twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Feel like giving up

tsilva
Juicer
Feel like giving up
on: September 5, 2013, 01:03

I started my juice fast on 8/31/13 with plans to only do a three day fast. I got though the three days with out much problems so decided that I could go on with the 7 day. Now on day 5 I am extremely tired, and very constipated. My lower back hurts which leads me to think it is discomfort in my kidneys. I am 33 and while overweight I have no serious health problems. Maybe I should back off or just push though? I tried to consult my Dr. however the first time they could get me in is in two weeks. Everyone says they have more energy but as I go on I have less. I have followed the six juices for the fast and have drank the recommended amount of water. I have been drinking the warm water with lemon in the mornings and even added more carrots to the mix because I read it might help with the constipation. Any thoughts?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Feel like giving up
on: September 5, 2013, 01:42

Hi tsliva, and welcome to JOJ. I seriously doubt that you're constipated after 5 days. You are most likely mistaking a lack of digestible food as constipation. Once you've been on the fast for a a while there is nothing left in your system to give you a bowel movement. Since juice is absorbed and not digested, you aren't giving your system anything to warrant a bowl movement. This often gets mistaken with constipation.

It sounds like you are still going through detox. You'll experience a lack of energy before you finish the detoxing phase. Just stick with it and you'll be fine. You have to understand that when going through detox you are releasing toxins throughout your body. You'll get that rush of energy as soon as you finish detoxing and those toxins make their way out of your system.

You're doing great and at day 5 I'm sure you're just about through the whole detox part of it. It only gets better from here on out. Let me know if you have any questions.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

andy4879
on: September 5, 2013, 14:58

hey tsilva,

the same thing happened to me and donnie helped me and everything he said was true. i am on my 4th week. donnie told me to get a lot of sleep and i did and it helped. keep going!

andy

KiwiCC
Juicer
on: September 5, 2013, 15:11

hmm.. interesting! I have been sleeping a lot more than usual. I guess that's why! 😀

tsilva
Juicer
on: September 5, 2013, 17:56

Thank you for the support, I will continue to push through as I am so close to the end!!! I guess you are always afraid of the unknown!!!!!

KiwiCC
Juicer
on: September 5, 2013, 18:44

Yeah!! You can do it, Tsilva! the discomfort is temporary but the results can be long lasting! Totally worth it!

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,