twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Whats the right juicer for me?

DiamondSea
Juicer
Whats the right juicer for me?
on: February 19, 2014, 09:44

Hello!

I have a new year resolution to start making and drinking juice and I have to buy a juicer.

I was wondering if you had some advice for the product that is best for me. The things I care about would be

1 - noise level: I'd like it to be a lot less than your average blender

2 - ease of cleaning: I'd want something I can clean by just quickly rinsing it in the kitchen sink as soon as I am done using it

3 - reliability: I'm used to things that work well and consistently

I want to start to drink juice because there's a number of vegetables and fruit I'm not very fond of when it comes to taste/texture/whatever, but I'd be happy to access their nutrients through a liquid juice (not a smoothie) I can gulp sort of quickly. These would be tomatoes, broccoli, onions, kiwis, grapes, brussel sprouts, eggplant.
I'm ok with spending some money, I see this as an investment in health. 250-350 USD is an acceptable price for me.

Looking forward to hearing some suggestions :)

Many thanks :)

gb86
Juicer
gb86
Re: Whats the right juicer for me?
on: February 23, 2014, 12:05

I wads looking for some of the features you were interested in...... I ultimately decided on this unit.

GB

Omega J8004 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Low Speed Masticating Juicer, White

The Omega J8004 Nutrition Center is a masticating style juicer. Sometimes referred to as a low speed juicer, the Nutrition Center processes at 80rpm, whereas most other juicers process at a speed of 1,650 to 15,000rpm. The low speed protects and maintains healthy enzymes, prevents oxidation and allows juice to be stored up to 72 hours without degradation. The GE Ultem Auger is 8x stronger than most other plastics and the powerful gear reduction is equivalent to a 2HP Motor. The dual stage juice processing system extracts the maximum amount of juice from fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, even wheatgrass! You can also use the nutrition center to turn nuts into nut butters (an all-natural peanut butter), make baby food from natural, fresh ingredients, whip up soy milk, extrude pasta, grind coffee and spices, and mince herbs and garlic. Make delicious and nutritious drinks and snacks that everyone will love. Measuring 7in wide, 15.5in deep and 8.5in tall.

Product Features

Low speed, masticating style juicing system
Omega's Nutrition Center does more than just juice. You can turn nuts into nut butters (an all-natural peanut butter), make baby food from natural, fresh ingredients, whip up soy milk, extrude pasta, grind coffee and spices, and mince herbs and garlic.
Juicer processes at 80rpm's. Low speed or masticating style juicer squeezes, instead of grinding, which allows the juice to maintain its pure color, natural taste, vitamins and nutrients.
Powerful gear reduction is equivalent to a 2HP Motor.
Includes a GE Ultem Auger which is 8x stronger than most other plastics.
Dual stage juicer. First, juice is extracted by crushing the fruit or vegetable. Then, before the pulp is ejected, the pulp is squeezed during the second pressed stage. This results in a higher yield of juice and a very dry pulp.
Extracts the maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins, taste and juice from minimum amounts of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens such as spinach and kale, even wheatgrass.
The low speed system does not mean a longer time to juice. It means a more efficient juicer. More nutrients and antioxidants, plus better flavored juice and freshness.
The low speed system limits froth and foam preventing oxidation.
Juice can be stored for up to 72 hours without degradation or the juice separation that occurs with other juicers.

GarrickDee
Juicer
GarrickDee
on: March 1, 2014, 10:37

The Omega was also my first choice but I ended up with a Hurom HU-100 because it took up less space but I needed to pre-cut stringy greens like celery to small chunks so it wouldn't clog the outlet where pulp comes out, I think with that Omega juicer you don't need to pre cut greens because pulp comes out directly from the auger. So if you have space I'd take the Omega as gb86 recommends.

roger james
Juicer
on: March 31, 2014, 09:24

The Omega J8004 is a great juicer in this class but you could also look at the Kuvings NJE-3570U at around the same price or the Breville BJS600XL

levbsr
Juicer
on: March 31, 2014, 19:09

Go with the Omega ^. I've found that the juice output is excellent, space is pretty decent, clean up is average, and the price is reasonable. I think it's one of the better juicers.

april_crawfor-
d
Juicer
april_crawford
on: October 14, 2014, 00:45

Hi DiamondSea,

As many others have already mentioned, depending on what type of juice you prefer, it is important that you understand the differences between juicers and get the right type of juicer.

There are basically three types of juicers:
Centrifugal Juicers
Masticating Juicers
Performance Blenders

Centrifugal Juicers are high speed juicers. They grate fruits and vegetables and spin at high speed to separate the juice from the pulp. They produce very dry pulp (so, more juice) – but are not that great with leafy greens and grass.

Masticating Juicers are slow juicers that crush and grind the ingredients and produce juice that is a bit more pulpy – i.e. smoother and thicker. They can work with all types of fruits and vegetables, including leafy greens and grass (wheatgrass).

Performance Blenders blend pretty much anything with the help of blades at the bottom of the bowl. They can work with fruits, vegetables, grass, leafy greens and even frozen ingredients. Pulp is not removed and you get a thick, smoothie-like beverage.

The Best Juicer (http://whatrocksandwhatsucks.com/best-juicer-machine/) for you will be the one will best suit your needs. Do not get a blender. If you like a leaner, pulp-free juice, then I would go with a good Centrifugal one. It seems to be more popular since they tend to take most of the pulp out. If you get the Breville Compact Juice Fountain (On Amazon for 79 Bucks), it will juice pretty much everything. I tried it with leafy spinach and wheatgrass and it worked just fine. And if you are like me, you can use the pulp in other recipes as well.

Goodluck.

juicermoz
Juice Professional
on: August 1, 2017, 06:11

The higher end centrifugal juicers are owned by most people because of their speed and efficiency. You can juice fast, clean it up fast and the good ones extract A LOT of juice from the produce. These high speed juicers work with centrifugal force to extract the juice.

Juicertopicre-
views
Juicer
Juicertopicreviews
on: August 11, 2017, 05:44

The Vonshef Fruit Vegetable Masticating Juicer is a great juicer. There are also decent juicer like omega, skg and Breville in the market!

david308
Juicer
on: September 12, 2017, 16:32

Sounds like the Omega is the closest to what you need! I guess you could get either the Omega J8004, or the J8006 which is quite similar in description:

It fits nicely and stays quiet on your countertop, but it is much more powerful than you think. It comes with a food processor attachment to chop and mince, saving you time when preparing meals for your elderly parents or four-toothed baby. Also in the package is a pasta nozzle for your perfect homemade spaghetti. The juicer can even grind the nuts to make you coffee powder!

If you have a busy lifestyle and are planning to use your juicer regularly, seriously consider short cleanup time as a criteria.

Too many people have bought a juicer or coffee maker thinking they were going to use it every day, only to realize that the nuisance of cleanup eventually wears their passion out. If you have to spend a good 10 minutes on cleaning the juicer for a glass of carrot juice every morning, it will be less than a month before it sits quietly to collect dust in your cupboard.

This Omega masticating juicer is one of the easiest to assemble and disassemble, and to clean up. With the help of a brush, it takes about three minutes to wash it - reasonable time for a busy bee.

The good thing is, you don’t even have to juice and wash the machine every day. Prepare your fruits and veggies, juice once and you can store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. The juicer produces thick, fine juices that won’t degrade or separate in 72 hours.

The only possible downside you may find about this item is that its chute is a fairly small tube. A big carrot won’t go pass the tube, and it can get clogged if you try to push in big batches of fruits at once. The solution is simple: have the large pieces chopped before you juice it.

PROS:
- Dual stage juicing system, saves nutrients
- Produces high quality juice, dry pulp
- Juice can be stored for 72 hours
- Juices soft and hard fruits as well as leafy greens
- Grinds nuts, coffee beans
- Chops and mince spices and food
CONS:
- Can’t handle large pieces
- Plastic screen
Source: https://lunaregina.com/best-juicers/

Joomlabla
Juicer
Joomlabla
on: November 19, 2018, 08:25

Choosing the right green smoothie blender for the task at hand is important – but so is choosing one that is right for the drinker is the most important.

Vitamix 5200 is easily our number one pick of the best blenders for green smoothies. If you want a smoothie that is versatile and powerful, you can’t go wrong with picking on the Vitamix brand. The blender holds up to 64 oz., which makes it highly valuable for saving time when serving a whole lot of people and comes with a seven-year warranty.

Nutri Ninja BL770 is an extremely powerful choice for those looking to pulverize ingredients. If you are working with green ingredients that are leafier or want to add ice that cools down your smoothie without making it gritty, Nutri Ninja BL770 can easily handle the job.

Oster BVCB07-Z00-000 is a great choice when you’re on a budget and still want to get in your green smoothie for the day. Powerful enough to get the job done but easy enough on your wallet, the Oster is a great budgeted blender for green smoothies.
Source: https://wisepick.org/best-blender-for-green-smoothies/

Xenonaisli
Juicer
on: December 26, 2018, 14:04

Hey man, I recently bought a juicer for a gift. Chose a long time but found a good comparison her ecolifemaster.com/best-juicer-for-greens/. I think it would help with this. Merry Christmas!

Covercy
Juicer
on: September 22, 2019, 07:26

You have a large market out there with the giants like Philips, Panasonic, and others throwing their weight behind some of the High-Quality Juicers. Let us look at the best juicers and read juicers review first.

Huntn
Juicer
Huntn
on: November 23, 2019, 17:16

You can use a regular juicer to extract the citrus juices and wouldn’t need an electric juicer for this purpose. Whereas for other fruits and vegetables, you would require to get yourself a centrifuge or cold press juicer.

juicers review

Huntn
Juicer
Huntn
on: December 23, 2019, 13:52

You can use a regular juicer to extract the citrus juices and wouldn’t need an electric juicer for this purpose. Whereas for other fruits and vegetables, you would require to get yourself a centrifuge or cold press juicer.

juicers review

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,