twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: My first experience juicing!

anitadd
Juicer
anitadd
My first experience juicing!
on: July 10, 2013, 20:33

Hello forum!
I am currently researching and reading everything I can get my hands on to research juicing. Fortunately, my neighbor has a VitaMix 5000 that I can use before I invest in a juicer. I have so much to learn and look forward to getting healthy.

I welcome any direction, advice, warnings and experiences. A little bit about myself:
I am 56. Female. Lost my job 2 years ago and have not been able to get a corporate job nor a job at Target and Trader Joes. (I live in Los Angeles) I've gained weight, cannot sleep, suffer from depression and Adult ADD/ADHD. I currently take Cymbalta, Wellbutrin and Adderall.

Because my meds contain stimulants, will they counteract the benefits of juicing? Cymbalta is something that CANNOT be stopped overnight. Anyone who takes it is aware of the devastating effects.

Any suggestions? I welcome and look forward to this journey and am grateful this forum gives me the opportunity to not go it alone.

Cheers!

A

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: My first experience juicing!
on: July 10, 2013, 23:27

Anitadd, welcome to JOJ and the forum! A VitaMix is great for blending and it will be a great head start for you before you get your juicer. Your meds may affect your juicing, or the other way around. It's probably best you explain to your doctor what you plan on doing so he/she can monitor and adjust your meds accordingly.

You'll be loading up with vitamins and nutrients and they most likely will change your mood, how you feel, and more in a positive way. So check with your doctor and get his/her advice. Refer them to the site if you have to. If your doc isn't sure about it, get a second opinion from a a doctor who practices naturopathic medicine.

I'll be here if you have any questions. You can do this Anitadd!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

anitadd
Juicer
anitadd
on: July 10, 2013, 23:47

Thank you so much! How kind of you to reply so quickly and personally. I will contact my doctor as I wanted to start on Friday. I will definitely not begin with her direction and/or supervision. I am hoping to find journals from members like myself on this site. I think I won't feel so alone and inexperienced.

Stay tuned!
Cheers!

anitadd
Juicer
anitadd
on: July 11, 2013, 01:28

Just one more thing that NO blogs talks about: We don't know each other so please answer honestly and openly so I may be in the loop: What should I expect when it comes to excreting all these toxins i.e. in the loo. Healthy bowel movements, stomach ache sick feeling? It's all gotta come out somewhere! Body can only sweat and phlegm so much!

Be as graphic as you need. I've been in Radio & Records for 25+ years and have seen it all!

Muhas, JustOnJuice!
A

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 11, 2013, 04:56

A, I get asked that questions a lot! I'll break it down for you so you know what to expect. When you juice you are eliminating solids in your diet. It's common to have bowel movements for the first few days as you are cleaning out what has been stored in there for the previous days worth of eating solids.

When you juice, the juice isn't digested at all, it's actually absorbed into your system since it's already at it's most broken down phase. This accounts for the lack of bowl movements you'll experience after 3-5 days. Don't mistake it for constipation, you simply wont have anything in your system to warrant a bowel movement. During a juice fast you aren't giving your body anything to digest. So most of your waste and toxins will get released through your urine.

But during the first few days it can be similar to washing a really muddy car. That stuff can get real caked up on the inside of your intestines. It will start to break up and come out as your digestive system gets the proper hydration. If you get a stomach ache, it's most likely do to having too much of a particular ingredient that doesn't set well with you, or it could be because you aren't drinking enough water. So keep hydrated and drink a lot of water on your fast A.

Hope that helped A! Let me know if you have any other questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

werner1950
Juice Expert
on: July 11, 2013, 11:00

I am on Day 4 of a Juice Fast. Day 3 was my hardest day. Very sluggish and headachy. But I am quite sure my headache was more related to the caffeine withdrawal. I cheated on Day 1 and 2 had started the day off with a coffee. Day 3 I went cold turkey. I have a slight headache at the start of Day 4.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 11, 2013, 11:24

Werner, sorry about the headaches. Those caffeine headaches will go away. It's great to not be dependent on caffeine.

It sounds like your still going through detox. That phase is just about over. Soon it will be smooth sailing and you'll be loving it! Keep up the juicing Werner, you're doing great!

anitadd
Juicer
anitadd
on: July 11, 2013, 18:26

Thank you for letting me know what to expect. It makes sense how you explained and your analogy is perfect. Rather than start tomorrow, I will do the prep and hydrate and cut out processed foods, dairy, caffeine, etc. Last night I pounded a steak and three glasses of wine. It would be typical of me to do this the night before and sabotage myself before I even get started. I really want to do this right. I still haven't heard back from my doctor either about my meds.

Thank you for all your time and efforts in helping me.
A

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 11, 2013, 20:08

You're welcome A! I'm glad your prepping to cut out those types of foods. It makes it easier when you start your fast. I've seen too many people gorge themselves the night before thinking they have to eat as much as they possibly can before they start on a fast. Doing that will give you some extreme cravings while on the fast. Not a good thing to do when your only drinking liquids!

Always here to help A.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,