twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Colon Cancer

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Colon Cancer
on: August 14, 2013, 16:15

Mal, juicing is in it's infancy and the more people who post their findings and report their success or even failures, the more we will have a better understanding of just how juicing and dieting can effect our health.

I'm a big believer in what we eat affects our health, our appearance, the functions of our mind, and our overall well being. What we eat and drink plays a big part in our lives and the more information that is out there on it, the better informed people will be and the more options they will have besides typical medicines.

It's a blessing to have you here, sharing what you are going through. I know many others are following and also wishing you the best Mal. I'm always here for you.

Have a super fantastic day!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

AYAXS
Juicer
on: August 16, 2013, 03:06

Hi Mal, I just found this thread and will follow your updates every day as I know you will see more excellent results. My father have being diagnosed with prostate cancer and I want to introduce him to juicing and all benefits it has. Sadly his opp is to close to start now, but I know it will help on the recovery.

Keep it up and thanks for the inspiration.

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 16, 2013, 07:43

I was quite sick yesterday, something new, serious abdominal pain. I could not write. I took Bi-carbonate of soda and after about 30 minutes the pain started to subside. I doubt is has anything to do with juicing. I came into work today. There are no doctors out here, just a nursing post. Either the bi-carb worked, or it simply stopped hurting on it's own

"Dead man's shoes" - I need to get this out of my head. I am training the manager who will be doing my job.
It has sad moments and causes "wrong thoughts". My job finishes two days before my Opp.

Anyhow my full time juicing has recommenced with new product.... Will let you know how I go :-)

Warm Regards

Mal

CarolLee
Juicer
CarolLee
on: August 16, 2013, 11:07

Hello Mal, I am new to this site and juicing (Day 4) I just read your thread and want you to know that I am adding myself to your followers.
I am praying for the very best outcome for you. Congrats on the BP coming down and the weight loss. I am sure that you are helping yourself more than you know.
Resting the digestive track as you are doing is going to help with your surgery, you are on a good path.

Many people would look at this way to "eat" as a quick fix to dropping pounds (kilos) and for outward reasons but I really believe this is the first "healing from the inside" step you can take. It is nice we are losing weight ...that causes so many illnesses on its own, but it is so much better if the benefits really heal us from within. Then the outward benefits are so wonderful.

Anyway...just want you to know you are inspiring others and thanks for sharing.

Hang in there. One day at a time is a trite saying...but that is what we have to work with.
:)
Carol

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 17, 2013, 00:19

Hi Carol,

Thank you for your kind words.. and congrats on reaching your 4 day milestone. For me it started to get easier after the first few days, I hope it is the same for you.

I am firing blind, not knowing if it helps with Cancer or not. However, your (et al) words seem to confirm that it helps towards a positive outcome. I certainly am better with a BP in the 120-130's /78-85 range. Than my high at the start of 178/110.

I have had a bit of a dip in my optimism, caused by the terrible pain a few days past, however, there was no pain yesterday and I feel fine today.

Normally I am a happy, sort of person and pursue the gift of life with a passion.

My wife and I worked in our computer shop to the point of exhaustion. We then decided to completely change our lives. We hopped on a recumbent trike and cycled through eighteen countries - it took about 2.5 years. I learned about persistence during this adventure.

If it interests you or anyone we can be seen on our personal ABSOLUTLEY NON COMMERCIAL site here http://www.pcw.iinet.net.au - You CANNOT buy anything here as it really is a personal site.

Anyhow I am digressing here...

Take Care

Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 18, 2013, 02:47

Mal, I'm glad the pain you were feeling is gone now. It's hard to be optimistic while experiencing any type of pain. I find it really inspiring that you and your wife cycled through eighteen countries and got to experience something that amazing. I plan to start visiting a few different countries next year and I'm really looking forward to it. I've spent a vast majority of my life here in Arizona and can't wait to get out and see the world.

I really enjoy how detailed your site is with all the different places you visited. It's nice to get a personal perspective instead of a sales pitch. Really great work Mal! I spent about an hour reading through it today and will read more on your travels tomorrow.

Have a fantastic day!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 18, 2013, 03:51

Thanks Donnie, and thanks for looking at our humble site...

But it is me that needs to thank you.. Let me try and explain why:

I stumbled across your forum by accident, then found others. I decided that I needed help and advice, also I needed to focus on only one area for that.

Living as I do in this isolated area - when one is sick - removes a fundamental need of all human beings - the need to "share". I would be surprised if cancer sufferers in general, go from diagnosis to death without sharing - given of course they know they have it.

The Internet and ONLY your forum has been the place I ended up. I have been here on this forum since diagnosis - through the juicing - and I will remain until the conclusion in less than two weeks time.

Should there be a major shift in my prognosis! I need people to know I take NO medication - the ONLY thing I have done different is "juice". I am as interested as any sufferer out there to know if it has helped. I watched the last maybe 30 minutes of the movie fat sick & nearly dead (something like that). I have 11 days before I get my opp. I want to report how juicing has helped - IF INDEED IT HAS - truthfully. False hope for other sufferers is poor form. It must be truthful and MUST have the "rider" that we are all different.

I am so much better with my new large range of veggies and what I am finding is that a little fresh ginger in the juice reduces the nausea for me. My nausea is probably related to my illness, not sure that others experience it??

Also I just wanted to know - I make all my juice in the morning and put in 2X 1 litre Stainless Steel flasks - (No air). Is there a problem with this?

Over the coming days I will report a full new set of "stats" regards B.P. and Weight.. I am guessing my weight has changed further as my clothes are falling off :)

Take care

Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 18, 2013, 04:54

Mal, I'm extremely inspired by your site. I've always wanted to travel like you and Lee did. I've always wanted to visit Thailand and am going to make it a point to do so as soon as I get the chance. I'm on page 10/18 so far and will continue browsing as soon as I get my boys to bed.

I'm happy that you found me Mal. I only hope that juicing will do for you what it did for me and make a big difference in the state of your health and the quality of your life.

There's no problem making your juices in the morning and drinking them throughout the day, especially with your juicer. It will allow you to store the juices longer without sacrificing the nutritional value of them.

Soon you'll have to go buy all new clothing! I remember I had to go buy new clothing after two weeks, and then again within another 2 weeks.

I wish you all the best Mal. Know that I'm always here for you.

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 19, 2013, 06:46

Hi All,

Had to break my fast today due to pain. My wife made a very light vegetable soup. I ate/drank the warm soup and it eased the pain completely. Now I am at a crossroads - battling pain - albeit intermittently. I am finding the cold juice(s) (or cold veggies (salad) when I could not juice) seem to be causing the Problem.

I am "thinking" that if I juice - seal it in a jar - and leave it to climb to room temperature???

It is something Donnie said about my juicer - that I could keep juice longer, due to the way it juices. I HAVE been making my juice in the morning - putting it in a flask - then storing in the chiller until ready to drink. It is icy cold when I drink it.

Your thoughts much appreciated about the nutritional aspect of letting it warm through "naturally"...

I guess Donnie you are reading Thailand on my site. There are seven pages (I think) which "Peeling Back The Layers". starts on page Thailand page 11/18 I do not have such a great command of English to be a writer but the pictures tell their own story - hope you find it moving.

You can go Direct here http://www.pcw.iinet.net.au/S-E-A/thailand/tha_P11_aug08.html

Anyhow the pain is now much less... Will write again tomorrow..

Regards - Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 19, 2013, 15:59

Mal, sorry to hear of your pain. Try this out since it's cold and you want something warm. You can make fresh warm soups out of your juices. Here's a thread with a few recipes for you to try out:

http://www.justonjuice.com/forum/justonjuice-forum-group1/juicing-recipes-forum2/any-soup-recipes-available-i-have-a-tough-time-at-dinner-thread177

I would say it's better to warm your juices up slowly on a stove or over a fire as opposed to letting them rise on their own to room temperature. You want to get as much nutritional value out of them as possible and I'm afraid you'll lose too much nutritional value letting them warm up on their own.

Try out a few soup recipes and feel free to add a few spices. Try not to add any salt though.

I love your pictures Mal. They kept me busy for the better part of the night just browsing and reading of your adventures. A few places on my list to visit are New Zealand, Thailand, South Africa, Australia, China, Japan, The UK, and the Philippines. I'm not sure where to start but I'm sure all of these places will be amazing.

Have a wonderful day Mal!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 22, 2013, 07:27

Not having a great day today guys... Will write tomorrow

Regards - Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 22, 2013, 15:48

I'm sorry to hear that Mal. I hope your day turns out to be better as it progresses. Get some rest and I wish you a better day and the best of everything!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 25, 2013, 02:40

My final day here in this indigenous community... Very emotional. I head for the city of Alice Springs at 0700 Monday morning, just 19 hrs time.

I intend taking two litres of juice in vacuum flasks with me. I am hoping this will provide the energy for my 700 km drive and any associated problems ie.. punctures etc. there is about 200 km of dirt road before I get to bitumen - I drive past "Ayers Rock" (Uluru is Aboriginal name). Oprah Winfrey made it famous in the USA during her recent visit to the rock, a couple of years ago.

I will juice Tuesday and probably go on water only Wednesday whilst taking the horrible laxative(s)... Not even allowed water Thursday. The opp is scheduled for 11:30am.

It has been a difficult time juicing with my debilitating ilness. I have done my best, however, hindsight will tell me I could have done better - it always does.

For anyone following with Cancer - any cancer - I will give you my stat's after my opp - when I will know as much as possible.

Regards - Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 25, 2013, 20:22

Mal, we are all here cheering you on your journey. You've come so far and done so well in choosing a path that will better your health.

That's a long drive but just think Mal, you cycled your way through over a dozen countries before. You're a true adventurer. Treat this trip like an adventure across your own country.

Hindsight will always tell us we could have or should have done, but you did what you did and gave it your best. That's all anyone can do Mal.

As always, I wish you the absolute best Mal! I hope the opp goes smoothly. Know that I will be thinking about you through it all.

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 27, 2013, 12:52

First full day in Alice Springs... made a juice of Celery, yellow carrot, Strawberry, Blueberry, Fresh turmeric root, apple & snow peas. Indulgent? Yes!!! - all organic too.. I must say it was delicious. But you guys reading can only guess what it is like after suffering much deprivation to be surrounded by delicious, FRESH, fruit & Veggies.

Tomorrow I can juice until about lunch time - then just water... and the horrible laxatives, that are part of surgery.

I suspect it is better for me to juice after the surgery to give the "organ" time to heal? I do not know???

What I do know is I will not be asking doctors or nurses... Just "listening" to my body and taking responsibility for myself...
To those reading over the last few weeks - thank you for hanging in - I hope you get at least a "smidgen" of benefit..

Regards

Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 27, 2013, 16:06

I bet it's so nice to have your choice of fresh produce! I'm going to start adding some turmeric root into a few of my juices. Haven't tried it yet but I hear it has many benefits.

Just listen to your body but take your doctors advice if he tells you something different for after your surgery.

I'm glad you made it in okay. Keep us updated when you can Mal!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 28, 2013, 00:22

The "known" active ingredient of Turmeric root is "Curcumin"

<SNIP - Mayo Clinic> is thought to have antioxidant properties, which means it may decrease swelling and inflammation. It's being explored as a cancer treatment in part because inflammation appears to play a role in cancer.

Laboratory and animal research suggests that curcumin may prevent cancer, slow the spread of cancer, make chemotherapy more effective and protect healthy cells from damage by radiation therapy. Curcumin is being studied for use in many types of cancer.

Well worth research I guess, but what is not stated "it tastes nice" :)

Thanks for your support Donnie - you have stuck by me since day one. There is nothing I can say man, except a very sincere thank you.

I switch to water only in two hours.....

Regards

Mal

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 28, 2013, 01:02

Jut thought I would add....

Breakfast Juice.

Half a medium size "Paw Paw", Bunch mint, yellow carrot, snow peas, green apple, two small turmeric roots, strawberries and a handful of blueberries. I have been having my fruit in the AM.. Greens later in the day.

Juicing has taken on a whole new meaning vs my old fruit & veggies at the store. No nausea and no need to warm up either.

Catchya Later...

CarolLee
Juicer
CarolLee
on: August 28, 2013, 11:25

Good Luck with your surgery Mal...will say a prayer for you. :)
Carol

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 28, 2013, 13:25

Thanks CarolLee....

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: August 28, 2013, 15:39

We're praying too, Mal. Will be waiting to hear from you!!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 28, 2013, 16:02

Mal, I'm going to look for some turmeric root today and see what I can find. Thanks for the info on it.

Everything is going to go great for you. I wish you the best and we are all looking forward to having you back once it's finished! You're a big inspiration to me and everyone here at JOJ!

Keep on keeping on Mal!

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: August 28, 2013, 22:12

Hi Donnie, when you find the turmeric root will you share where to find it and what it tastes like?
Thanks!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 28, 2013, 22:19

I sure will Patti!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 28, 2013, 22:45

Thanks PattiRob and Donnie.

When you do look for turmeric there are two main types:

Light yellow Madras turmeric is most commonly available and is used primarily for curries, pickles, and mustard; Alleppey turmeric is darker in colour due to a higher portion of curcumin (turmeric’s colouring agent and cancer fighter) and is noted for its fine flavour and earthy aroma with delicate notes of lemon and mint.

Since diagnosis I have not had time to evaluate anything, let alone turmeric. However, juicing per say is evolving as a tool in the betterment of peoples health. I just wish I had known about it years ago.

As we add to our collective knowledge with forums such as this, we help our children and grandchildren make better choices - one hopes?

3.5 hrs to go before my opp

Bye for now - Mal

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Tags: , , , ,