twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Eating and Juicing

Mimi
Juicer
Eating and Juicing
on: October 29, 2013, 17:57

My husband and I started juicing last Monday by Friday we had a combined lost of 23lbs. He cheated on Friday with pizza and I ate a salad with crackers. He gaind 1lb and I gained 2. Needless to say this was a bad choice because it lead to cheating on Saturday and Sunday. So I gained about 6lbs of the 10 lost back. I didnt eat terribly bad. My question is how do I eat and not gain back the weight that I loose. We started over on Monday. So I dont want to go 15 days on juice and water only and then gain 2lbs back each day I eat after the juicing fast is over. Please help!

Gary
Juice Expert
Gary
Re: Eating and Juicing
on: October 29, 2013, 22:27

Hi Mimi.
My guess would be that after juicing for 5 days, your stomach and colon will be fairly empty. Some of the regained weight could just be that you are "re-filling" the digestive tract with bulky foods. If I am right, you will gain some initial weight when going back on to solids.
Eating healthily and not over-eating are key to a stable and healthy weight.
Good luck.
Gary.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: October 30, 2013, 16:31

Gary is correct in the fact that your insides were empty and then you filled them up. It's not that you gained fat, it's simply a matter of your digestive system doing it's job. That stuff will pass as waste and get replaced with other solids passing through your system.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

andy4879
on: October 30, 2013, 20:11

why did they not get sick when eating food and i got sick eating a small salad?

Gary
Juice Expert
Gary
on: October 30, 2013, 20:40

Andy, you had been fasting for over 70 days when you tried a salad. Mimi and her husband had only been going for 4 days. That's a huge difference.
I think you will need to spend quite some time slowly transitioning back to solids.
Did you try smoothies as was suggested by Leomie (I think) in another topic?
I have read many times that the longer the fast, the longer it takes to return to solids.
Sorry if that all sounds a bit negative, they are just my thoughts.
Keep us all posted.
Gary.

andy4879
on: October 30, 2013, 20:57

great stuff gary! donnie led me to i better sounding smoothie. here is the link:

http://3percentchoice.com/video/get-switched-smoothie

i just figured if you did one for 4 days, and ate a pizza that it would kill your stomach?

Gary
Juice Expert
Gary
on: October 30, 2013, 21:16

Yes, I know what you mean Andy, pizza is pretty heavy and your salad was healthy and light. I am no expert on any of this, just trying to help make sense of it all.
Hope the smoothie helps.
Gary.

vapala
Juicer
on: November 2, 2013, 18:11

I did a 18 days water-only fast and lost 30 lbs.

More importantly, it reduced my need/want for bad food.

I started to juice right after and enjoyed the super, major benefit of strong alium juice like pungent onion, green onions and shallots.

I never felt that good in my life. Every morning, I go through the ordeal of drinking a glass of onion juice and like if that wasnt enough, I have to clean the juicer. But I can already tell you that I will do it for the rest of my life. I dare you to drink alium vegetable juice (onions, garlic, shallots, green onion etc) for 40 days and tell me how you feel.

I was able, without effort, to cut on prepared meal, fast food, ice-cream in the evening etc. So right now, I eat out once per month and order pizza once per month. I could go out or order pizza much more....just dont feel like it.

I also have cut ice cream and cookies from my diet. I started adding a longer walk with my dog everyday and lost 2 pounds over 30 days perdiod which tells me my calories intake is on par with what I spend everyday.

GL

andy4879
on: November 2, 2013, 18:24

hello vapala,

i personally feel that a water fast is so bad for you because you are not getting any nutrients and you are starving yourself. i have been doing a juice fast for 80 days and i lost 60 pounds. i don't feel like eating any dairy,breads,junk food,sweets,fatty foods, or anything except fruits and vegetables and i cooked for my wife the whole time, including pizza,steak,jumbolya,and everything you could imagine and i did not want it.

this is just my opinion.

sincerely,
andy

i am eliminating those foods i mentioned above because my taste buds have changed,

shanisemelmai-
a
Juicer
shanisemelmaia
on: November 11, 2013, 10:28

COMPLETELY FAILED.
Myself and 2 GF's (flatmates) started today and by dinner we were SO grumpy and starving we ate KFC. which was a huge regretful mistake. Although, we wonder are we allowed to Snack (almonds, an apple)?? Or do we just have to have a juice?

Thanks!
Shanise, Mel, Maia.

andy4879
on: November 11, 2013, 14:14

hey gals,

if you want to do a real juice fast, you can't eat any solids but if you can't handle a juice fast, you can eat some fruits and vegetables to go with your juicing which is the next best thing or when you are hungry have another juice.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,