twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Colon Cancer

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
Colon Cancer
on: July 26, 2013, 00:52

Hi,

Just been diagnosed with early stage colon cancer. I was thinking of going on a Juice fast prior to my opp. The opp is via my rear end - there is NO cutting through the stomach.

The opp is 1 month away. Do ANY of your readers have any experience of this? I cannot see any issues as I do not need a high fibre diet at this stage - in fact my doc told me I need no fibre as I get closer to the opp date.

From what I read it is good for a number of issues, such as weight loss and general well-being.

ANY one out there who can offer ANY advice would be much appreciated. Particularly anyone who has this disease or cured from this disease..

Thanks for reading my post

Regards

Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Colon Cancer
on: July 26, 2013, 03:01

Mal, I'm sorry to hear of your cancer. While I haven't experienced what you're going through, I can only say that the fast will help your overall health. Juicing is a great way to get the nutrients you need, especially if your doc told you no fibers before your operation. My advice to you is to plan out your fast, decide how long before your operation you want to start your fast, and then stick to it. I do hope someone that is or has gone through this chimes in with their thoughts. I wish you the best Mal!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: July 26, 2013, 03:39

Hi Donnie,

Thanks for such a speedy reply, I will attempt to keep your members informed as I intend to do the fast.

I will keep the forum informed in the hope of helping someone else.

After extensive reading on the site, I see no reason not to start sooner rather than later... Given that fibre is something I should avoid - even now. BTW fibre IS indicated after everything settles down, to maintain a free flowing digestive system.

I can re-introduce fibre after the opp, but at what stage I don't yet know. However I read one of your posts where someone went 100 days on this "fast" so I guess that will not be an issue.

Just the issue of re-introducing solids into a "traumatised" digestive system the "when" and "how" it is best to do that. My thoughts were to start eating again with "blended" fruit & veg at least for a few days?

Warm Regards - Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 26, 2013, 08:27

Mal, when you do introduce fiber back into your system, blended fruits and vegetables such as smoothies, would be a great idea. It would also be beneficial to continue having juices in your regular diet.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

irene
irene
on: July 26, 2013, 10:39

Mal, I am sorry to hear about your cancer.....I pray your operation goes well and that you recover completely.

You are in my Prayers.

polarbearlove-
r
Juicer
on: July 26, 2013, 20:10

Mal,
You are in my thoughts and prayers also. I know how scary cancer can be. I haven't been juicing long but I can already tell a major difference in my health in just this short time. Please do keep us posted!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: July 27, 2013, 07:55

Thank you Irene and Polarbearlove-r, for the kind thoughts towards someone you do not know.

I hope to keep those that choose to read, informed about as many aspects as possible. In the hope it helps others. I have a pictorial baseline from the scope already done, hence can view the changes to the tumour (if any) after juicing.
Apparently tumours do not like an alkaline body - I have no knowledge if juicing lowers alkalinity or not. However the fundamentals would seem sound in this regard.

Warm regards to you all
Mal

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: July 29, 2013, 06:03

Hi

I said I would document my progress...

First step was to buy a Juicer, I purchased a "Kuvings" cold press system @ $499.00. Hugely expensive, but hope it is the right one??????

I get it on Wednesday 31st July.

I hope to begin same day I get it and planning ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) & water for breakfast that day.

I will be following Donnie's recipes where possible - hard when one is 700 kilometres (435 miles) from ANY town. Plus only one food truck per fortnight. My veggies will not be optimal but no choices.

Take care - Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 29, 2013, 06:42

Mal, I'm so glad you are getting started. It's going to do wonders for you!

A cold press is the absolute best way to go. With a cold press you can make more juice at a time and also store your juices for longer periods. You'll get more juice out of it also.

Remember to drink between four and six juices per day with each being between sixteen and twenty ounces.

Juice the produce you have available and do your best to keep a variety of produce in your juices.

You're going to do great Mal! I'm excited for you and I can't wait to hear more of your updates. Keep us posted. As always, I'm here if you have any questions.

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: July 30, 2013, 03:46

Thanks Donnie,

I already have a big investment in this working... Oh!! I forgot to mention the $499.00 as well :-)

Regards

Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 30, 2013, 03:58

Mal, there is no investment greater than the investment we put into our own health and well being. One of these days I'll get a cold press juicer! I'm really excited for you Mal! I wish you the best!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: July 31, 2013, 06:25

DAY 1

Had my first juice drink at lunchtime.... Looking forward to dinner. The drink was not on the recipe's as our truck had not arrived. Truck now here with the freshest veggies on board, so dinner should be good :-)

These veggies must last two weeks so I am reading the "substitution list" as the "leafy's" just don't last that long. Cabbage, Broccoli, cauliflower last a while, so there will be some "crucifiers" available.

Anyhow will see how it goes...

Regards

Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 31, 2013, 18:18

Mal, I'm glad you enjoyed your first juice! Just juice what you have available. The key is to use a variety so you get a wide range of nutrition and taste. Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm looking forward to seeing how this works for you.

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 1, 2013, 01:01

Thanks for your support Donnie. I feel bad taking up your time.

I know how crushing it is to be diagnosed with Cancer. My feeble ramblings may not help anyone, however, I just wanted to document it in the hope it helps another person.

I will be on this "fast" for 30 days before my opp. My surgeon (and I) have comparative photography of the tumour. Currently of course I only have the "before fast" pictures.

My hope is there will be a "positive" change in the tumours characteristics. Whilst not a "gold standard" result. I will be able to say to those afflicted, that this was positive for me - and may be for you.

Thank you for providing this forum.

Regards - Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 1, 2013, 03:44

Mal, don't feel bad, I basically live on the forum and comment section of JOJ. I'm always happy to respond to a fellow juicer! I'm positive your experience and documentation will really help people. For every 1 forum member that signs up and posts, there are at least 10 others who only read.

I feel you're going to see some real positive changes Mal. I'm excited to see how this progresses and what changes take place. I wish you all the best Mal!

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: August 1, 2013, 17:06

Hi Mal, I just want you to know that there are a lot of us cheering you on and praying for you! I believe you will see great results from juicing!

healingjuice
Juicer
on: August 1, 2013, 19:06

Mal,
Just wanted to encourage you that you are doing the right thing. You will be in my prayers and I believe there will be a change in the size of your tumor. Drink lots of water!!! and try for about 6-8 juices per day. Who knows...maybe you won't even need a surgery! that would be awesome.
Please check http://www.hacres.com and http://www.drday.com
These are people who got healed from colon cancer and breast cancer just by being on juices. After complete healing, they've changed their diets.
I used to do a lot of research at one point in my life and came across all this info. If you are interested, and believe in herbs, you can check Dr. Schulze too (www.800herbdoc.com). He may sound quite radical, but he's the best herbalist and believes strongly in juicing for healing. According to him, for anyone fighting a health battle like cancer, he recommends stopping all solids and starting on juicing. I believe you can be healed even without surgery!

Take care...keep us posted.

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 2, 2013, 03:47

Day 3

Thank you Donnie, PattiRob and healingjuice for your endearing words. I sailed through day 2 without the horrors I expected, in fact I have never really felt hungry or deprived at all.

I live in an indigenous community way out in the desert of central Australia. I manage the community store. A significant sized store with an annual T/O of about 3.5 million dollars.. We only get a food delivery once every two weeks, as leafy veggies are rarely optimal after one week or so, I will need to rely on root veggies in the second week. I am Caucasian not Aboriginal with a British heritage.. I say this because there are minor differences in the incidence of certain diseases amongst our worlds people.

Fruits fare better but I am trying to maintain the 80/20 ratio with these. I am so glad I purchased the cold press juicer - it is truly awesome. The fibre is almost dry that comes out. My wife is experimenting with the fibre, making soups, patties and other things with it. I do not eat that of course at this stage in my fast. She says it is yummy?

I am so "learning" at this time, that there are sure to be many things I am doing wrong, however, this site is quite comprehensive and I usually find the answers I am looking for within. Without all the adds asking me to buy something :-).

Oddly a side effect has been a multi point drop in blood pressure after only two days.. Mine has been high anything up to 210/110 - Last night it was 150/95. Not sure juicing has this effect so soon, but that is what my home machine tells me. It is fully calibrated and I ran the test 3 times. Has anyone else noticed a drop in elevated BP? I will try again tonight to see if it is just an anomaly and report back.

I so want to believe I can heal myself without surgery, however, the concept is hard to get my head around. The medical industry is so powerful, they would probably think me a nutjob if I expressed a desire not to have it. I truly am afraid as well. Anyway I guess I will get some answers soon.

I will just keep juicing for the whole month and report my findings. I may not be capable of communicating after surgery for a few days. But, I will conclude this daily report as best I can.

Donnie I am comforted by the words you wrote, whilst I wonder the "why" you give so much, I DO appreciate it a great deal.

Thank you to all who read and forgive me if circumstance means I miss a day.

Regards Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 3, 2013, 03:50

Mal, I had very high blood pressure. Before my fast I was close to what you were and after a week I was down to good enough levels that discontinued my blood pressure medication. I'm sure your machine is telling you the truth. Juicing does wonders to stabilize blood pressure.

It's a tough concept to understand as we have all been taught that medicine and doctors the way to go when we are sick. It's hard to believe that we are capable of healing ourselves by the simple things we chose to eat and put into our bodies. I only wish I had discovered the benefits of juicing years ago.

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 3, 2013, 04:32

Day 4

Very difficult (day 3) night, with nausea and extreme fatigue, so much so I found it hard to get out of my chair. I was too exhausted to prepare breakfast so I drank water and Apple cider vinegar. I have brought my juicer to work with me today (Saturday) GMT +9.5

I have been putting my lunch juice - which I prepare in the morning (usually) into a Stainless Steel flask. I am guessing that Stainless Steel is not the issue?

Anyhow, not nauseous today and feeling marginally stronger.

Could not take my BP last night, the nausea was overwhelming. I took it this morning and am astonished to see 141/96. I have not seen a reading so low in years. However, there can be a difference between morning and night. I briefly (VERY briefly) tried BP meds in the past only to find a very, very marginal drop in BP and severe side effects. I have not taken BP meds since 2010.

Please let me quantify my BP both before the start of the Juice Fast and now (Day 4) In the hope it helps someone reading - remembering of course we are all different.

1 week before the fast 178/110
Day before the fast 161/105 (I ate lots of salads to prepare in the days before)
Day two of the fast 150/95
Start of day four 141/96

Just read you post Donnie, have you maintained a healthy BP?

Just had “lunch” about 1 litre (34 fl oz). I know it is a lot but it has made me feel better. I will have a light “dinner” tonight. This website says that it is well within the max of 3.5 Litres per day, (Converted from the max of 6x20 fl oz). However I am guessing that should be done over the course of a whole day? Which would be hard for me whilst working. Hope it does not affect the outcomes “pigging out” like this?

I must confess I had not read the site properly and was only drinking about 1.8 litres per day (About 60 fl oz). That could have contributed to my weakness?

Not much more to say today...

Warm regards - Mal

Jf479
Juicer
on: August 3, 2013, 12:02

Hi Mal, sorry to hear about your illness, lets just say you have come to the right place because you have hope. I would like to share this info with you, as I have been doing a lot of research and watching videos about the raw food diet and juicing.

I have been watching this guy on you tube called Dan the Man or better known as Liferegenerator. One of his best friends called Dave. Dave weighed over 400 pounds and has lost over 200 since juicng, he has also had many health issues, including S2 Colon Cancer. This guy has proven to many about the miracles of juicing raw fruits and vegetables. Please watch these videos and take note, and Mal GET JUICING -

I wish you the best of luck and hope this gives you some hope

Kind Regards
Jason from the UK

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 4, 2013, 01:07

DAY 5,

Thank you Jason, for your inspiring post, I watched all three video's and found them compelling.

Nausea again debilitated my evening. I juiced my veggies, but had zero energy to clean up after. Feeling "contented" this morning so did not juice. I will juice lunch time - up until then plain herbal tea (warm) will sustain me. It is mid winter here in the southern hemisphere as you all know. I do not remember ever being so cold. The thought of an ice cold drink - being juice or whatever is very hard to take. I tried searching to see if people warmed their juices - but could not find any answers.

The icy cold juices cramp my stomach and cause a further drop in body temperature. Letting juice gradually come to room temperature would lose an lot, due to oxidization etc... Plus would take many hours
Let me just add this... I WILL NOT QUIT.

I work 7 days a week and being the boss, I can take some time to do research during the day - limited though it is.

I appeal to anyone who has overcome juicing problems in the depths of winter - assuming of course there are others - that found it tough? To let me know what you did.

Thank you Donnie for your continued support, you posted daily. I genuinely appreciate your advice, but, PLEASE do not feel obliged to do it each day. Last thing I want is for it to be a chore for you.

I did not take BP last night but will continue to record the changes (if any) maybe not every day and report here...

Warm Regards - Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 4, 2013, 04:50

Those were very inspirational videos!

Mal, you can turn your juices into warm soups. Let me give you an example of a soup that works for me.

5 Big Carrots
1 Whole Celery Heart
2 Tomatoes
1 Red Bell Pepper
1-2 inches of ginger
1/4 Onion or Shallot
1 Clove Garlic

Juice them up and pour into a bowl. Heat on low till it gets to a warm enough temp for you and add some seasonings:

1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
some cayenne or black pepper

You can even top it off with a little lemon juice for some more zing or some of your favorite hot sauce for some hotness! Drink it with a spoon and enjoy!

Mal, again, don't worry about me feeling obligated or consuming my time. I enjoy reading your updates. Try out the soup. I bet it will work out perfectly for you. Here's another warm soup recipe via Irene:

1/2 Butternut squash
2 Tomatoes
2 carrots
1 Red Belle pepper
1 cup of Asparagus
1 head of Broccoli
kale leaves/sweet potato leaves or pumpkin leaves
1 clove of garlic
1' Ginger
Black pepper or cayenne pepper

This one sounds really good!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 5, 2013, 00:16

DAY 6

Hi Donnie, how I so wish the veggies you have in the recipe(s) were available. My main supplier does not even carry some of them.

UPDATE: I HAVE found a supplier 700 kilometres away that does carry all. I will get them on my next truck, which is on the 15th of August.

I am now out of leafy veggies "except", cabbage (red-green), Chinese cabbage, celery (heads are leafy) and about 6 bok choy (a leafy veg). I cannot think of the American names for these but we share most of your names and can easily "google" if we do not understand. So the next 10 days are “root veggies” - I have zero choices.

Fruits are available (here now) and so are melons Rock, honeydew and watermelon. I will just do the best I can.

Last night I warmed my juice to below blood temperature, it was much easier to drink and NO nausea or cramps. I have thought of filling a bowl with hot water and letting the juice sit for a short time to raise the temp from icy cold to "chill off"??? I do not want to damage the enzymes.

Blood pressure is crazy. I am now doubting my machine. My BP this MORNING was 127/86. I am finding it very hard to believe it can be like this so soon. I WILL try a night-time check (typically higher than morning) tonight if I can and report back.

Here are the figures for those “skimming” through the posts...
1 week before the fast 178/110
Day before the fast 161/105 (I ate lots of salads to prepare in the days before)
Day two of the fast 150/95
Start of day four 141/96
Start of day six 127/86

My weight was checked at the hospital and was 100.2 kg (About 221 lbs) I am 186cm or about 6'1" tall so I register as "overweight" and not obese.

My weight, this morning, was 93kg (205 lbs) a loss of 7kg (about 15 lbs) in 5 whole days? Now I need to get my scales checked :-)

These figures are quite remarkable (for me) and I hope my publishing them helps others achieve something similar. With the proviso that we are all different.

That's about all for today.

Warm Regards - Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 5, 2013, 05:29

You're blood pressure sounds about right for someone who's been juicing nearly a week. Congrats on the BP levels and the weight loss levels!

A good thing to remember is that your body will interact with warm better that cold. If the liquid is cold it will take longer for your body to register it. Your body works more easily with warm liquids.

Bok Choy is great to juice. I've used it a few times and really enjoy it. The main thing is to ensure you have a good mix. Celery and cucumbers are two things that will greatly assist your BP levels.

You are doing fantastic Mal! I'm excited to see your progress so far. 15 pounds in 5 days is an average of 3 pounds per day so that's about right for the first few days. How do you feel? Are you clothes fitting any looser?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Tags: , , , ,