twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Colon Cancer

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
Re: Colon Cancer
on: August 5, 2013, 23:16

DAY 7

Again thanks Donnie for your support.

I took my BP last night to see if it was a “morning/night” thing. It is not, my BP last night after a stressful day at work was 128/86, the difference of 1 point is negligible.

You asked if my clothes fit? well, that is what prompted me to check my weight. They do not fit, particularly around the middle.

I am hoping some of your readers have a few “root” vegetable recipe’s the would like to share. I am now out of leafy veggies and 8 days to my truck coming.

I had so little understanding of juicing that I have totally underestimated the staggering volume of leafy vegetable(s) one needs. If I had known what I know now, I would be in a very different situation. Still it is what it is.......

I will not weigh my self daily as realistically that does not give the best reading, will try to check in with weight fluctuations every four or five days.

It is also difficult to get the cancer from the forefront of my mind... Still I am feeling better generally, albeit a slight “brain fog”.

Not much more for today

Warm Regards - Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 6, 2013, 05:02

Thanks for the update Mal. Try this out for a good root veggie juice:

2 Beets
2 Parsnips or 2 Carrots
2 Celery Stalks
1/2 Inch of Ginger Root

Make sure you clean all root veggies thoroughly. Especially the beets. This will give you a good base to start with if you want to experiment and add more to it.

Let's hope that truck gets there on time with those leafy greens!

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 6, 2013, 06:59

Quick reply

I have all those ingredients - will try tonight :-) - Thank you
Regards

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 7, 2013, 02:41

DAY 8

Hi to anyone reading.
I have run out of “product” to Juice. I am in a unique situation. Most, people considering Australia see's it as a first world nation with abundance. Whilst this is true for most, it is not the case where I live.

Let me draw a parallel, which may be easier to understand. I live in the Sahara Desert in Africa with 350 indigenous people. I am surrounded by 500 Miles of sand and FEW people in between. A Truck replenishes this community with EVERYTHING they need. Food, clothing, tools etc.. etc... Every two weeks

I should have researched juicing a lot more than I did. I have had to make some decisions. My options as I saw them was to:

·         Switch to water only?
I am quite sick and feel I should continue absorbing some nutrition so I have discounted this option.

·         Abandon Juicing altogether?
I have gained so many benefits from Juicing up to now I do NOT want to stop. However I have no product to juice.

So this is what I have decided to do: After an inventory of my product I can “probably” juice one drink per day until my truck arrives on the 15th. I will juice my fruit with these root veggies to make it more palatable. Maintaing the 80/20 ratio.

The rest of my meals will be”steamed” root veggies ONLY. It is the only way I can see of getting through with what product I have.

Should I continue to post results?
This is a Juicing forum kindly maintained by Donnie. He clearly works tirelessly supporting those who are members and those seeking advice. I do not know the answer to this!

Best Regards
Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 7, 2013, 06:51

Mal, thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear about your lack of produce to continue your fast. I have an alternative solution that may work out really well for you.

Based on your available produce and taking your idea into consideration, here is what I propose you do.

Spread out your available produce so you can maintain 1 good size juice per day or 2 smaller juices per day. When you aren't juicing, eat raw fruits and vegetables as opposed to steamed. The raw fruits and vegetables will provide you more nutrition than the steamed and keep you as close to the fast as possible. The main thing is to set small portion sizes and eat only when you are hungry. Don't starve yourself, but eat enough to quench your hunger and keep you satisfied. Maintain a healthy amount of water throughout the day as it will continue to help your system absorb nutrients and keep hydrated.

You did juice for a total of 8 days. That's plenty of time to give your system a good cleanse. You've also lowered your blood pressure and lost a good amount of weight. It doesn't end here.

I feel you will not only continue to lose weight doing this but you'll still see many improvements in your health. If you don't mind I'm sure many of us are still interested and can benefit from your results Mal. As always, I wish you the best and look forward to your updates. I'm always here for you Mal.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 7, 2013, 08:55

Thanks so much for this Donnie,

I actually dropped the idea of cooking the veggies and ate them raw today. They are actually quite nice. I had raw, Zucchini, turnip, carrot & parsnip. Not too many. The quantity I needed was much less than had I juiced them. Please believe I so did not want to stop juicing!!!

Only Juice for me tonight.

As you do not seem to mind I will continue with the updates on your forum and resume full time juicing on the 15th. The very day my truck arrives. It will have enough produce this time - I will make sure of that.

Please consider it a modified "pause".

I get what you are saying about raw vs steamed.

Regards Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 7, 2013, 15:25

No worries Mal, if you continue how you are till the 15th you'll be fine. You shouldn't have any problem hopping back on the full fast. I'm just glad your sticking through and making due with what you have. You have a strong desire to succeed and the will power to do it!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 8, 2013, 03:17

DAY 9 (Modified)

Those reading will know I have run out of produce. However, I will continue to send personal weight, BP and any other readings.

I will also attempt to quantify how I feel – compared with how I “felt” on the fast.

The introduction of solid food on day 8 completely removed the frustrating nausea that has plagued me for a substantial part of the fast. There are however, variables in my case – the biggest of course is, I have Bowel Cancer.

You will probably get different mileage.

Actually not Juicing removes nutrients from the fast and eating raw simply adds fibre. Given that, when fibre is “removed”, a great deal more product is required to extract all the goodies and provide enough juice to the person fasting.

If there are any specific questions people reading want to ask of me – PLEASE feel free to do so. As with perhaps most of this type of forum(s), what we say and do CAN help others.

It is certainly my prime motivation to “post” - helping someone else.

Take care

Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 8, 2013, 03:43

Another intriguing fact about juicing versus eating raw is the rate of absorption. Juicers not only extract the juice but break down the cell wall of the fruits and veggies where most enzymes and nutrients are stored, allowing for a more efficient absorption rate as opposed to eating raw.

Did you notice a difference in your blood pressure at all today? I'm guessing it stayed about the same?

Thanks for your updates Mal!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 9, 2013, 12:37

DAY 10 (Modified)

Hi I have had to completely pause my fast today until the 15th when I will resume in full for a further 8 days.

Stats:

BP Stable two days 120/78
Weight: Lost 10 kilograms or 22lbs

I have had very limited solid food today (on advice) No bowel movement as yet.

I have a mountain of produce coming on my next truck - probably overkill

I can continue to post but wonder if it will interest anyone during the "pause".

Thanks to all who have offered their support, particularly Donnie.

Take care Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 9, 2013, 15:10

Mal, I feel your updates will continue to help people regardless of if you're full out juice fasting or not. I'm sure people are interested to see if your BP shoots back up or if you gain a lot of weight back. I'm positive your BP will stay steady and that over the next week you'll continue to have lost a few more pounds.

I'm excited for you to get back to juicing when the truck arrives. As long as you keep eating raw, you will be fine. Take care!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 10, 2013, 00:05

DAY 11 (Modified)(Morning)

Took my BP this morning before I came to work 118/78 - I consider it now to be in the normal range - WITHOUT DRUGS and I did not exercise, because, it was not recommended on the fast. This is Truly a remarkable result.

Weight: has already dropped a lot, but I will weigh again next week, I prefer to only weigh myself twice a week because fluctuations can be de-motivating. I need to shed 5-6kg (12-15lbs)to belong to the "ideal range", albeit the upper end of that.

19 Days before I find out if this fast/phenomena, has affected my cancer. The opp includes a colonoscopy, hence the surgeon will have a direct comparison between the "before & after".

How a "cancer" can be happy occupying a body that feels as good as mine does right know, is beyond me.

For those with colon cancer - or any cancer for that matter. I will be as detailed as I can, in the hope it helps you. If it is worse I will tell you. I am not writing to suit an agenda, but, to say, how it is - warts & all.

Regards

Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 10, 2013, 04:31

Wow, that's a really good BP level Mal. I'm pleased to see it that low already. Very good!!! It's going to be interesting to see how much weight you've dropped even while on the solids. Great idea not weighing yourself every day. While it can be very motivational to see the weight fly off, like you said, it can also be de-motivational if a day goes by where you don't lose that much. It's best to judge your success by how you feel, how you look, and how your clothes fit.

I'm excited to hear your results come 19 more days. I'm hoping for the best Mal. You're posts are very motivating. This thread has been viewed over 600 times so I know many people are following and also wishing you the best.

Maybe the truck driver will break some speed records and it will arrive early so you can hop back on the juice!

All the best to you Mal!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 10, 2013, 07:28

Hi Donnie, the BP has simply blown me away... It has been as high as 210/110 in recent times. Not sure if I have an odd metabolism but drugs (first ones - ACE inhibitors) barely changed the readings. I know there are other drugs available. But, I declined after a very, very poor experience on them.

I expected a drop in BP because I read that others had a drop "juicing". NOTHING could have prepared me for the "sustained" readings I am getting over the last three days.

I documented my starting pressure and the quite rapid decline it surprised me, but, it is 100% real. If it rises again I will document that too.

As you have said, the weight loss seems to be something that most of us "juicing" will experience (to varying degrees). I expect that after finishing this 'fast" completely, I will need to transition carefully, so as not to put too much back on.

I have been "vegan" 100% for about 5 years, but I am not a good vegan. I ate too many "mock" meats and too much refined food. NOTHING with any animal and no honey either, but, it could have been so much better. When I choose to do something I give it everything. For me becoming vegan meant in the strictest sense.

My wife and I (Both Vegan) are considering a change. We are considering a free range egg from known sources perhaps once a week (Vitamin B12) and the consumption of Krill oil (Omega 3). I know we can get Omega 3 from plant based diets, however, my cancer is dictating this response to a large degree. There are factors in fish based Omega 3 not available in the plant world. Whether I need these factors is of course debatable.

This will render us omnivores once again. However, we intend to incorporate some juicing most days and far more, less processed, food.

First things first though, I need to find out if I will survive the cancer.

Thanks for your support Donnie.

Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 10, 2013, 16:17

Before my first fast, I also had a very bad experience on BP medication. It was not pleasant. I decided the side effects from the medication were worse than the high BP itself.

Incorporating B12 and Omega 3 into your diet is a great idea as you don't get B12 from a strictly plant based diet. While our bodies do have a huge storage of B12 after a long time without it, it will need to be replenished.

Once you come off juicing it's very easy to maintain a healthy diet. It is best to still include juices throughout your day as they will help to provide plenty of nutrition.

Have a super fantastic day Mal.

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 11, 2013, 05:34

DAY 12 (Modified)

It is now late Sunday afternoon on a beautiful winters day. I am feeling pretty good, in fact better than I have felt in a long time. With only a couple of weeks, to the first day of spring, the wild-flowers are amazing here. Semi Desert can be very nice sometimes.

Still on "maintenance" until my truck gets here Thursday.

Introducing the fibre back has caused (rare for me) constipation, nearly drowned myself with water last night but it will not soften. No pharmacies (drug stores) in the desert so I need to improvise and figure this one out.

Apart from that minor irritation... All's good.

Take care

Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 11, 2013, 20:14

Mal, if you have lemon start including a little lemon in your water. It will help with the constipation. Lemon is great to help pass things along so give it try and let me know if it helps.

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 12, 2013, 00:21

DAY 13 (Modified)

Monday is busy in my job not much time to think. Took my BP this morning and whilst cannot remember my systolic (somewhere in the 120's) the diastolic was 83. This was taken whilst fairly ambulatory. (Busy this morning).

Constipation eased overnight and I returned to a normal BM this morning. Will keep the lemon trick in mind for the future.

WEIGHT. About half kilo or 1 lb below the last day on only juice. The modified diet has allowed me to somewhat plateau, but not gain.

General feeling of well-being - unprecedented.

Have a great day - Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 12, 2013, 04:58

I'm glad you're feeling good and your BP is great. It's great you've been able to still lose a little weight while including solids into your diet. Just a few more days and you'll have some produce!

I'm curious to know how well your juicer works for you. I'm considering purchasing the same one here soon. I really like the idea behind it. Is it simple to clean too?

Have a fantastic Tuesday Mal!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 12, 2013, 08:35

Hi Donnie, in the past I owned a centrifugal juicer, it did the job at the time. I just used it to do fruit juices once in a while.

The one I have now crushes the fruit & veg and “rubs” leaves/grasses etc.. against a stainless steel filter, quite ingenious really.

One thing that strikes me about it is, the almost complete dryness of the expelled fibre. Oh!! And it is VERY quiet.

The thing weighs quite a bit, 20 yr warranty on the motor. I think they are Aussie made, not sure 100% so maybe cannot buy over there. I mentioned the brand in an earlier post I think… Damned expensive though, still “smarting” from the cost.

Cleaning is a snap, only 6 parts, the only part needing a bit of effort is the stainless steel filter. Everything else just rinses off. The filter has a (supplied) brushing tool, that fits snugly.

There will be far more choice in your land, probably much cheaper too. Also ebay could be your friend..

Good luck - I hope you find what you are looking for

Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 12, 2013, 16:54

I've found the Kuvings through a few local stores and I'm pretty hooked after watching a few videos on them. I'm keen on having a juicer that crushes instead of a centrifugal juicer. I like the fact that it will provide more juice and a better quality juice. I also like the fact that I'll be able to pre make my juices and store them throughout the day. I think I'll have to go ahead and get it towards the end of the month. I'll check on ebay though, I might find a great deal! Thanks Mal! I hope you're having a super fantastic day today!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 12, 2013, 23:17

Hi Donnie,

I am fairly sure this is a generic statement for all "crushers" VS Centrifuges.

You WILL get more juice
    The consistency of the juice is different.

A parallel example, we have all seen apple juice crystal clear & golden and we have all seen the crushed apple juice in a bottle where the "bits" have settled to the bottom. These bits are NOT the fibre.
This is what your crusher will do, and this is how your juices will look.

I replied rather hurriedly yesterday and could not remember the brand name of my juicer/crusher.

Regards - Mal

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: August 13, 2013, 16:24

I'm sure the juicer pays for itself in the long run considering you get more juice and a better quality juice. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

2 more days until your truck arrives Mal! Woo Hoo!!!

PattiRob
Juice Professional
on: August 13, 2013, 19:05

Hi Mal, I just want to reaffirm what Donnie told you about the BP. Mine was 151/110, in the danger zone. I had to go to the Dr. 5 days after starting my fast and my BP was 120/80. I was shocked at the drop and almost asked them to retake it....but I don't like having my arm squeezed that tight so I didn't!
I'm sure your scale is accurate as well as your BP monitor. My husband and I have been really surprised by how rapidly the weight comes off as well!
Also wanted to add say that your posts are very inspiring. I think we've all wondered what we would do if we received a diagnosis of cancer. After watching so many people I love suffer through the side-effects of treatment, I'm almost certain I would turn to natural healing methods, juicing being the 1st on the list. Now my hope is to avoid any serious disease through juicing and a healthy life style.
We're still over here in Washington State USA cheering you on and praying for you!!!

Mal
Juice Expert
Mal
on: August 14, 2013, 02:22

Hi PattiRob & Donnie,

I guess we all, want to survive without resort to some of the horrors of conventional medicine. Particularly Chemotherapy.

MY OPINION ONLY: Juicing is in its “empirical” infancy, less than 100 yrs old and only a relative few years “mainstream”. I believe it can evolve further.

I truly am astonished with the BP numbers. However, I need to report my numbers now, in three months, six months, etc... I will do this, as it will show what one person did and how effective it was for that person.

If an empirical database builds up that clearly demonstrates an effective method of rapidly bringing down a persons BP AND sustaining the fall – without drugs. Who would not want to try that? Big Pharma. and the MMM. (Medical Money Machine), may be the only exceptions?

My reality, I have a life threatening illness! My mother died of Colon Cancer in 2008. I was with her until the last breath. From diagnosis to death was about eight months. Violently sick with Chemo, and everything the medical profession could throw at the disease was done.

I re-commence full time juicing tomorrow. When my much touted truck arrives with all the fresh produce. I am going to try something different. I will make my my juices and add 1-1.5 tablespoons of Turmeric Powder. To some or all. Turmeric is a known cancer fighter.

I will be Juicing for 10 days... I cannot go beyond that as the prep for my opp interferes. With one rider, I need to acknowledge what my body tells me. I experienced some nausea every day at the start of this.... only alleviated with solids. Overall since the start I have never had such a feeling of well-being.

There is a great deal of info out there on the net – what I miss the most is I cannot talk with a few friends.... Given I live in one of the most isolated settlements in the world.

Thanks Donnie for providing the “venue” and to those who choose to write – for their inspiration.

Mal

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Tags: , , , ,