twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Whats the best masticating juicer?

TimothyGiles
Juicer
Whats the best masticating juicer?
on: June 26, 2015, 21:45

I'm really into juicing now and have realised that I don't like my current centrifugal juicer from Kenwood. Mainly because my eyes have been opened to the better options on the market from a demonstration of a masticating juicer at John Lewis (a department store in the UK). The orange juice that was served via the slower and far less aggressive process was velvety in texture and rich with flavour. Unlike my centrifugal juicer.

The only problem was the demonstrated juicer is definitely a chore to clean and after searching the internet for a powerfuk and slow masticating juicer. That is easy to clean, I came across this one: http://www.slinkystudio.info/reviews/retro-cold-press-juicer-review It's called the Retro Cold Press Juicer, yes it looks cool, but more importably the juicing results look amazing! It seems to offer good value for the set of features. Could anyone assist with my search and suggest some other similar options, that could also prove even more affordable?

JudithK
Juicer
Re: Whats the best masticating juicer?
on: June 30, 2015, 00:58

Hi Tim,
I bought the Omega J8006 which has been my dream come true. It super easy to clean(all the detachable pieces come apart very easily) and as long as you clean it right away the pulp just rinses right off (never let the pulp sit in ANY screen of the juicer, once it dries, you'll turn a 5 second job into a half hour one). The pulp is also bone dry when it comes out.

The juice I get is almost double the amount I got from my old juicer (Jack LaLanne) and I'm sure most other cheap juicers.

If you can find the Omega on sale you should be able to get it for less then $300(a small price for the tremendous value, I feel). Oh and it's quiet!! All you hear is the chomping of veggies.

You can also juice wheat grass and make nut butters and milks.

I use the leftover pulp in sauces and soups a lot or I give my bunny a treat if it's something he can eat so nothing ever goes to waste.

Since I've not used any other juicer I can't say it's the best but I can say that I wouldn't care if there were better...it has made it so easy for me to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my families diet which is priceless to a mother of carnivores!!

There's a guy on YouTube that does comparisons of all the top juicers but putting them to the test...his name is John Kohler and he runs growingyourgreens you tube channel. If you do a search you should be able to find his channel. It helped me a lot in choosing mine.

I hope I could help and good luck with your new juicer!

Cheers!
~Judith

Tobbe
Juicer
on: July 8, 2015, 08:08

I bought the Omega Sana 606 Euro model a couple of weeks ago and it's very simple to clean.
Take a look at this Video in the end where he cleans it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_blZvAS1SeA

wildjuicer
Juicer
on: July 12, 2015, 07:30

What about hand crank juicers?

Slow as you want, like this one

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2015-Antronic-no-power-hand-maker_60225796265.html?spm=a2700.7724838.35.1.fmosbW&s=p

I bought mine from http://www.healthyjuicer.com but I over paid, they are much cheaper elsewhere. I juice lots of grass and weeds.

Do not be misled by the low price of the Healthy Juicer. All parts of the juicer are made of tough plastics which are practically indestructible. The auger is made of BPA-Free POM plastic which is virtually indestructible. The tip of the auger and end cap are made of all stainless steel. All materials used in the Healthy Juicer are non-toxic FDA approved. With the Healthy Juicer you will want to juice more because it is easier to use and clean! What good is a juicer if you end up never using it? The Healthy Juicer is more efficient at juicing wheatgrass and leafy greens. Below, on the left is an actual picture of two samples of wheatgrass after being run through two juicers. The top one is a typical metal hand juicer and the bottom one is from the Healthy Juicer. Notice how the bottom sample from the Healthy Juicer is like a piece of rope. Completely dry with every bit of juice extracted. The other sample still has blades of grass that have not been crushed.

I would love to know some opinions from different juicing experts on here, what are the differences and advantages from these hand crank slow juicers to the electric ones?

cisyyang
Juicer
cisyyang
on: July 17, 2015, 04:08

SKG 2088 Low Speed Big Calibre Slow Juicer is the best. Remain the nutrition in large portion of the fruits or vegetable. And compared to other juicers, the price is cheaper but of high quality,the Housing Stainless steel make this juicer more durable. It'e easy to clean as well which is important I think.

Gabriella28
Juicer
on: August 11, 2015, 10:40

We some days ago bought an Andrew James slow juicer, and i have to say is the best. At least the slow juicers are really better than others. Slow juicing is the best way to ensure you gain all the beneficial nutrients from fruit and vegetables. And they say "The low speed of the motor makes extracting juice an efficient and energy-saving process, whilst filling your glass with juice just as quickly as other types of juicer" Anyway here the link where we buy it, it is true that is UK based shop, but is anyone interested in here can check it. http://kitchen-equipments.co.uk/andrew-james-black-professional-masticating-slow-juicer-with-quiet-running-400w-motor-for-highly-efficient-juice-extraction-includes-2-year-warranty or more slow juicer here. http://kitchen-equipments.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=Slow%20Juicer

LucyJuice
Juicer
on: August 20, 2015, 15:12

The Mastone 6 in 1 could be a good choice. It's a masticating juicer and, unlike most, it's pretty easy to clean. It juices all fruits and vegetables, and even does other crazy things like make bread sticks, pasta, and baby food. Now that's added value is you ask me :)

On a serious note it's perfect for juicing dark, leafy greens. I'm sure you experienced problems with your centrifugal juicer, and were probably met with a lot of foam. This particular juice will combat those problems. They're also currently on sale at Juiceproducer here: http://www.juiceproducer.com/matstone-6-in-1-juicer-ivory-with-free-book-p121. Win, win!

JimD
Juicer
JimD
on: August 23, 2015, 22:26

It really seems to me like a lot of these juicers are manufactured in the same factory and branded differently. Certainly this is a common practice with physical goods. Will have to second the Omega J8006. Someone else mentioned the Mastone 6-in1. This looks a lot like the Omega J8006. I know for sure it's extremely versatile and the last time I checked the Omega had a 15 year warranty. Hope that helps!

Marha Mauss
Juicer
on: December 17, 2016, 18:29

Go Juicersurvey.com you will find your desired answer ..

chrisjuicedie-
ts
Juicer
on: December 20, 2016, 23:33

New to this site, hope I don't sounds dense!
I got this juicer as a gift about a year ago and love it. Easy to use and clean. Found it on Amazon but I think it's available everywhere.
Chef's Star Slow Masticating Juicer

mylogic
Juicer
mylogic
on: January 19, 2017, 09:41

I have tried to prepare a buyer guide for masticating juicers. I appreciate if you could check it and leave feedback => http://www.adoubtingthomas.com/juicers/masticating-juicer-reviews-ultimate-buyers-guide/

ormaman333
Juice Expert
on: February 12, 2017, 21:10

How is your research going?

juicermoz
Juice Professional
on: August 1, 2017, 06:03

Masticating juicers are slow juicers that involves no spinning, this helps to retain the nutrients in your fruits and vegetables, on the other hand centrifugal juicers are fast juicers that involve high speed spinning, this makes masticating juicers the most preferred type of juicer.

Regina
Juicer
Regina
on: July 10, 2019, 09:01

Quote from juicermoz on August 1, 2017, 06:03
Masticating juicers are slow juicers that involves no spinning, this helps to retain the nutrients in your fruits and vegetables, on the other hand centrifugal juicers are fast juicers that involve high speed spinning, this makes masticating juicers the most preferred type of juicer.

Twice that. It has probably been posted, from my experience, centrifugal juicers are convenient, but cause too much oxidation, they spin way too fast, you need to drink juice right away. But I've never tried Retro before. If you have time, I'd use Omega (it's for leafy greens), which are slower, but the juice lasts up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Seriously pay attention to a non BPA plastic that comes in contact with food/juice, earlier Omegas are made with the BPA plastic. I make veggie juices, never fruit, too much sugar to fast, you need the fiber from fruit, so chew it up.

Timnjulie
Juicer
Timnjulie
on: February 27, 2020, 10:27

Quality is an important factor when choosing a juicer. Companies that are worth their price will offer some form of a warranty, with many offering warranties on juicer models of up to 10+ years in some cases.

kuvings slow juicer

Covercy
Juicer
on: April 17, 2020, 22:59

I personally use Breville masticating juicer. Breville is a little more expensive than the other models we’ve showcased, but it’s well worth it. This sleek, silvertone vertical juicer functions at a low speed in order to cold-press juice out of a host of ingredients. The operating speed is 80 revolutions per minute. The motor offers a full 240 watts of power.

mogan
Juicer
on: September 12, 2020, 17:08

A juicer under $100 is it great for heavy duty juicing? Because i don't have much money to invest but still want an efficient machine that can help me do daily juice. Although, i am trying to analyze some units here https://consumerhome.org/best-juicer-under-100-reviews/

juicermoz
Juice Professional
on: September 14, 2020, 11:43

"Omega 8008 Juicer" Is a heavy duty masticating juicer. Check out the review here (https://juicermoz.com/omega-8008-juicer/) for a better understanding.

juicermoz
Juice Professional
on: October 2, 2020, 07:17

Masticating juicers do a very good job preserving the nutrients. it is suitable for anyone. Here's a list of best masticating juicers in the market :https://juicermoz.com/best-masticating-juicer/

AlbertStrack
Juicer
on: June 10, 2021, 10:57

A Masticating juicer can be known by numerous names and some allude to them as either Cold Press juicers or Slow juicers. They work by pounding and squeezing juice out of fixings using a lethargic pivoting forecast (screw) and a screen. Because of their sluggish turning speed, Masticating juicers can work all the more unobtrusively and they can separate a lot more significant returns of juice from similar load of fixings. That covers the nuts and bolts of masticating juicers, yet there is something else entirely to them than that, as they can be separated into 3 further classes. for more source: http://www.thejuicerking.com

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,