twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Frozen, Canned Fruit and Veggies

licala1408
Juicer
Frozen, Canned Fruit and Veggies
on: January 7, 2014, 15:37

Hello,
I recently found out about juicing and would like to try it. I am morbid obese (5’2 and 235lbs). I feel very unhealthy to say the least. I wrestle with depression due to my weight, have pain and aches daily, and no energy whatsoever. I have a few questions before I get started on my juicing journal. Can I buy frozen fruits/veggies, and canned? I’m a mother of four and have a tight budget. Does smoking impact the detoxification process?
Thanks you

Amanda
Juicer
Re: Frozen, Canned Fruit and Veggies
on: January 8, 2014, 17:53

Just my personal opinion, but I believe if you do juice it should be fresh. You would have to thaw everything and I think most would end up in your pulp bin after sending it through the juicer since the consistency is different. And no to canned. I just think it would be mush.

However, if your only option is frozen you could certainly make smoothies with a blender. I love those and after I do a week or 2 of juice, I'll make smoothies for a few days to introduce fiber back into my diet before adding solid foods. That's my approach and it works great for me. And smoothies taste fantastic. I have 2 blenders, a Ninja and a Nutribullet. Both work great at getting everything super fine.

Smoking... I will not tell you how bad it is as you already know. I am a former smoker and can tell you quitting was the best thing I've ever done for myself. Juicing runs a close second. If you're getting rid of toxins and smoking, you're just putting them right back into your body and is counterproductive. I know how hard it is, so maybe switch to electronic. That's how I quit. Went to an E-cig then weaned myself off. Best of luck to you!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,