twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Starting out and have a question

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
Starting out and have a question
on: September 25, 2013, 10:24

Hello all,

I got onto juicing after watching the movie Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead...quite the eye opener. I came across this site as the forums seemed a little more active.

I am looking at getting started on Monday 30th September, so I can take time to try out the juices and make sure that there are none that may not go down well 😀

I have a question to ask:

In regards to the juices available for the 7 day program, does it matter that i consume one more than the other? Lets say for breakfast, i prefer the Morning Glory more than the Jolt juice and make that 4-5 times during the week. Does this apply to the Lunch and Dinner options? The reason i ask is that i have read to keep it to an 80/20 rule to be successful.

Looking forward to getting stuck into it and will make sure i detail my progress in the forums.

Regards
Rob

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Starting out and have a question
on: September 25, 2013, 15:29

Hi Rob! Welcome to JOJ and congrats on preparing to start your juice fast!

It's fine if you have more or less juice than the recommended 4-6 juices per day. The key is to listen to your body and have a juice when you feel hungry. You can have any combination of juices so if you prefer the Morning Glory as opposed to the Jolt Juice then by all means, stick with the Morning Glory! You'll get the best results by sticking to the 80/20 rule but feel free to experiment. The important thing is that you get juices in you throughout the day. So it's fine to start off with some more fruity drinks if you want. Just keep it a goal to work towards more veggie heavy juices during the first few days.

Keep me posted and remember, I'm always here if you have any questions Rob! I wish you all the best!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
on: September 25, 2013, 20:51

Thanks JOJ, your feedback is much appreciated.

The reason i asked is that i am wanting take charge of my intake of sugar, as i am handling type 2 through diet (no meds required and doing well). I was hoping that someone might actually have a daily/weekly meal plan that they have put in place which gives them the desired 80/20 which i could use as a guide. The other option is to better educate myself on what foods are what 😀

Over the past 2 months i have been following a low calorie diet which has enabled me to lose 10kg already but i love the idea of juicing for the cleansing and energy levels. Losing weight will be a bonus but i am all about conditioning myself and getting my body into better shape.

I know that i can strictly adhere to this as i swear i am a little OCD when it comes to most things :)

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Rob

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 26, 2013, 16:28

Rob, if you make sure you are only using 1-2 fruits per juice you'll come out right around the 80/20 ratio. A good way to do this is to use either 1 apple, orange, pear, etc, along with 1/4 lemon. This will keep the sugar levels in check for you.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
on: September 27, 2013, 09:53

You're a good man JOJ.

Have now tried all the juices and they all get the tick of approval.

Off to the Grand Final tomorrow so will be my swansong before starting as i will be indulging in a few bevvies over the course of the day 😀

Will start to document the journey when i start up on Monday....

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: September 27, 2013, 11:57

Hey Rob I look forward in following your journey.. I am on day 3 and starting to feel really good! Still have cravings but I am going to stick with this as I know its doing amazing things to my body! Ok keep us posted and I will also share my journey also...

Good luck and cheers!

robsanders
Juice Expert
robsanders
on: September 29, 2013, 11:14

Quote from JustOnJuice on September 26, 2013, 16:28
Rob, if you make sure you are only using 1-2 fruits per juice you'll come out right around the 80/20 ratio. A good way to do this is to use either 1 apple, orange, pear, etc, along with 1/4 lemon. This will keep the sugar levels in check for you.

I figured i will follow the recipes given for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for the 2 week Juice Fast plan. Should be pretty right with those?

Big day tomorrow.........DAY #1

sputnick
Juice Professional
sputnick
on: September 29, 2013, 14:36

Hey guys just wondering can you chew gum on this juice fast? Just curious...

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 29, 2013, 23:18

Rob, congrats on day 1 tomorrow! Keep us posted!

Nick, you can chew sugar free gum if you like. It's a good distraction.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,