twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: First Fast!

katferr
Juicer
katferr
First Fast!
on: July 17, 2013, 02:55

Hey!
I'm (semi)new to juicing and have decided to take the 7 day challenge! Very excited but also nervous with doing this while at work. I have tomorrow off (the 17th) and work thurs-sun 12 hour shifts. I wake up at 4am and start work at 0630. I finish at 1830 and am home by 1930 and in bed just after 2100. I wear a bullet proof vest and sweat worse than a pig. I'm just worried with the 'detox' phase and this week being the hottest week of the year so far is it doable? Or will the headaches and hunger do me over. Also is it okay to drink 4-5 or even 6 drinks through out the day? With the running around I do at work I feel 3 will kill me haha. I will have to make all my drinks in the AM and keep them in bottles in the fridge at work... That sucks but better than nothing I guess.
Wish me luck!
Cheers,
K

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: First Fast!
on: July 17, 2013, 04:35

Katferr, congrats on deciding to do your first fast. You won't be hungry, but you may get cravings. Try not to confuse the two and it will be easier to overcome the cravings. If you do get a headache, you can take a tylenol or ibuprofen it it helps.

Drink a juice when you feel hungry. It's best to have between 4-6 juices per day. Many people take their juices to work with them, it's perfectly fine. Just juice them in the morning, keep them in an airtight container, and store them in the fridge. You'll do just great Katferr! I'll be here if you have any questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

katferr
Juicer
katferr
on: July 17, 2013, 16:34

Okay I drank the Morning Glory for breakfast... It was okay. It was getting hard to swallow near the end. I think it was too much ginger. Not a huge ginger fan. For lunch I made the Mean Green... I could only take 3 sips and after each one I was gaging trying to swallow it (ya ya ya that's what she said) So I put that one in the fridge and made the Bruchetta Tang. Again... I couldn't swallow it. To me they were both gross. My husband said they were actually pretty good. Ugh frustrated at that part ha ha. You could say I'm a picky eater. I only like tomatoes cooked or in Ketchup form! But I could eat broccoli, celery, cucumbers till the cows come home... Can you do the fast without having ALL the greens in there? I made one the other day that was pear, apple, orange and sweet potato. It was excellent. I also don't mind carrots and cucumbers in the juicer... but is this good for the fast having next to no greens?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 17, 2013, 21:16

Katferr, you need to have greens in your juices. But that doesn't mean you need to have them all at once in every juice. Try starting out with simple recipes with 3-5 ingredients. Try something like this out:

4 Carrots
2 Apples
1 Cucumber
a piece of ginger

Start small and add to your juices.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,