twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Juicing + light meal, what works for me for losing weight

BillR
Juicer
BillR
Juicing + light meal, what works for me for losing weight
on: April 15, 2015, 12:34

I personally believe that what works for one person may not work for another. I *do* believe that juicing to the exclusion of solid food works for nearly everyone as far as losing weight goes, but not everyone can hang in there with no solid food day after day (I'm one of them). I have dropped 16 pounds in 14 days (from 228 to 212), and here's how I did it. Mind you, this if very personal, and this is just what works for me:

1. 64 oz of juice per day, sticking to the ~80% vegatable/~%20 fruit ratio (I use 2 apples for fruit, the rest being a varied variety of kale, broccoli, cucumber, tomato, celery, cabbage, asparagus, and a little ginger root for taste). I personally don't use carrots, as they are pretty high in natural suger content.

2. I spread my juicing throughout the day, and when I'm not drinking the juice, I'm drinking water (~64 oz).

3. I quarter and freeze 1 chicken (rotisserie from the store if you're lazy like me).

4. I reheat the quarter chicken (by most accounts, ~300-400 calories) and have it with some steamed broccoli.

That's it! This has proven to reliably drop a pound or so a day off of my weight, and keeps me on track so I don't go back to snacking. Once again, this is just what works for me, YMMV. My goal weight is 200 at 6'2".

I know this is not what many juicing purists would recommend, but it is working (for me).

Good luck and take care!

Bill R.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,