twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Fermented Green Juice

holdorfold
Juicer
Fermented Green Juice
on: July 11, 2013, 11:45

Hi guys,

I'm completely changing my diet and am drinking a green "juice" daily. I'm not using a juicer, but instead just blending a bunch of vegetables together.

My first batch was cauliflower, brocoli, spinach, carrots, sauerkraut and macca root powder. I've stored it in the fridge and today, the 3rd day it's been in there, it tasted like it's fermented.

I drank a pint of it nonetheless and feel fine. Could this be a good thing? I made the sauerkraut myself by fermenting cabbage for a week anyway, surely it just makes the drink better? 😀

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Fermented Green Juice
on: July 11, 2013, 12:02

Holderfold, welcome to JOJ. You should drink a juice as soon as possible after making it. It's okay to store for a little while but 3 days is way too long. While you might be able to force it down, you're not getting the nutritional value from it as it's already started to ferment. Juice starts to lose it's nutritional value very quickly.

Also, for the fast to work you have to use a juicer, not a blender. Read this article for a better understanding of why a blender won't work on a juice fast, especially if your goal is to lose weight.

http://www.justonjuice.com/can-i-use-a-blender-for-juicing/

If you have any questions just let me know.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,