twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Colon Cancer

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
Re: Colon Cancer
on: August 29, 2013, 08:58

Hi Guys,

I am back home after my opp,

Astonishing results.

The tumour was still there but smaller and was excised using the tools in the colonoscope. A second smaller tumour was found and it too was excised.

Both tumours go for pathology, with results in three weeks.

The surgeon (A professor of surgery at Adelaide University – flown in to do my opp) said he was not concerned and to see him again in three years – for another colonoscopy.

Prior to my commencing juicing I had a colonoscopy. Samples of the tumour were cut out as was samples of the adjacent colon wall. The results of the pathological testing was cancer in both the tumour and colon wall.

IF the pathological testing of the excised tumours shows NO cancer. It could ONLY be juicing that has helped me. I have literally done nothing else.

At the moment I am quite bewildered by the results and have asked to see my Doctor tomorrow for further clarification. I need this quantified. I am too “fuzzy” today after the anaesthetic.

The last month has been most unpleasant. Wills made (without my wifes knowledge – I love her too much to upset her). A financial planner engaged with a brief to examine ALL the “What If's”. etc..

I will write after my meet with my Doctor – who attended the surgery.

Regards - Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 29, 2013, 16:07

Mal, that's such fantastic news!!! That is such wonderful news and I'm kind of at a loss for words as to how happy I am for you! Let me know what your doctor has to say tomorrow in clarification.

I bet this month will be much more pleasant than the last. Get some rest now and relax, I'm sure the operation was taxing on you. Congrats again Mal! I'm so thrilled that things are looking up and getting better for you. If the surgeon said he wasn't concerned and to see him in another three years, that has to be a very good sign! Super Congratulations Mal!!!!!!!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: August 29, 2013, 20:45

Mal! Thank you for such a quick update. You've been on my mind and in my prayers for several days now. I'm so happy to hear your report!!! It will be really interesting to hear what else your doctor has to say. Did you tell him about your juicing? Sorry if I sound nosey since we don't even know each other, but I'm so excited for you and very motivated to continue juicing as a way of life. I want to live long and live strong!!
So I add my congratulations and best wishes to you along with Donnie and all the others who have their hearts invested in your journey to health!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 30, 2013, 12:12

Unfortunately the "clarification" does not help.

Until the results come back from the pathology lab there is little to tell me.

How damned frustrating!!!

I was not "granted" enough time to discuss Juicing PattiRob, sorry.

For anyone skimming this thread please allow me to summarise.

I had a colonoscopy – a biopsy of the tumour was sent away for analysis together with a biopsy of the adjacent colon wall.

I was called into the hospital, as they refused to discuss my results on the phone, citing “policy”.

I wrote my first post on this forum after my diagnosis.

Within days I began juicing.

I tried to be honest with my experience and at times found it difficult (cold and cramps mostly). I am glad I found this forum as the help and “proactive:” advice helped me continue the theme, albeit modified at times.

I live in the southern hemisphere Sunday the 1st of September is our first day of spring. I am about 15 hours ahead of the time in the centre of the USA and 9.5 hours ahead of London UK.

I lost 10 kilograms – about 22 lbs ( I have come down about 2 more kg – 4.4lbs)

My BP dropped 58/32 points on my best day (from 178/110 to my lowest 120/78) My BP is consistently within normal range now.

I developed an unprecedented sense of well-being, difficult to quantify.

I no longer suffer from my once debilitating tiredness.

Despite the diagnosis of cancer I feel more serene and calm.

I am left with a deeper understanding of my own body and will incorporate juicing in both my wife's and my own diet – in this regard not sure how yet. We discussed replacing breakfast/lunch or dinner with juice... Or perhaps one or two days a week juicing... Whatever it ends up being, it must be sustainable.

I am writing this today Friday the 30th August at 9:30 pm with the feeling I have dodged a bullet.

Regards

CarolLee
Juicer
CarolLee
on: September 8, 2013, 18:10

So HAPPY to hear this news. I know waiting is the WORST for the pathology. But it sounds like the MD thinks he could do a thorough job on the tumors with just the scope. That sounds very promising.

Will keep you in my prayers and hope to hear the final confirmation that you just need to be monitored every 3 yrs. :)
Carol

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: September 9, 2013, 13:00

Thanks CarolLee,

I will follow through on my promise to provide a detailed outcome -once known.

I am off the juice at the moment. Not yet figured out how to incorporate it into my diet. My wife has expressed an interest in incorporating it into her diet also.

We are currently in Adelaide - South Australia - assisting in the palliative care of our friends Mother. She has chosen to die at home and we are part of the "family" team assisting in the 24hr care process.

She will pass in the next few hours/days.

Warm Regards - Mal

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: September 9, 2013, 14:32

Hi Mal, thank you for staying connected. I check frequently for your posts. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you provide care and comfort for your friends.

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 9, 2013, 17:07

Mal, it's great to hear from you. I hope all is well with your health. I'm sorry to hear of your friends mother and wish you and her family my best. Know that my thoughts are with you.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: September 10, 2013, 23:08

Thank you PattiRob & Donnie for your kind words...

My wife & I did the "night shift" last night... She is still with us this Wednesday morning. She is 86 yrs old and her kidneys have failed, she also has cancer of the liver. Sorry if this seems "Off Topic", clearly it is not related to Juicing.

On the juicing front, we are travelling with (our now much loved) juicer.

I am in an odd situation - I am in a capital city with an abundance of fresh food. This morning we tried a Thai Dish called (phonetic) "Cannum Chin". The vegan version contains lots of fresh Ginger, blended mushrooms, chillies, fresh ginseng root, fresh turmeric root and a few more herbs & spices.

Not sure I can juice given my surroundings at the moment, however....

I am wondering how these tasty aromatic root veggies will juice (not the mushrooms). I guess a blend of Ginseng, Ginger & turmeric combined with ???? Could be quite healthy.

Thanks for reading

Regards - Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 11, 2013, 16:45

Mal, the forums bring us together and help all of us out. Everything goes here.

There's no words to describe what you and your friend are going through. It's tough and I wish you the best. You're a great guy for being there for your friend and his family in their time of need.

I think most root veggies do great in juices. You'll have to give them a try when you get a chance and let us know how they turn out.

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: September 13, 2013, 00:07

Thanks Donnie... Whilst it is an odd topic for your forum, I understand and commend your philosophy of drawing people together.

My friends mother passed-on this morning about 6am... Surrounded by family and friends.

It is a mixed family of Buddhist and Roman Catholic, however there is no incongruity. The old lady is Buddhist and Monks will attend this morning...

Sadness prevails - as it should do for now. Soon we will celebrate her life - a rich full life....

Thank you for reading - Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: September 13, 2013, 02:17

Mal, I'm sorry to hear that and I wish you and her family the best.

chiwalker
Juicer
chiwalker
on: September 17, 2013, 03:36

Mal, I had colon cancer surgery last year, for a bad polyp that the colonoscopy couldn't handle. Mine was laproscopic through the navel; the surgeon at Cleveland clinic did an amazing job, she made one tiny cut inside my navel, removed the polyp and resectioned my bowel and only left a very tiny scar right inside my belly button. The not so fun part is the diet they put you on after for six weeks...no fresh fruits or veggies, canned only and lots of soft starchy meals...I hated it. But every doc is different, and you may have a completely different diet recommendation. I was fortunate to have had no bad lymph nodes, and I am considered cancer free. I hope this goes well for you, I remember how scared to death I was, this was cancer and the first and only surgery I had ever had. Good luck; my thoughts and prayers are with you, my dear.

irene
irene
on: September 17, 2013, 06:11

Hi Mali,

God is Good all the time, I so happy that you are keeping well and trust me at this stage you are fine and as healthy as you have never been before. Stay positive and God will do the rest.

I will keep you in my prayers and all shall be well in the end....You have surely dodged the bullet by the grace of God.

Cheers...

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: September 21, 2013, 19:53

Mal, I'm so glad you included us in your journey. My dad was just diagnosed with prostate cancer last week and it has spread beyond his prostate. The Dr. is very concerned and will be presenting him with a care plan on Monday. I'm going to suggest a juice fast for him and even offer to help my mom prepare his juices. He's a little skeptical of natural healing methods, so I'm really hoping he will be open to at least trying it. I appreciate your writings and especially your transparency. It seems that everyone is fighting something. Thanks again for sharing with us. I'm going to mention you to my dad and perhaps he will even read your story!!
I am keeping you in my prayers and believing that you will continue to live cancer-free!!!

Donnie: What would you suggest for a cancer-fighting juice recipe? I've been looking around on various websites, but thought maybe you would have an idea. Thanks for any help!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: September 25, 2013, 23:03

Hi to everyone.

Chiwalker, I can absolutely confirm how frightening it is to be diagnosed with Cancer. I sincerely hope you remain cancer free for the rest of your life.

Irene thank you for your kind words.

PattiRob,

So sorry to learn of your dad's challenges. The prostate is a difficult and culturally/mentally sensitive area for a man - as it is not "just" cancer they must deal with.

Clearly you are a supportive family.

What I can say is Juicing does "reboot" many ailing systems. I am not juicing at present due to many reasons. However, juicing reduced my weight and my blood pressure. BOTH continue to be much lower than before I started juicing.

I hope you are able to keep us informed and that your dad overcomes these challenges with the best possible outcome.

Donnie's site surely does embrace the human condition as much as the health benefits of juicing. He is tireless in his support... Thanks Donnie.

Regards - Mal

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: September 26, 2013, 04:24

My support here is finished. My friends wife has interned her mothers ashes after having them blessed by the Monks.

We leave for our home state/city tomorrow. About a 3000 kilometre journey.

Once I get home to my house, I will conclude this blog, to the best of my ability. I just need to consult with my family doctor before committing "pen to paper" as it were.

Regards

Mal

Gary
Juice Expert
Gary
on: October 5, 2013, 13:56

Hi Mal.
Great inspiring story and amazing support from Donnie and the other members on this forum. I sincerely hope all goes well for you and I look forward to your conclusion. Gary.

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: October 9, 2013, 05:00

Quote from Gary on October 5, 2013, 13:56
Hi Mal.
Great inspiring story and amazing support from Donnie and the other members on this forum. I sincerely hope all goes well for you and I look forward to your conclusion. Gary.

Thanks Gary, I have no answers yet... But will post as soon as I do. Yes Donnie's support is amazing - considering he gets no money out of it... I hope it gives him "good karma".

I am back on the "juice", may as well give my body the best chance whilst waiting for the 'medical profession". I am planning a 10 day fast.

In a capital city now so have abundant fresh foods available.. Will add the cancer fighting foods as much as I can...

Warm Regards - Mal

keyleesmom
Juicer
keyleesmom
on: October 9, 2013, 14:34

Hello. I just joined this forum today because I am just getting into juicing. I grew up on a farm so I've always eaten "organic" but now I'm going to try juicing. I started reading this thread and couldn't stop reading. It was sort of like reading a book and not being able to put it down because you want to see how it turns out. Alas, I got to the end and still don't know what happened. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I have a feeling that the outcome is going to be a happy one. Stay strong!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: October 11, 2013, 03:10

Hi keyleesmom,

Thanks for your support, I wish VERY MUCH that I could post a conclusion.

I go back to hospital (as an outpatient) today for another battery of tests. I am currently juicing with 10 days in mind but I will reassess at the end of the fast to see if I can go longer. I too am very glad I found this site.

Warm Regards - Mal

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: October 13, 2013, 02:54

Mal, I'm so glad that you have fresh produce available for juicing. I pray and believe your results will be fruitful...no pun intended!!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: October 15, 2013, 10:03

Thanks PattiRob,

Tests tests and more tests... I have been scheduled for my third colonoscopy in the next ??? but Doc said ASAP.

I also have had a slight stroke... The stroke happened just before I started Juicing the first time. I think I was lucky - given my high blood pressure at the time - to have found "juicing". My BP is now 116 to 130 over 77-90. Resting/Ambulatory. I self diagnosed the stroke whilst in my isolated location. I attend the stroke centre of my hospital next week.

I am still juicing full time as I write, I also walk about 1 hour a day. I eat with my family (we sit at the table) I have modified my fast to include 1 Avocado and one Banana I join the family to consume this.

I would like to enjoy a vegan meal each evening - any thoughts out there? How will it affect the fast?

Regards - Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: October 17, 2013, 00:40

Mal, I'm sorry to hear of your stroke. It's a scary situation and I'm glad you're okay and attending the stroke center soon.

I think you were able to get in a very good detox so keeping a light vegan meal each evening should be fine. Just make sure it's mostly fresh fruit and veggies.

As always, it's great to hear from you. I hope all is well and I wish you the absolute best!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: October 17, 2013, 10:57

Thanks Donnie,

I have lost enough weight - below my goal now. Also I am taking BP readings for two weeks AM & PM. The stroke centre want these. The Highest reading is 124/84 - Lowest 107/80

My wife has suggested an Asian "stir Fry" of assorted veggies inc.. those that do not juice, like Aubergine (Egg Plant), mushrooms, and some squash. Seasoned with cayenne pepper.. Barely a teaspoon of oil. I will juice breakfast & Lunch.. If these "mods" cause any spikes (e.g. a rise in BP) I will report back here. (for the benefit of others)

Juicing has saved my life - I am certain of that.

Regards - Mal

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Tags: , , , ,