twitter
facebook
pinterest
rss
Email: info@justonjuice.com | Login | Messages

Juicing Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Am I doing something wrong?

joy0103
Juicer
Am I doing something wrong?
on: July 18, 2013, 04:52

I am going onto day 3 of a juice fast. I've been picking and choosing from the 7 day juice plan suggestions list, and I've been doing about 4-5 juices a day, not including the lemon juice and water in the morning. I try to drink as much water as I can in between the juices, but I'm just not hungry. I am using the Jack LaLanne juicer (on sale at Costco) and I haven noticed that it is not very good at juicing leafy vegetables. Consequently, I've been using a lot of leafy vegetables (though still not really getting a lot) but same amounts of other vegs and fruits.

I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong, because I am not experiencing many of the symptoms - I haven't have a bowel movement, no bad headaches, not very bad hunger pains, etc. I am peeing a lot but that's about it. I also haven't lost a pound.

Am I doing something wrong or is it too early?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
Re: Am I doing something wrong?
on: July 18, 2013, 06:07

Joy, welcome to JOJ. You're the second person in the past 3 months that have said they aren't losing any weight. The one thing you each have in common is the Jack Lalanne juicer. I haven't used that particular juicer but common sense tells me that shouldn't be a problem as long as it's producing good juice with no pulp.

Not everyone experiences the detox symptoms like headaches or hunger pains. Most of the toxins and weight are released through your urine. It's hard to tell what's wrong.

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you weight and what is your goal? I'm also curious to how the juice comes out. Is it the consistency of water or is it thicker? Your juice should be the same consistency of water. If it's not, that means a lot of pulp is getting in there and that will have a direct effect on your weight loss.

Since you're not having any bowel movements I'd like you to increase the amount of lemon and ginger you are using in your juices. If the ginger is too strong then it's okay to cut back on it. Also, cut back your juices a bit and try doing 4-6 juices that are 8-12 ounces instead of 16-20 ounces.

Try that out and then let me know if that works for you. We will get down to the bottom of this Joy.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

How To Juice Fast | JustOnJuice Blog

joy0103
Juicer
on: July 18, 2013, 19:21

Thanks! My juices are like water, with some foam up top. I am currently about 150 lbs and would like to go back to 120 lbs (I am 5' 4" but I'm Chinese). Pre baby, I was 110 lbs. I have found that my juices tend to be sweeter than most. The Jack LaLanne does well with bulkier pieces, but when kale and spinach - I'd be throwing in fist fulls and only 1 tablespoon would come out. I am thinking of switching to the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth you mentioned in one of your blogs - is it good? I am also thinking of switching to vegs that are not so leafy - broccoli, lettuce, etc. I love ginger and lemon, and will increase those. Another thing about the Jack LaLanne is that the spout is real low, so I can't get a glass in there. Right now, I'm using Asian noodle soup bowls, and I drink about 5 of those a day. But as such, I've no idea how many ounces that is. I follow your recipe, so it's whatever that comes out of one recipe, if that helps to guesstimate the ounces?

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 18, 2013, 20:34

Joy, the hamilton beach works really well. Try bunching up the leafy greens as much as possible. Pack them into a tight ball and then try juicing them and see if that produces a little more. Also, make sure you juice a cucumber last as it will help to flush out any juice that is caught in the juicer.

"Willpower is essential to the accomplishment of anything worthwhile." Keep this in mind while on your fast!

I was 212 lbs before I started juicing, today I am 185 lbs and feel better than I did 10 years ago!

joy0103
Juicer
on: July 18, 2013, 21:27

yes, that's what I've taken to do - do leafs then a cuke and alternate to squeeze the juice out. will keep you posted! thanks!

joy0103
Juicer
on: July 18, 2013, 21:28

yes, I've been alternating between leafs and cukes/apples. Will keep you posted! thanks!

joy0103
Juicer
on: July 22, 2013, 03:16

Well, I fell off the wagon this wknd, but am more determined than ever to go back on.

So, on and off juicing since Tues - lost 3 lbs so far. But have been eating a bit the last few days. Will start anew tomorrow!

Some questions -

1) Is it okay to make my own? I'm always afraid I'm not making the right juices. I'm trying to keep to the 20/80 split of fruits/vegs, but am throwing in bell pepper. Always use a lot of celery and cukes, some apples, half a lemon and 1-2 inches ginger. Still no bowel movement though - any ideas?

2) I'm finding it really difficult to keep up at least 4 juices a day - is that perhaps the problem? I'm prob only doing 2-3, plus the lemon (8oz) in the AM. I'm also not drinking a lot of water either. Just not hungry. Am getting a bit of reflux, complexion clearing, and less bloated. Feeling some kind of sore coming on my tongue.

Thoughts?

Many thanks!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 22, 2013, 05:07

Joy, it's fine to make your own. It's also fun to make your own as you'll get to fine tune your drink to how you want it. Joy, if you're on the juice only your not giving yourself any solids to warrant a bowel movement. But since you've eaten stuff I'm sure it will all come out once you start juicing again.

If you can't do 4 juices a day then cut down the size of each juice to 8-12 ounces. If you really want this to work Joy you're going to have to stay hydrated. You aren't drinking enough water. You should be having at least 8 ounces of water directly after you have have a juice. If you only drink a juice or two and just a little water, your body is going to hold onto what it has because you are starving it of nutrients. Like I said, spread your juices more out throughout the day instead of one or two big juices.

As for the reflux and the mouth sore, you're not drinking enough water. It's so important to drink water in addition to your juices. The water helps to thin out the water making it more easy to absorb. The water also hydrates your colon and the rest of your body. DRINK MORE WATER JOY!!! :)

I'm here if you need me.

joy0103
Juicer
on: July 22, 2013, 05:51

Thanks! I will try to keep that in mind. I bet you that is the main problem. The first couple of days, I did 4 juices of 16 oz plus the lemon (tho not as much water). I peed a lot, but definitely no bowel movements. I think I've identified my problem! I have to drink more! I will try to sip throughout the day to ensure this is happening.

So I should be drinking 32-48 oz of juice a day plus 32 oz water minimum? What does the lemon water in the AM count as?

You know, I wake up in the AM and make the lemon juice, and it's prob noon time before I even finish it. Then 1 juice, plus some water. Then it's dinner time before I have another juice. I must work on drinking more! I will, and will also keep you posted!

Thanks!

JustOnJuice
Administrator
JustOnJuice
on: July 22, 2013, 19:52

Joy, it's great to sip on stuff throughout the day but it's also best to make sure you get the juice in you as soon as you can. Don't sip on it too long. Give yourself a 15 minute window to drink it. 48-72 ounces at least is what you should be taking in.

Pages: 1

Tags: , , , ,