May 31, 2013, 04:37

Jdonuts, you can take ibuprofen or tylenol if you need to. Glad you feel good though! It's only going to get easier from this point forward!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,