twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Juicer question

werner1950
Juice Expert
Juicer question
on: July 18, 2013, 12:22

I have been juicing for almost 2 weeks. Started with a seven day fast, and now eating lightly along with the juice. But I have just about had it with my masticating juicer. It is extremely messy to clean up. and it is so difficult to take apart that my wife cannot do it, even if she wanted to. It takes a lot of strength to remove the basket from the base. And the juice it gives me is very heavy with pulp which makes the juice more like a smoothie at times. When I clean out the basket, the amount of raw material left in there is often quite substantial i.e. a lot of waste. I am kind of ticked.. paid over $200 for this machine.

So I am thinking of going to the Hamilton Beach juicer, Any comments or suggestions?

polarbearlove-
r
Juicer
Re: Juicer question
on: July 18, 2013, 19:04

After researching for two months I went with the Hamilton Beach Juicer. The pros are it has a big huge pulp container, but even with making my juice at night for the next days meals, it fills it to the brim and I should empty it in between. The pulp is wet, but not as wet as other machines I have seen, and I have to cut my beets or a large apple in half or fourths, it started to smoke when trying to do a whole beet, and the beet wasnt that big! I dont "force" things, I just lightly press down on the tube shoot thing. Clean up gets easier as I learn, one thing I am going to start doing is putting a bag in the pulp part thing. And the screen is not that hard to clean with the brush that you get with it. The juice does kinda leak out onto the base of the motor, and its kind of hard to get into that to clean it. Lots of little nooks and crannys. Its not a bad thing, its mostly just irratating. I do wish though that the spout that the juice comes out of, could be "lifted" up so it doesnt drip! The designers were NOT thinking clearly that day. Other than this for my first juicer I think it does ok. For the price, you cannot beat it, and it really does ok for what I need at this time.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 18, 2013, 20:39

Werner, masticating juicers are more time consuming. The Hamilton beach will work perfect. Also, the Breville or Cuisinart listed at http://www.justonjuice.com/juicers are easy to clean, produce great juice, and will save you a lot of time. My mother even uses the Breville on there without any problems. She loves it.

Polarbear, sorry your having issues with the hamilton beach. Mine has never leaked or smoked and I put a lot through it. One thing I've learned is that you should force anything. Just gently push the pusher and it will work. Beets are tough. I usually cut them into fourths and do one piece at a time without any issues. Try that and see how it works for you.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

clutch
Juicer
on: July 18, 2013, 23:17

I just joined the site about 10 minutes ago and am so excited about trying juicing. I recently purchased a Health Master Elite. Any thoughts on this machine?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 19, 2013, 03:58

Welcome to JOJ Clutch! I believe the Health Master Elite is a blender and not a juicer Clutch. You have to use a juicer if you want to juice. Read this and you'll get an in depth understanding of why

http://www.justonjuice.com/can-i-use-a-blender-for-juicing/

Let me know if you have any questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

werner1950
Juice Expert
on: July 19, 2013, 18:56

Well, I got the new centrifugal juicer. What a relief! I would never recommend a masticating juicer.At least not the model that I had. I had to literally wrestle with that thing to take it apart for cleaning! Now I have to try and sell it.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 19, 2013, 21:32

Congrats on your new juicer Werner! I find it's easier to juice and that I'm more willing if the process is fast and simple. Did you get the Hamilton Beach?

werner1950
Juice Expert
on: July 19, 2013, 22:00

Yes I did.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 19, 2013, 22:42

Excellent choice! You'll really enjoy it Werner!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,