twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Protien

Doreen
Juicer
Doreen
Protien
on: July 15, 2013, 11:43

Hi all, I have been poking around and reading all your wonderful posts about juicing, I have a Breville juicer thats a year old and used twice...I am a 56 year old female work out regularly and run 12-20 miles weekly. I am noticing that weight is creeping up and what was the last 10 lbs is now 15. I just don't have any more available time to devote to the gym...so I am ready to try a juice fast my question is how to get the protien I need while juicing? Typically I am a big Non-fat yogurt and fish consumer I am not fond of powders and substitutes is there any fruits and vegetables that will do the trick and taste good too?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Protien
on: July 15, 2013, 11:55

Doreen, thanks for your comment. For protein you'll get plenty of it. Take a look at this article as it will answer your questions on protein.

http://www.justonjuice.com/how-do-i-get-protein-during-a-juice-fast/

You'll do great and lose those weight on a juice fast Doreen! I'll be here if you have any questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Doreen
Juicer
Doreen
on: July 15, 2013, 12:02

Thanks for your speedy response... Ok, I am in no more excuses. Going to start with the 3 day fast :)

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 15, 2013, 17:30

Awesome Doreen! Start today, our group fast just started and you can still join us.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

Doreen
Juicer
Doreen
on: July 16, 2013, 11:02

I made a juice breakfast with what i had in the fridge, apple, peach and carrots i was going to have oatmeal. The apple, peach and carrots would have been snacks for the day.... I told my husband and he immediately said "you juiced!!! I want to juice" so I made the trip to the grocery store .... he usually has allergic reaction to fruit with rinds (watermelon, honeydew, melons and banana) so he rarely eats fruit and is a carnavor all the way. I made the v-8 juice last night and he downed it with gusto! Our plan is to try a different recipe each evening until we have a good idea what he can tolorate without a reaction and then we are going for the 7 day fast. I will say this after yesterdays "breakfast" juice which tasted awesome I got a rush that I can't explain almost light headed but then about 20 minutes later I was full of energy and that lasted until 2pm then I got hungry. Awesome

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 16, 2013, 19:33

That's awesome Doreen! The energy will last if you keep juicing. It's incredible how our bodies react when giving the proper nutrients that it needs. It's great that your husband is wanting to juice with you. Make sure you peel the rinds off and clean everything really good. If he can't handle the fruits with rinds there are plenty of alternatives he can use instead. It sounds like you're off to an amazing start. Keep me posted and as always, I'll be here if you have any questions.

irene
irene
on: July 17, 2013, 07:13

hello Doreen & welcome to JOJ....I have lost 22lbs in 22 days Thanks to Juicing..........Best of luck on your weight loss journey and share with the forum all the experiences of your Journey Trust me it helps it will keep u going..........

Cheers.

Doreen
Juicer
Doreen
on: July 17, 2013, 11:54

Irene ....AWESOME!!! 22 lbs in 22 days crazy cool. As I mentioned in yesterday's email hubby and I are trying out recipes and not fully committed to just juicing as of yet. I lost 3 lbs crazy... and Don I have another question for you... I LOVE coffee ... I mean I can't pass Starbucks with out stopping LOVE! I don't use sugar just milk.... I drank 1 cup yesterday and today I wasn't really interested in it can you explain why that might be? I also am losing my appetite for snacks I do want my yogurt and oatmeal though :)I haven't had any but still want to!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 17, 2013, 21:23

Doreen, as your body adjusts to the juice, so does your mind. You start to not crave things that you once craved. You're taste buds even reset. Some things that used to taste good, won't anymore. Your body is recognizing all the nutrients you've started giving it. You'll soon have cravings for the juice!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,