twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Can I add pulp to thicken juice ?

zoggy
Juicer
Can I add pulp to thicken juice ?
on: September 2, 2014, 19:58

Hi

I'm new to the forum and started juicing before the summer and wanted to start next week to kick start some weight loss/healthy eating.

I bought a really good Philips juicer but found the juices were so thin they didn't feel me up.

I want to make 4 x 500ml a day but want them to be more like smoothies ( to keep the hunger pangs at bay)

Would it be ok to add some of the pulp to the juice to make more of a smoothie or would I need to go and buy a blender?

or is there an alternative to thicken my juice?

I'm more more vegetable based one to avoid any excess sugar hits

thanks
Zoe

april_crawfor-
d
Juicer
april_crawford
Re: Can I add pulp to thicken juice ?
on: October 14, 2014, 00:58

Hi Zoe,

Increasing pulp quantity a little bit to your juice is a great idea to thicken it up. I am not sure, exactly what type of juicer you have but there should be some sort of setting for pulp adjustment. If not you might have to manually get it done.

If yours does not let you change the thickness of the juice, you might want to think about getting another juicer. There are so many good ones now at very resonable price points. Here is a good article to help you find the best juicer: http://whatrocksandwhatsucks.com/best-juicer-machine/

topdog53
Juicer
topdog53
Re: Can I add pulp to thicken juice ?
on: October 14, 2014, 15:21

Adding some chia seeds soaked overnight might help. You might not want to get a lot of pulp if you are looking to detox, cleanse and lose weight. Do remember to drink a lot of water in between juices too. Adding ginger and lemon to every juice keeps hunger away.

“There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.”

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,